Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 04:31 AM

23 posts, read 19,759 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I was recently offered a job where I would be working at 800 carillon pkwy in St Petersburg. I would be making somewhere in the low 60's in terms of salary. I am 32 years old, single, with no children. I would like to find a 1 bedroom that is a relatively short commute to work, but also has some fun things to do. I love sports, live music, the beach (obviously), and overall just being active. I could probably afford something around 1k a month but could stretch for the right area/place. Any ideas on certain areas or complexes that may be a good option for me?
Ps: where I'm from (Louisville) there are a lot of recreational leagues for volleyball, softball, etc. does this area have these types of leagues ?
thank you so much for any information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 04:58 AM

29 posts, read 24,895 times
There are a lot of apartmental complexes near Gandy blvd and 4th-9th street. They vary in price, but I'm sure some of them are in your price range.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:21 AM

984 posts, read 2,712,476 times
You could check out The District in Clearwater. Think the 1 bedrooms are close to your budget. We live there and enjoy it quite a bit. The location works well for us. If you do seriously look at it you can PM me any questions.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM

107 posts, read 89,477 times
I would not recommend the bellaire beach area. Unless you like grumpy complaining neighbors. I call it grumpyville. It lies between st Pete and Clearwater.

Old 01-13-2016, 03:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Gulfport.

Beach volleyball is huge here. League play and casual teams on free City courts on the waterfront.

Live music pretty much every night at at many many places.

Nice beach front for walks (not a great beach compared to Gulf beaches, which are only 15 minutes away).

1K here will rent you a small house or a guest house on a larger property.

Per google maps, your commute would be 25 minutes.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:42 PM

85 posts, read 101,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccahoe02 View Post
Hello everyone. I was recently offered a job where I would be working at 800 carillon pkwy in St Petersburg. I would be making somewhere in the low 60's in terms of salary. I am 32 years old, single, with no children. I would like to find a 1 bedroom that is a relatively short commute to work, but also has some fun things to do. I love sports, live music, the beach (obviously), and overall just being active. I could probably afford something around 1k a month but could stretch for the right area/place. Any ideas on certain areas or complexes that may be a good option for me?
Ps: where I'm from (Louisville) there are a lot of recreational leagues for volleyball, softball, etc. does this area have these types of leagues ?
thank you so much for any information

You could look around Northern St Pete Gandy Rd area, a lot going on near the beaches and downtown st pete for your wish list. Remember you rent cheap you get cheap, Try 1300 - 1500 would be a better price to start at.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:02 PM

23 posts, read 19,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunedin View Post
You could look around Northern St Pete Gandy Rd area, a lot going on near the beaches and downtown st pete for your wish list. Remember you rent cheap you get cheap, Try 1300 - 1500 would be a better price to start at.

Thank you steve. I have found a few places north of gandy blvd and just east and west of 4th st. Is that a pretty decent place to live in terms of safety and recreation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay