Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 09:01 PM

4 posts, read 3,010 times

Advertisements

Alright I know there are a million threads on here about "oh moving to Tampa someone help" well I am going to make another one. So I am currently living in Pennsylvania and have multiple job offers in the Tampa area, just for the record I am a truck driver so I move around. All I am looking for is a decent apartment and a safe area to live in. I am single and 24 so not really looking for an elderly community and would like to eventually meet someone who is around my age. I have looked around a lot and heard clearwater was great but then a second later someone else said its got terrible crime. Just looking for some honest opinions. Lastly I would rather not live downtown(not a big crowd kinda person) bars are not a high requirement on my list. Would appreciate and feedback anyone could give me.

Thanks
Airborne All the way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 05:47 AM

29 posts, read 24,885 times
I live in St. Pete, which is close to Clearwater. There is crime, but that is typical for any larger city. Crime is by no means out of control. You just need to know which neighborhoods to live in. There are good ones and bad. Hope this helps!

Old 03-06-2016, 06:09 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Thanks for your service Airborne. Couldn't ever get me to jump out of a plane.

I'd want to know where your jobs are located to give you a suggestion. Most likely Brandon has a lot of different apartments near access to the Selmon Expressway, I-75, I-275, I-4 to get to other parts of the area. Causeway, Falkenberg gets you downtown within 20 mins or less.

What hobbies are other stuff do you like to do. If you're a beach person, then Clearwater or Westshore area (Kennedy)....

Old 03-06-2016, 09:19 AM

The only hobby I really have anymore is mostly just riding my Harley around, or going to a gun range. Due to my former work schedule I was gone for long periods of time so couldn't really do that much. I don't have to be up on the beach its honestly not a must for me. My jobs are honestly all over the place some being by hyde park, another in east tampa, some near plant city(heard to stay away from there a lot). I understand that some places are gonna have more crime then others that's a given, I am all to well aware of how to defend myself. Honestly I just want a decently safe area with apartments that wont break my wallet and a decent amount of young people around my age.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:20 AM

I stand by my suggestion Causeway/US 301/Falkenburg. There's a Harley Dealership near there (SR 60) and an indoor range.

https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/tampa/

Harley-Davidson® of Brandon | Selling new and preowned Harley-Davidson® motorcycles in Brandon, FL | Parts and services available | Proudly serving our neighbors in Panama City Beach and Marianna

Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM

Ill definitely have to check the area out since ill be heading down to tampa this week to meet some of my possible employers. However some of my better offers are in the northwest area of tampa, any suggestions around there?

Old 03-06-2016, 12:46 PM

can't help you there - don't get up there much.....pretty much everywhere North Dale Mabry.....I'd look for major arteries/interstate/expressways to allow you to get around town quicker.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:08 PM

554 posts, read 976,943 times
can't really help you with where to live, I am in DTSP and love it. Great biker scene here in the bay area. a few large bike nights, multiple military oriented MCs and a lot of bike events. Seems most of the events / bike nights etc are in Pinellas.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:34 PM

Alright so its been a few days and I have narrowed it down mostly, I will most likely be accepting a job in Lakeland, I believe it is in the southern part of the area not exactly sure on its location just yet(still have to go see my truck and all at the terminal). Would living in Lakeland be better or would commuting from Brandon work in my case? I am more concerned now about apartment prices and the amount of young people around. Any feedback would be appreciated since I have a week and a half to find a place to go.

Old 03-11-2016, 06:23 PM

I'd not like to make the I-4 commute if it were me, but I'm an old dude so being around young people and bars isn't my gig. But there are some rough areas of Lakeland, so if you do move there, gotta be pretty selective and do some research.

I do believe the traffic on the I-4 stretch can be bad.

You might also consider Plant City or east of Lakeland toward Orlando. I wouldn't get to far because I-4 can get bogged down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay