Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:39 AM

8 posts, read 25,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLACOP View Post
You're moving to St Pete in June 2008 & you have children...all I ask is "WHY"?

If you HAVE to live in the St Pete area here's areas to consider:
Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Oldsmar, Tierra Verde, or St Pete Beach.

If you HAVE to live in St Pete city limits do your family this favor:
Nothing south of 54 Av N, no apt/condo complexes...if you must rent, rent a single family home. Stay away from 34 St at all costs. Also avoid the Old Northeast.

West of Tyrone Mall isn't too bad, Shore Acres can be okay, as can Snell Isle.
Almost all of St. Pete is south of 54th Ave. N. I've lived here for 13 years and really like it. It is a city, though, and if you don't like cities, you won't like this one either, I guess.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 AM

8 posts, read 25,483 times
You can get reasonably priced houses in the Tyrone area now - try zip 33710. A small fixer upper is going under 100K, sometimes signficantly under $100K.

Cindy

Old 07-26-2008, 12:08 AM

13 posts, read 64,185 times
If you HAVE to live in St Pete city limits do your family this favor:
Nothing south of 54 Av N, no apt/condo complexes...if you must rent, rent a single family home. Stay away from 34 St at all costs. Also avoid the Old Northeast.

WHAT?? The person who posted this comment about The Old Northeast is crazy! The Old Northeast is one of the most desirable areas in all of Tampa Bay not just St Pete.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 24,728 times
I am going to be moving from Ft Myers, FL to St Pete in October 2010. I am a single mother with 3-year-old twins. I am moving to St Pete because my son has autism and there is a school out there that has a good program for him.

I need to live as far South as possible, and close to 275 w/o being in "Da hood" because, I will be working in Sarasota. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-22-2010, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 6,011 times
We relocated, by choice, to St. Pete from PA about 6 years ago, looking for an easier way of life and more sunshine. Fast forward 6 years, and we are scrambling to get out of here. There are many things I adore about St. Pete, and it was wonderful while my kids were preschoolers, but now that they are all in school, things have changed. It is nearly impossible to find a nice neighborhood where all the kids go to the same school. As long as you are prepared for that scenario, then you will love this area. Old Northeast is beautiful, but most of my friends who live (actually, ALL of them!) send their kids to private schools or drive way south to the magnet and fundamental schools. Neighborhood schools leave something to be desired.

Do your research on schools and let that be a deciding factor. We overlooked it when we moved here and were very sorry in the end.

Euclid/St. Paul neighborhood is a place to look. St. Paul's Catholic school is very good. It has that "Old NE feeling" about it, but I think the houses are more affordable. Also, Crescent Lake and Heights are nice areas.

It's a family friendly city, with possibly the best parks and rec programs I have ever used. It's just that the schools are a mess. I wish I had the $ to put three kids through Canterbury at $15,000 a kid, but we don't...so we are relocating at the end of the summer.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay