Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 01:19 PM
KPB KPB started this thread

1,517 posts, read 1,505,891 times

Advertisements

I'm not so sure she put her hand up to her husband because "she realized what was about to take place". I haven't read anything stating her husband had assaulted anyone in the past so why would she think he was about to beat up an old man in a theater?
I think she just wanted to try to do whatever she could to try diffuse the situation, maybe trying to get her husband to calm down, have a seat and let it go.

That's what I believe what would of happened if Reeve's wasn't so quick to fire his weapon and kill Oulson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It will be important how the jury views how Nicole got shot in the hand...because if they believe she was shot while trying to fend off the bullet then Reeves should at least go down for battery (which I believe he is charged with)...if she was attempting to hold her husband back and just got in the way...then no...will be interesting verdict...
I've read both, that she was shot in the front/palm side of the hand like she might of been trying to block the gun and I've read she was shot in the back side of her hand as if she was trying to calm her husband down maybe trying to get him back in his seat.
I don't know which is true.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:25 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,772,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It will be important how the jury views how Nicole got shot in the hand...because if they believe she was shot while trying to fend off the bullet then Reeves should at least go down for battery (which I believe he is charged with)...if she was attempting to hold her husband back and just got in the way...then no...will be interesting verdict...
I find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind will actually buy into the concept that she was trying to stop a bullet with her hand.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:26 PM

6,583 posts, read 4,956,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
I'm not so sure she put her hand up to her husband because "she realized what was about to take place". I haven't read anything stating her husband had assaulted anyone in the past so why would she think he was about to beat up an old man in a theater?
I think she just wanted to try to do whatever she could to try diffuse the situation, maybe trying to get her husband to calm down, have a seat and let it go.

That's what I believe what would of happened if Reeve's wasn't so quick to fire his weapon and kill Oulson.
On the civil suit she states that she put her hand out to get her husband attention.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How does the assumption that someone was about to lunge at you relate to respect/disrespect?
Oulson had 3-5 seconds (according to witnesses) after throwing the popcorn to display body language expressing his intent and Oulson's wife read the body language a split second or so before the shot was fired.
If you watch the video from the theater on YouTube you will see popcorn being thrown and 1 second later shot was fired.

Btw- the video posted on YouTube is the defense's copy which some people say has been edited in there favor. I'd like to compare the "actual" video vs. the one on YouTube to see if in fact the defense edited it but I can't find it

Old 01-16-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind will actually buy into the concept that she was trying to stop a bullet with her hand.
I agree and if you watch the video I don't know how she would of had enough time to lift her hand up to stop it.
Maybe she placed her hand up to Reeves after she heard him say "I'll teach you to throw popcorn at me" sensing that maybe Reeve's was about to become violent.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:41 PM

For anyone who cares you can read all the witness depositions here State of Florida vs Curtis Reeves

Old 01-16-2016, 01:45 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,015,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post

Gee, Ive never read anywhere that Reeves ever shot someone.

Its interesting as to the moment she put her hand up.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:50 PM

699 posts, read 605,836 times
From watching the video - I don't see her hand going towards the gun. The video is grainy, and taken at night so my lack of visual confirmation is not proof of much.

But I'll say is that in the video it looks like everything happened so fast - Oluson invaded the personal space of Reeves and snatched and threw his popcorn - as Oluson is invading the personal space of Reeves, you see Reeves reaching for his gun.

This seems to me to corroborate Reeves side of things he was scared - if this was rage, you'd expect for Reeves to reach for his gun *after* the incident, not while it's happening.

She was in the line of fire unfortunately, not much to be said there.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Gee, Ive never read anywhere that Reeves ever shot some.
True, but I've read how quite a few people describe that he's an azzhole, control freak and sometimes hard to work with.

You gotta admit you've read more than 1 person describe Reeve's character in a negative way. And haven't heard of not one single person describe Oulson in such a way.

I betcha no one never heard Oulson tell his wife to "shut your f***king mouth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay