Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 04:54 PM

21 posts, read 42,112 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone !! Back to the drawing board. We are ready to explore FL sunshine in the Winter months. Have no problem with renting for 4 months but just not sure how to find reasonably priced winter rentals. VRBO seems to average 3,000.00 a month in season ��. We don't keep ocean front condo, just a comfortable place with outside living space. Will appreciate any suggestions !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,784 times
Are you partial to the Gulf Coast? If so, I'd suggest Dunedin or parts of Clearwater. Otherwise, try the east coast. It's a lot nicer over there.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:23 PM

182 posts, read 170,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnab22 View Post
Looking for information about New Port Richey, Fl.
Never. Find somewhere else entirely. There are many nice areas around Tampa Bay. NPR and the surrounding area is not one of them.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:16 AM

146 posts, read 184,985 times
There are many Npr haters here. There are some real nice and safe areas in Npr. It's not as "happening" as other areas but it is generally quieter and less expensive. Bad traffic around 19 but that is 19 anywhere south of crystal river/ spring hill ( depending on season). If u was to pm me with specific Npr areas I may be able to help u target things in. I am not a Realator nor. Do I have any interest or ties withrealestate. I have lived here 4 years now and like it. Different strokes for different folks

Old 01-22-2016, 11:33 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb18 View Post
There are many Npr haters here. There are some real nice and safe areas in Npr. It's not as "happening" as other areas but it is generally quieter and less expensive. Bad traffic around 19 but that is 19 anywhere south of crystal river/ spring hill ( depending on season). If u was to pm me with specific Npr areas I may be able to help u target things in. I am not a Realator nor. Do I have any interest or ties withrealestate. I have lived here 4 years now and like it. Different strokes for different folks
The traffic in and around Spring Hill during snowbird season compared to off season is amazing. More accidents here in snowbird season too.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,685 times
Does anyone have any thoughts on 55+ condos at Gardens of Beacon Square is NPR? Very 'cheap' to buy but with spendy monthly fees. A wise r unwise more to buy there? TIA!

Old 02-18-2016, 12:45 PM

182 posts, read 170,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthego2 View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on 55+ condos at Gardens of Beacon Square is NPR? Very 'cheap' to buy but with spendy monthly fees. A wise r unwise more to buy there? TIA!
Unwise. Nooooooo(cough cough)ooooo thank you. Too close to US19, and it's not called Trouble Creek road for nothing.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
There is a newer condo Towne Square Regency in NPR that looks nice and some nice units in Sea Forrest...

Old 02-18-2016, 01:45 PM

48 posts, read 71,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
NPR is not near any major beaches. It does have million dollar homes west of US Hwy 19. It is not a city with high crime. It is in a congested area of Tampa Bay. NPR is not Naples.

If you want to live in a Naples like city, then Belleair, FL or Belleair Bluffs, Fl is your best choice. Both are in Pinellas County. They are both located a few minutes from the best beach in Tampa Bay, it's called Clearwater Beach.

That's a great area, I been seeing a lot of that lately since living in Largo. Its quiet compared to East Bay I can tell you or many pockets with very little activity. Its like the jewel of this area to me like how Seminole Heights is the jewel of Old Tampa.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:46 PM

48 posts, read 71,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chap View Post
Never. Find somewhere else entirely. There are many nice areas around Tampa Bay. NPR and the surrounding area is not one of them.
Yea I wouldn't go up there to live for quiet or even north of it really. I'd just return to Bradenton area at the end of it all if I felt I had to go somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay