Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 12:10 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I got burglarized many years ago (like 25) when I was living in New England. Daytime, while everyone was at work/school. The perpetrators traumatized our poor small dog, urinated on my bed (yes, really), and of course tore the house to shreds while in the process of stealing most things of value.

I never felt that violated in my life.
In our case it happened at night and none of my family members woke up. We discovered a stolen antique clock the next day and according to the cops it is a burglary after the thief already knows the clock is sold right away.

We lived in a 3 story home and we were on the 2nd floor and didn't hear a thing. The neighbor to the back had woken up as the thief went through his yard and only because his dog started to bark loudly.

It is worse if the whole house is torn apart... we were lucky that didn't happen but the same feeling of being violated and IF they will come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 03:03 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,824,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
sounds like they made it personal.....you think you knew them?
No, ironically I was only living there a short time when it happened. Hardly knew anyone. It was a house on a secluded cul-de-sac on a wooded lot. Couldn't see any neighboring houses because everyone had a wooded lot. After it happened, some neighbors did quite a bit of lot-clearing.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:33 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz-Lover View Post
Males caught on camera canvassing homes and looking into windows, in Lutz, Florida, in the early-morning hours.

Neighbors also noted their dogs sensing activity, within the same timeframe where the 4 males were caught on camera.

Pasco County Sheriff's office are aware and tracking.

News coverage from ABC Action News and related surveillance imagery:
Dropbox (no login required - Dismiss dropbox sign-up prompt

Alert posted on the Lutz community's homepage:
Oak Grove - Announcements - Video of Attempted Break In 11/13/15
TY so much for the update. I have two pit bulls and I have a 40 and 45 next to me. Like one of the other posters said they will eventually pick the wrong house. I live in Lutz Pasco and if they happen to come here I guarantee it will be the wrong house. Thanks again for the heads up!!!

Old 03-28-2016, 01:30 PM

They usually look for the house with the least protection. Of course in Europe only criminals have guns so it was thieves easier to choose a home and get away unharmed but over here there is more of a gamble that some with no brains will still take. Usually they are so under the influence that common sense is not something they have.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:57 PM

794 posts, read 1,860,786 times
I have video surveillance on all corners of my house. In December 2015, I was up at 1:00am watching TV on a Sat night when I saw on the monitor on our front door camera, a woman with white hair in her night gown walking her dog walk up to our front door and start walking away with a planter full of Poinsettia plants!!! I walked out the front door and caught her red handed, she dropped the planter and started walking away. She must have been in her mid-70's. If she had stopped by during the daytime and stopped to chat and admire the plants, I probably would have given them to her.

Crime is not exclusive to young punks. Apparently she didn't notice the cameras!

Old 03-29-2016, 05:02 AM

Cameras are great. That's why we fired our pool service as they were just standing at the side of the pool txting and briefly brushing the sides. Opening the skimmer and every week leaving the lid off like a statement showing they were there aside from leaving the note stating the work that was performed.
Prior to getting rid of them we complained about the short time frame they spend to clean our oversized pool and the owner stated the GPS showed he was there for 7 or 8 min...I guess txting next to pool is what they wanted to have us pay for.
We only started to check the cameras when we noticed the pool water not being as it suppose to be and cameras are paying of and not just for theft or burglary although not performing the job is a way of theft too.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:18 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Cameras are great. That's why we fired our pool service as they were just standing at the side of the pool txting and briefly brushing the sides. Opening the skimmer and every week leaving the lid off like a statement showing they were there aside from leaving the note stating the work that was performed.
Prior to getting rid of them we complained about the short time frame they spend to clean our oversized pool and the owner stated the GPS showed he was there for 7 or 8 min...I guess txting next to pool is what they wanted to have us pay for.
We only started to check the cameras when we noticed the pool water not being as it suppose to be and cameras are paying of and not just for theft or burglary although not performing the job is a way of theft too.
It's the same when ya pay a comp to spray your yard. They just drive up and sit or use water.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It's the same when ya pay a comp to spray your yard. They just drive up and sit or use water.
Sadly it doesn't even take a camera to get a company to conduct honest service. In the end we are saving a lot of money on pool service and we quickly learned how to do it ourselves great advise from Pinch A Penny. They couldn't have more customers as they are so booked but we now have a clean pool and just so other pool owners know...we learned that often our solar panels were turned off and other items as well and according to Pinch A Penny the pool service will turn it off so it saves the pool service on adding chemicals so they last longer.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 3,040 times
Post ABC Actions News coverage - Oak Grove, Lutz, FL crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
love the timely notifications
After personally discovering this story, it was posted here for wider publicity.

Here are the various links to the story:

ABC Action News story which aired live:
Prowling, peeping teens concern Lutz residents - Story - ABC Action News Tampa Bay - WFTS-TV

Dropbox of security camera stillshots, etc:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p216jnt7f...sUpOvJPxa?dl=0

A direct link to the ABC Actions News video (MP4) :
http://media2.abcactionnews.com/vide...79581_1200.mp4

A reminder to the perps who ran away in time not to experience Florida's Castle Doctrine:
Florida Castle Doctrine

Oak Grove HOA site (link to this event is on their homepage as of April 2016, as they have an active community of crime watchers):
http://www.OakGroveHOA.com

Thanks

Last edited by Lutz-Lover; 04-09-2016 at 12:41 AM..

Old 04-09-2016, 12:34 AM

3 posts, read 3,040 times
Unhappy Wendy Ryan without makeup

On a related note, the news anchor in this post's ABC Action News story is the lovely Wendy Ryan.

Recently, she took ill. We sincerely wish her well. The video below shows the news anchor WITHOUT any makeup.

As for me, I’ll NEVER recover from seeing her without makeup. The true miracle of this story is apparently her makeup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9riVir_e5c4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay