U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:02 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,483,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Bavaro's is a DEFINITE must hit... Though I suggest reservations. Went to take the girlfriend out for her birthday and they had a party of 30. Needless to say, Cappy's is NOWHERE near as good!
I noticed this too. About 4 of the last 6 times I went in there, they had a big group eating. This is good though, when I started eating there a few years ago...you could walk in on any given night without a reservation and be fine. Now sometimes you make a reservation and still have to wait. Gary, the manager, is great though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 07:24 AM

45 posts, read 42,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Bavaro's is a DEFINITE must hit... Though I suggest reservations. Went to take the girlfriend out for her birthday and they had a party of 30. Needless to say, Cappy's is NOWHERE near as good!
Bavaros is opening up in Downtown St Pete very soon too. So excited!!

Old 02-17-2016, 07:52 AM

437 posts, read 493,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
What do you like about Tampa?
Hmmm, let me think.. The warm weather, endless sunshine, close proximity to all major cities in FL as well as the best beaches in the country. Busch Gardens, the food, the music scene, especially the large EDM scene The fact that there is always something to do here, even on a rainy day, you can never be bored. The fishing, boating and all the watersports options that are available here are endless.

I could go on and on, but for me coming from boring Ohio, this place is all i ever wanted and i'm proud to call it home

Old 02-17-2016, 08:53 AM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,483,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braineater2448 View Post
Bavaros is opening up in Downtown St Pete very soon too. So excited!!
Yup! And also the airport.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:12 AM

34,269 posts, read 41,320,656 times
Close proximity to St Petes BEACHES

Old 02-17-2016, 02:16 PM

404 posts, read 353,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Close proximity to St Petes BEACHES
In 30 minutes, I could go from sitting at my stuffy office at work to sipping magarita at Clearwater Beach with my feet in the sand. On some days, I can do both but laptops and sand don't mix.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:00 PM

3,755 posts, read 2,975,116 times
I got the chance earlier this week to visit a few new spots. Well, the Hard Rock isn't exactly new but it seems like they've revamped it recently and it has lost some of the sleazy element.

I went to the Tampa Museum of Art for the first time, which has traditionally gotten poor reviews. 1st plus is prices, especially for me as it is free for college students, and the membership covers like 8-9 other museums in the metro, so it's totally worth it at like 40$ or so. While it is SMALL which is probably reason for negative reviews, what it does have is pretty cool. The exhibition that is in there right now is kinda unique, and I would say it has a very solid collection of sculpture, several 19th century masters, and easily the best (while small) collection of Greco/Roman/Egyptian antiquity in Florida (there's a full cast mummy!), to my knowledge maybe the only one in the state. Also, it has really cool looking gathering spaces/events, seems to cater pretty well to the YP crowd, I'm sure there socials are great.

Also, there are some decently cool free gardens around town. The USF Botanical Garden in Tampa and the Palma Sola in Bradenton, while small, sorta serve as the gardens for their areas. I have a free pass to Sunken Gardens in St Pete so I'll be checking that out also.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:43 PM

48 posts, read 44,203 times
The cigar scene comes first for me and you cannot forget Tampa Humidor. Tampa is really good for this but bad with a lot of other nightlife. Ybor City is the main nightlife hub unless you wanna get shot like what happened up there on N Nebraska. Independent is a nice spot though up on slowly gentrifying N Florida Ave. That's a good pocket over there.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:21 PM

85 posts, read 106,465 times
I often see dolphins when I cross the Bay Side Bridge as I commute to work. UH-Mazing

Old 02-18-2016, 07:22 PM

85 posts, read 106,465 times
one more thing, I find the people (in St Petersburg anyway) very friendly and I always find myself chatting it up with strangers. Its really welcoming in my neck of the woods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or