Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 04:34 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

That is all west Pasco is. Mid nite mover after mover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 07:11 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,377,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kscott727 View Post
I sold my home with me being the mortgage holder.in our contract it states she is to maintaince the property and dwelling...now pasco code inforcer wrote her a citation gave her 2 mths to clean the property up..now his 3rd visit to check and she has not comply to county code...and our contract states i can evict her giving 30 days ...how can i legally evict or do i have reason too? Ill be responsible for all fees and cleanup if she doesnot comply...the place is still in my name...please if anyone knows what i can legally do please reply
You should check with the real estate attorney you used to draw up the original contract...of course, you *did* use a real estate attorney when you wrote the contract, of course?

And I don't believe you can evict someone in Florida in 30 days. Better lawyer up fast - tenants have better rights than owners in Florida from what I've seen.

RM

Old 10-31-2017, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 600 times
Is it true that an attorney can take the eviction from a state court and put it in federal Cort to extend the tenants stay longer? I've seen ads online and don't know if it's true.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTarpon View Post
Is it true that an attorney can take the eviction from a state court and put it in federal Cort to extend the tenants stay longer? I've seen ads online and don't know if it's true.
I'm not an attorney, but I have a hard time understanding how a Federal court would have jurisdiction over a civil matter like this. Sounds bogus to me unless you were trying to twist it into a civil rights case or something like that.

RM

Old 11-01-2017, 08:35 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTarpon View Post
Yes, they can remove the claim to the Federal courts on a couple different grounds (usually ADA/FHA claims) and then it will be up to the Federal Court to accept or remand the case back to the state court.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Yes, they can remove the claim to the Federal courts on a couple different grounds (usually ADA/FHA claims) and then it will be up to the Federal Court to accept or remand the case back to the state court.
That makes sense. Interesting.

Another "shuck and jive" option for deadbeats.

RM

Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Y- tenants have better rights than owners in Florida from what I've seen.

RM
nope.. florida is a landlord friendly state....

8 States Where Rental Laws Favor Landlords - RentersInsurance.com

Old 11-03-2017, 07:21 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
nope.. florida is a landlord friendly state....

8 States Where Rental Laws Favor Landlords - RentersInsurance.com
I'd disagree. Florida is somewhat more favorable to tenants, but it is not on the same level as California and some other states.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I'd disagree. Florida is somewhat more favorable to tenants, but it is not on the same level as California and some other states.
My direct experience with renters has convinced me that Florida favors them - to a point. If you're up to the point of eviction and you've dotted all your Is and crossed all your Ts then the favor definitely shifts to the lessor.

I will say that courts in both Hillsborough and Pasco don't mess around or give the lessees any breaks if they haven't performed. They're out in a heartbeat if it gets that far from my experience.

RM

Old 11-06-2017, 03:08 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
You should check with the real estate attorney you used to draw up the original contract...of course, you *did* use a real estate attorney when you wrote the contract, of course?

And I don't believe you can evict someone in Florida in 30 days. Better lawyer up fast - tenants have better rights than owners in Florida from what I've seen.

RM
Pasco County eviction in 21 days was the fastest we did. Pasco County is pretty fast in the Courts.

Btw we don't believe Judges over here favor tenants or landlords. Just who has the evidence and we always had the evidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay