Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:33 PM

769 posts, read 2,232,291 times

Advertisements

Steve Irwin? Is that you? Have you come back to life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 11:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
http://wwwAlligator (broken link) Eats Teen's Arm During Late-Night Swim.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370763,00.html

I live here for several years and never experienced a bad issue with a gator but have seen pictures from home owners at HOA meetings about gators at their backdoor. They requested a fence.
I'm a foreigner and know about that it isn't allowed to feed the gators so IMO locals should know for sure. The stupid guy in this article has only to blame himself for under age drinking and acting so irrisponsible....I lived on a golf course for a while and saw many gators early in the morning or later in the day laying near the ponds on the grass...did we go and pet them...NO ofcouse not!!! People just need to use their common sense and their brains...to bad this guy didn't and has to live with the result...I do hope the gator want be killed over this because it isn't the gators fault...their brain is so small and he got this guy as food.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:33 AM

79 posts, read 277,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
lmao you've got to be kidding. They're not a big issue when you live 20 feet from the pond? That's a dangerous attitude to have and one that results in pets being attacked. Sorry but every fresh water area here in Pinellas has plenty of signs posted for people to expect and beware of gators... because they are everywhere and they eat things, like a dog, child, adults who happen to get close to them by the water. Sorry to be so blunt but, they are an issue, especially when you live on the shoreline. Last thing you want to do is be cavalier about getting near the water!

Another dog grabbed this week:
MyFox Tampa Bay | Gator attacks dog (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6807567&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1 - broken link)

Well my worries are over on the pond house. We went to look after at the house where our bid was accepted. While the house is absolutely beautiful, the pond was just too close for my comfort zone. We have now bid on a beautiful home that backs up to a wooded conservation area. It has gorgeous oak trees with Spanish moss hanging from the limbs. It's got a nice pool with a lanai, so there's my water view.

As for a fense, we'll probably get a small running area for my Chihuahua, but he'll never be a dog that roams freely in the yard.

Take care, Joy

Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I have 2 dogs and except for Paw beach in St. Pete, I never let them without a leash...
I owe a home on conservation without a pond but you have to be careful for snakes, most are not poiseness but still I rather not see them. I had one in my garage and was scared to get my son out of the car... I found out that it was a corn snake and harmless but that yellow color and the size....I just don't like to see them other than in a zoo.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:47 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajoy88 View Post
Well my worries are over on the pond house. We went to look after at the house where our bid was accepted. While the house is absolutely beautiful, the pond was just too close for my comfort zone. We have now bid on a beautiful home that backs up to a wooded conservation area. It has gorgeous oak trees with Spanish moss hanging from the limbs. It's got a nice pool with a lanai, so there's my water view.

As for a fense, we'll probably get a small running area for my Chihuahua, but he'll never be a dog that roams freely in the yard.

Take care, Joy
That sounds like a wonderful place! Good luck! I hope you get it && fingers crossed for ya A good friend has a home just like that and it's soooo nice to be in their backyard. So many songbirds!

Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,208 times
that is very very dissapointing to hear and sad and i love doggyies so much and i couldnt imagine if my dog died i would be crush and depressed!!!!!!!! so so so sad make me wanna cry and sob!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2018, 10:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,440 times
If you live anywhere in fl , you will see rattle snakes and gators. You are bate, May through Aug. If they see you and you don't see them, Your bate. Gators have No Fear. Just like fl. Black bears. There everywhere. They just like gators can and do climb. Trees, fences, and second story homes. Your not safe living in fl unless you stay aware of your surroundings. Research all of the above on line. Fl. Is a great place to live otherwise.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,440 times
Don't take your dog to the pond or lake.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:51 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Never seen a snatchmagator in my hood. They sure are not everywhere clare.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:00 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby1959 View Post
If you live anywhere in fl , you will see rattle snakes and gators. You are bate, May through Aug. If they see you and you don't see them, Your bate. Gators have No Fear. Just like fl. Black bears. There everywhere. They just like gators can and do climb. Trees, fences, and second story homes. Your not safe living in fl unless you stay aware of your surroundings. Research all of the above on line. Fl. Is a great place to live otherwise.
Methinks "Bobby" needs to work a bit on his grammar and diction. Or should we give him a "brake"?

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay