U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,255,383 times
Reputation: 6010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Oh pleeeeeaaaase!!! Poor Reeves, a former Tampa Police Captain... Sure enough he was afraid popcorn will kill him, so he had to use stay your ground law. haha. LOL. Sorry Reeves supporters but your body had a problem dealing with his temper.
He created the conflict, escalated it, and then used a gun because that was his only power to control his anger. Just think about it - we are talking about formal Tampa Police CAPTAIN! Reeves is not going any good for people who still in Police...
Cannot wait for trail to start. Anything could happen in this Country, so I have no hopes justice will be served...
You are not considering all the facts. The facts, of course, need to be proven in a court of law.
What will be determined is who the agressor was. We will also learn if Oulson's texting device caused annoying beeping sounds or if it was silent. We will find out about the cell phone Oulson threw and at who he threw it.

Reeves was not worried about having popcorn thrown at him as many suppose. Reeves was concerned about the escalating attack launched by Oulson which started when Oulson rose from his seat and confronted Reeves. Then, after/during the verbal attack, stepped it up to 2 stages of physical attack, first by throwing his cell phone, possibly at Reeves, and then by physically and suddenly snatching property of Reeves and throwing that at him. My bet is Oulson was ready to and did start to lunge at Reeves causing Reeves ttake swift and immediate action to protect himself from further harm, thus why Ms. Oulson's hand was in the path of the bullet fired. Reeves had take action to protect himself from further injury and he did.

Nobody here sees that picture. All most of you see is a bag of popcorn being thrown at somebody in a simple verbal altercation.

People are trying to see this situation in a favorable light on Oulson while painting Reeves with assumptions, accusations and using incomplete information.

Why do I see this picture? Simple. I have witnessed enough bar fights to understand that when someone feels insulted or wronged starts an argument with someone else which usually ended with the aggressor laying on the floor after having his lights turned off by his victim or worse with a knife protruding from his chest.

In the matter at hand we had a young fellow who felt wronged and launched an attack at a man twice his age. Reeves could have pulled Oulson over his seat and beat him to a pulp. A 70 + yeard old man rarely in shape to so and used the force necessary to prevent injury to himself which he had the legal right to do.


Yes, anything can happen in this country because people are judged by
a jury of their peers where each side of the dispute is heard, evidence gathered and admitted. Our courts work just like courts in England because the forefathers of this country adopted the English system. These systems have decided justice for hundreds of years and works quite well.

I will not argue my point any longer because of the blindness of the participants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:01 PM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,820,570 times
Reputation: 5073
Default And now this - oops!

The documents she filed in the lawsuit contained her claim that her own husband was the aggressor, as he had a temper problem. The attorney for the shooter said that is now fair game for his client's defense in that case. Wow!

My, how things change. Like I said, let's wait for ALL the facts and evidence to come in.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 01-14-2016 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:05 PM
KPB KPB started this thread
 
1,434 posts, read 925,496 times
Reputation: 1204
I've watched the video many times and Reeves didnt even flinch for a second as I think most any frail old man like you say he is would of if they were in such fear of being so violently attacked.
IMO he's the type that leaves his house everyday hoping someone might give him a reason to shoot them and he got his wish.

Reeve's knows he messed up, he admitted it himself.

I wonder if its such a "cut and dry" case like you say it is why did the sheriff charge him w/ murder and hold him with no bond?

Reeve's has mental problem's, he snapped.
Why else would the jail make him wear a turtle suit when he was in jail custody? (The only reason they are worn is because the inmate stated to the nurse in booking that he either wants to harm himself or others).

I guess the trial's delayed again till the end of the month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,255,383 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
The documents she filed in the lawsuit contained her claim that her own husband was the aggressor, as he had a temper problem. The attorney for the shooter said that is now fair game for his client's defense in that case. Wow!

My, how things change. Like I said, let's wait for ALL the facts and evidence to come in.


What was that sound?? It sounded like the other shoe droppng.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:35 PM
 
1,514 posts, read 1,000,378 times
Reputation: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Sorry Reeves supporters but your boy had a problem dealing with his temper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Oh. I see. That only backs up Reeves thinking further attack with harm was forthcoming. I guess it also shows how it was Oulson being a tough guy that got him shot. Tough guy pcking on an old man. Thought he was big and bad.
I think both of you are right. My bet is that while Oulson also had a temper problem, it was very important to Reeves that he be "respected".

Oulson disrespected Reeves when Reeves, after texting himself (Reeves apparently likes to dictate rules to others, but excuses himself from those same rules), asked / ordered him to stop texting. Oulson then responded with profanity. After the disrespect, Reeves was on a short course to harm the other person- if given a reason. Oulson then gave him a "reason".

In short, I hear a conviction for a lesser charge coming. The good people of the area may tolerate questionable self defense shootings in trailer parks, hoods, barrios and outside of strip joints everywhere. They are not going to tolerate them in middle class theaters where middle class kids might get hurt in the next ground standing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
WHY should he change his seat? He did not cause the problem but he did report the infaction to management.
To avoid getting into an escalating respect / disrepect confrontation with another idiot followed by a shooting and an expensive trial (win or lose)?

Other than those things, there are no reasons why Reeves should have changed seats.

Last edited by Cryptic; 01-14-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:36 PM
 
4,825 posts, read 3,481,146 times
Reputation: 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
The documents she filed in the lawsuit contained her claim that her own husband was the aggressor, as he had a temper problem. The attorney for the shooter said that is now fair game for his client's defense in that case. Wow!

My, how things change. Like I said, let's wait for ALL the facts and evidence to come in.
http://archive.wtsp.com/assetpool/do...0112131735.pdf


Not so much, whoever said that needs to brush up on reading comprehension. The suit stated that Reeves notified a representative of the movie theater that her husband was the aggressor and the employee failed to take action, the categorization of Oulson was made by Reeves to the representative of the movie theater not his wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:37 PM
PDF
 
11,386 posts, read 10,521,282 times
Reputation: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
I've watched the video many times and Reeves didnt even flinch for a second as I think most any frail old man like you say he is would of if they were in such fear of being so violently attacked.
IMO he's the type that leaves his house everyday hoping someone might give him a reason to shoot them and he got his wish.

Reeve's knows he messed up, he admitted it himself.

I wonder if its such a "cut and dry" case like you say it is why did the sheriff charge him w/ murder and hold him with no bond?

Reeve's has mental problem's, he snapped.
Why else would the jail make him wear a turtle suit when he was in jail custody? (The only reason they are worn is because the inmate stated to the nurse in booking that he either wants to harm himself or others).

I guess the trial's delayed again till the end of the month.
Too bad Spring will never answer these questions or admit that Reeves had problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:55 PM
KPB KPB started this thread
 
1,434 posts, read 925,496 times
Reputation: 1204
https://youtu.be/_2Rly-Qohu4


I just don't see Reeve's being so "violently attacked" in this video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,255,383 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Too bad Spring will never answer these questions or admit that Reeves had problems.

What infrormation is there that Reeves was mentally incompetent or "had problems"???

Why was he arrested and charged?? At the time off the arrest nobody even knew the names of the people involved. People get arrested when there is probable cause that a crime took place.


Yeah, oerhaps Reeves "messed up". He killed someone. Someone who harmed him, physically and was about to further escalate the situation.

What was Reeves going to use to do harm himself or anyone else? His dentures??

In jail they take everything from you - belts, shoelaces, combs, everything.

Yeah - he was just waiting for the right moment to kill a stranger. Be real.


Didnt flinch? Why should he have. The man has been in dozens of situations where staying focused on what was going on was paramount.

You alll keep grasping at straws and avoid the obvious.

I could only imagine the mess in your pants and the total panic and fear on your faces if you were confronted by a stranger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,255,383 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
https://youtu.be/_2Rly-Qohu4


I just don't see Reeve's being so "violently attacked" in this video.
Dude. A cell ponewas thrown, perhaps at him, a man reached out and grabbed at him all why ranting and raving. It was not a violent attack but it was evident that further attack was forthcoming. Its called REASONABLE FEAR.

Grab another straw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top