U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 1,691 times

Advertisements

I purchased a home in Holiday in 2015. Snowbird here. Im fixing the house. I noticed an improvent in the area off Moog road into Pinehurst drive.Is the Association or new residents trying to fix the area or is it still full of crackheads? Anyone know what the future brings here? Should I keep or sell? The house looks nice but I noticed a few sketchy spots off the highway still....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 02:03 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
2,080 posts, read 2,323,477 times
Why don't you post in another Holiday thread and see if you get a response?

Holiday is not going to improve anytime in the near future. While property values have risen slightly, the demographic is such that so many properties are rentals it's unlikely to ever return to a decent place to live.

RM

Old 03-21-2016, 02:14 PM

6,100 posts, read 5,366,407 times
I think the only hope for Holiday would be to bulldoze it and start allover...

Old 03-22-2016, 04:28 AM

133 posts, read 96,319 times
I know someone who lives in beacon square and loves it. I also know someone in Holiday Lake and says it's sketchy but she hasn't had any problems personally.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:36 PM

6,223 posts, read 5,175,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I agree or a CAT5 storm wash it all away. Most homes are rented and than means drugs and trash 9 out of 10 homes.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:57 PM

20 posts, read 11,031 times
is this why property on zillow "look" reasonable in comparison to nokomis/sarasota area? we also are looking for snowbird opps and holiday didn't look too bad on their search... good to know if its an undesireable area.
do you have recommendations for an area that's safe, within 1 hour to gulf. single family home with one stall garage. not in a community or +55 park? we're not tied to one place yet. have visited venice area and melbourne area . i like the gulf side best. venice kind of expensive, unless we go out to northport area.
not looking to spend over $60G on snowbird home. we are capable of fixing up but i don't want a dump.
thank you, linda y- upstate NY

Old 08-10-2016, 06:19 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
2,080 posts, read 2,323,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYOUNG47 View Post
is this why property on zillow "look" reasonable in comparison to nokomis/sarasota area? we also are looking for snowbird opps and holiday didn't look too bad on their search... good to know if its an undesireable area.
do you have recommendations for an area that's safe, within 1 hour to gulf. single family home with one stall garage. not in a community or +55 park? we're not tied to one place yet. have visited venice area and melbourne area . i like the gulf side best. venice kind of expensive, unless we go out to northport area.
not looking to spend over $60G on snowbird home. we are capable of fixing up but i don't want a dump.
thank you, linda y- upstate NY
You'll find plenty of sub-$60k homes in Holiday, but your neighbors will be people of questionable means and backgrounds in many cases, not to mention renters as well.

It's also a veritable hotbed of sinkholes of late, just another reason to avoid it.

RM

Old 08-10-2016, 06:40 PM

6,223 posts, read 5,175,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
You'll find plenty of sub-$60k homes in Holiday, but your neighbors will be people of questionable means and backgrounds in many cases, not to mention renters as well.

It's also a veritable hotbed of sinkholes of late, just another reason to avoid it.

RM
Enjoy paying 10k a year for flood ins to insure these 40k shoeboxes west of US19.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:03 AM

6 posts, read 1,691 times
Well I managed to fix up the property . Its on Pinehurst Drive. Might sell it next year. Unsure. Its a shame about Holiday . I'm out of the flood zone too. I get emails from the BEACON SQUARE ASSOCIATION weekly and the Director tries so hard to bring the area back to its days or glory. Its unfortunate a lot of the homes are section 8 but that leaves guaranteed rent money to an owner . I noticed a big owner in the area is the people that own the CRYSTAL INN.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:45 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,684,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I was just saying this to my Dad the other day. In all reality, just about everything needs to be removed....so it can be rebuilt to higher standards. The price point needs to be much higher, to help keep out the unwanted. They cannot get there with the housing stock the way it currently is.

The Rules ~ Infractions & Deletions ~ Who's the moderator? ~ FAQ ~ Personal Attacks ~ Trolling ~ Copyrighted Material
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay