Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 02:58 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
self righteously?
how the hell do you know this without some sort of special powers of having mental telepathy?
What attitude would you call some one traveling in the passing lane holding up other motorists and using the fact that they are doing the speed limit to legitimize their staying in that passing lane?.sounds self righteous to me.,
Quote:
Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person. Self-righteous individuals are often intolerant of the opinions and behaviors of others.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:20 PM

794 posts, read 1,859,943 times
Those signs should say:

"Lead, Follow, or get the hell out of the way!!!"

Old 02-04-2016, 04:33 PM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chap View Post
So lately, the traffic message billboards in the Wesley Chapel area all tout "Slower Traffic Keep Right - It's the Law" (among other things). I, for one, would like to see this actually get enforced. In general, I've found that the left lane in the Tampa area is often times the WORST lane to be in as far as getting bogged down by slow traffic goes.

It would be great to see someone get pulled over for throttling traffic in the left lane. Also, slowpokes, "keep right" means "move ALL THE WAY right", not use the middle lane and continue to meander.

Also, I'm not appreciative of the "patience" some drivers show toward those who are going slow in the left lane. If you're in front of me throttling a city's worth of traffic, I'm flashing my lights at you. Most drivers should, but don't, do that.

And if you get lights flashed at you, it's a universal sign that you need to either speed up or move right. Take it as such. I've seen people get butt hurt and brake-check me when I flash my lights at them. Dude, the flashing lights is not a request to "carouse" with your wife; I (and the ten cars behind me) just want you to take your slow self over to the right lane. Just move over. It's not that serious. And if it's someone going slow in front of you that's the issue, "pass it along" until the slowpoke up front gets the message.

If "keep right" is truly the law, how about enforcing it? Write some tickets and maybe slowpokes will get the message.
When lights get flashed at me depending on my mood, i slow down or take off at WOT and do a 100+mph burst as i am waving bye bye. But i stay in the right lane and drive the limit or a little above. So if someone dares flashes lights at me it is game on.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What attitude would you call some one traveling in the passing lane holding up other motorists and using the fact that they are doing the speed limit to legitimize their staying in that passing lane?.sounds self righteous to me.,
Law abiding if they're maintaining the speed limit. Slower traffic means those going less than the posted speed limit.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Matters not what speed you are going if you arent passing some one get out of the passing lane and move to the right.If you are speeding above what the cops deem reasonable you'll get pulled over for it.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:38 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Law abiding if they're maintaining the speed limit. Slower traffic means those going less than the posted speed limit.
Or not, it appears.

https://wesleychapelcommunity.com/ne...s-for-passing/

Regardless of legality though, if someone is on the interstate or highway and they're blocking faster traffic in the left lane, they're an *******.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:46 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Florida law says you can be fined for driving in the left/passing lane unless your passing but its never enforced.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:47 PM

698 posts, read 959,543 times
And I thought slow moving traffic in the left lane was a problem up north, geessh. FL wins the prize on this one!

Old 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGal View Post
And I thought slow moving traffic in the left lane was a problem up north, geessh. FL wins the prize on this one!
It's far worse here, and I'm from Nebraska/Iowa where the joke was that Iowa stood for "Idiot Out Wandering Around"...

Old 02-04-2016, 07:10 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
wished they'd enforce the speeding laws and tailgating laws first.....people are going 80-90s out there on 275 weaving in and out of traffic just to pick up a car length......very dangerous..much more dangerous than someone going the limit in any lane other than the righthand lane.
I wouldn't have to be weaving in and out of traffic and tailgating if people would move the hell over instead of going 20 below the speed limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay