U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 04:09 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,525,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Reeves never 'lost his cool" in the subject situation. The only person who "lost their cool" was Oulson.
He launched attack on what he construed was just some old man. He was sadly mistaken.
Your posts in this thread are very entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 04:11 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,259,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Your posts in this thread are very entertaining.
Really? I hope u enjoy them

Old 01-06-2016, 04:17 PM
KPB KPB started this thread

1,434 posts, read 926,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Agree 100%...I think Reeves was used to being a guy that people complied with...he had a higher degree of sensitivity to not being obeyed...oh that and he had a gun in his pocket...
That's pretty much how a few of his colleagues described him, one even stated that he felt Reeve's shouldn't be in law enforcement.
IMO, based on how he talked to his wife after he shot Oulson and from what other people have come forward and stated I feel Reeve's is a grumpy, ugly, old, control freak azzhole.
I hope he's charged at least w/ 2nd degree manslaughter so he spends the last few miserable years of his life in prison.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's some price to pay. Possible loss of freedom, and depleting everything you worked hard for and possibly leaving your wife destitute.

Over this nonsense? Really stupid.

At that moment. Well see rational people think first before they let their temper get the best of them.

We all can get angry and lose our cool. But you have to think is this worth it? If I act in the moment what are the long term consequences?

Someone attacks your kid, hits your car in a parking lot, breaks into your house, you take action.

Someone is annoying you by texting in a movie theater that is mostly empty, you change your seat.

Temper? He was a 71 year old man, with health problems, who was physically attacked and having fear of his well being shot and killed his attacker. If an adult attacked my kid that would be the last thing they do. Hit my car, I call the sheriff and my insurance co. Break in to my house? They most likely wouldnt walk out.

WHY should he change his seat? He did not cause the problem but he dd report the infaction to management.

If Oulson did not let an unwarranted verbal attack escalate there would have been no problem.

Again, you state Reeves lost his temper but is quite apparent he didnt. He simply and legally stopped someone from causing bodily harm to him.

What are you missing here?

Old 01-06-2016, 04:38 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,823,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Sorry, not this time
Maybe. I have no dog in the fight. Only interest in how the outcome will change interpretation of the law going forward.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:39 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,525,717 times
Quote:
Temper? He was a 71 year old man, with health problems, who was physically attacked and having fear of his well being shot and killed his attacker. If an adult attacked my kid that would be the last thing they do. Hit my car, I call the sheriff and my insurance co. Break in to my house? They most likely wouldnt walk out.

WHY should he change his seat? He did not cause the problem but he dd report the infaction to management.

If Oulson did not let an unwarranted verbal attack escalate there would have been no problem.

Again, you state Reeves lost his temper but is quite apparent he didnt. He simply and legally stopped someone from causing bodily harm to him.

What are you missing here?
You can't really be serious...

Old 01-06-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
That's pretty much how a few of his colleagues described him, one even stated that he felt Reeve's shouldn't be in law enforcement.
IMO, based on how he talked to his wife after he shot Oulson and from what other people have come forward and stated I feel Reeve's is a grumpy, ugly, old, control freak azzhole.
I hope he's charged at least w/ 2nd degree manslaughter so he spends the last few miserable years of his life in prison.
Tell me what you would have done in the same situation at age 71 being attacked by someone 1/2 your age?

Surely you will say that you would walk away. What would you do when your attacker is right behind you grabbing your shirt and yellling "Im not done with you"

Do you have links quoting these colleauges?

Old 01-06-2016, 04:51 PM

13,679 posts, read 9,336,541 times
The rooter just won't give up.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 PM

34,397 posts, read 41,499,470 times
At this point we've all given our opinions and viewpoints, its now time to sit back and see what comes out in the court case where we can base our opinions on what facts come out of the trial.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:59 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,823,909 times
Quote:
Tell me what you would have done in the same situation at age 71 being attacked by someone 1/2 your age?
Personally, I have always found it best to avoid any confrontational situations. I would have picked an empty area of the theater to sit in. If someone sat near me and was doing something that annoyed me, I would simply move to another location. I would then have enjoyed the movie, gone home and enjoyed the rest of my life with my wife.

But hey, that's just me and other people may handle things differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or