U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-16-2016, 01:52 PM
 
699 posts, read 436,857 times
Reputation: 243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
True, but I've read how quite a few people describe that he's an azzhole, control freak and sometimes hard to work with.

You gotta admit you've read more than 1 person describe Reeve's character in a negative way. And haven't heard of not one single person describe Oulson in such a way.

I betcha no one never heard Oulson tell his wife to "shut your f***king mouth".
Oulson reached into the personal space of Reeves, took his popcorn, and threw it back at him - all over a dispute over texting, and at a 70 year old man to boot.

Let's not forget, Oulson was the first to get physical, if he wasn't shot, we'd probably be calling him all sorts of names for abusing the elderly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2016, 02:45 PM
KPB KPB started this thread
 
1,428 posts, read 912,936 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
This seems to me to corroborate Reeves side of things he was scared - if this was rage, you'd expect for Reeves to reach for his gun *after* the incident, not while it's happening..
Acorrding to the witness's statement's (one an off duty deputy, the other a nurse) Reeve's reached for his gun and fired after he told Oulson "I'll teach you for throwing popcorn at me".

Doesn't sound like he was "scared" to me. Sounds more to me like he was just pissed off and made a big mistake as the off duty deputy stated under oath that Reeve's said "I can't believe what I've just done".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 02:50 PM
KPB KPB started this thread
 
1,428 posts, read 912,936 times
Reputation: 1196
I just think its kinda ironic that some people are defending Reeve's when he and his wife both know he was wrong according to there own statements.

And yes, I can't wait for this to be over but delayed again until end of Jan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 03:12 PM
 
699 posts, read 436,857 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Acorrding to the witness's statement's (one an off duty deputy, the other a nurse) Reeve's reached for his gun and fired after he told Oulson "I'll teach you for throwing popcorn at me".
You can watch the CCTV footage like I can, watch Oulson's hand, watch Reeves' hand. He definitely went for his gun, as Oluson was invading his space, and by the time he got his gun, pulled it out, raised it, and fired, Oluson had grabbed his popcorn, thrown it, and recoiled back.

This is why witness statements are not really factual when we have camera footage. It's long been known that when events happen in a blink of an eye, people remember what they want to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,209,160 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
True, but I've read how quite a few people describe that he's an azzhole, control freak and sometimes hard to work with.

You gotta admit you've read more than 1 person describe Reeve's character in a negative way. And haven't heard of not one single person describe Oulson in such a way.

I betcha no one never heard Oulson tell his wife to "shut your f***king mouth".
There arent any supervisors in my work history that I could say much good about.

I read Mrs. Reeves depo and she did not testify that Reeves said those words but apparently someone several rows away heard it. Is that the same person who "saw kernels fly" in the dark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 03:34 PM
KPB KPB started this thread
 
1,428 posts, read 912,936 times
Reputation: 1196
Hamilton (the off duty deputy) is who went to Reeve's after the shooting, cleared his gun and stated that Reeve's "sat back in his seat and said I can't believe what I've just done".

Hamilton is also who stated that "Reeve's told his wife "to shut your f***ing mouth".

You can see the deputy give his statement at the end of the YouTube video I posted a few pages back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 03:54 PM
 
699 posts, read 436,857 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Hamilton (the off duty deputy) is who went to Reeve's after the shooting, cleared his gun and stated that Reeve's "sat back in his seat and said I can't believe what I've just done".

Hamilton is also who stated that "Reeve's told his wife "to shut your f***ing mouth".

You can see the deputy give his statement at the end of the YouTube video I posted a few pages back.
I can believe that Reeve was shocked after he pulled the trigger, but that isn't here or there. If a man does something out of fear, that doesn't mean he won't express remorse afterwards.

I put more weight on the CCTV footage than any witness testimony. And I don't like the fact this Oulson thinks he can violently invade Reeve's space over a dispute - a man almost twice his age. What did he think he was going to do, bully an elderly man?

Well he sure got it and then some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 04:04 PM
 
699 posts, read 436,857 times
Reputation: 243
One interesting tidbit - Nicole is suing the movie theatre for civil damages basically on the grounds the manager should have deescalated the situation. In filing the suit - they make an interesting admission - that Chad Oulson's behavior was "erratic and aggressive" and thus warranted any 'reasonable' manager to intervene and deescalate the situation upon Reeves making the complaint to the manager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 04:13 PM
 
4,815 posts, read 3,464,550 times
Reputation: 2856
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
they make an interesting admission - that Chad Oulson's behavior was "erratic and aggressive" and thus warranted any 'reasonable' manager to intervene and deescalate the situation upon Reeves making the complaint to the manager.
Not as a matter of fact, but according to Reeves who reported it to the manager, thus warranted action by the manager since he should have taken Reeves at his word and acted accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 04:18 PM
KPB KPB started this thread
 
1,428 posts, read 912,936 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
I can believe that Reeve was shocked after he pulled the trigger, but that isn't here or there. If a man does something out of fear, that doesn't mean he won't express remorse afterwards.

I put more weight on the CCTV footage than any witness testimony. And I don't like the fact this Oulson thinks he can violently invade Reeve's space over a dispute - a man almost twice his age. What did he think he was going to do, bully an elderly man?

Well he sure got it and then some.
Wasn't there a row of seats between the two. How "violently" can you attack a person w/ a row of seats between the two persons ?

I didn't know the CCTV recorded audio ? If not then your gonna have to go by what the witness's heard and I wouldn't think an off duty deputy would lie on the stand unless they're the one being charged w/ a crime IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top