Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 01:23 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
The appears to be a combination of many factors not withstanding baby boomers of course numbering millions are impacting the population
People are living longer via improved healthcare and technology. For the last 20 years nearly an avg of 1million (yearly)abortions eliminating 18-20 million soon to be 20 year olds. Additionally, many less yet factored in such as overdose, suicide deaths, homicides and accidental deaths
of youth eliminating them in society. The last but horrible stat is the lost soldiers in various armed forces who died in Nam , Iraq and Afganistan
both young men and women who could have impacted a potential births now missing in todays population. Unfortunately, there will not be enough youthful taxpayers in the future to support entitlements received by an overwhelming aging population or ability to downsize the national
debt.
I dont know I think it depends on the industry, in my field yes when I started on my company I was on my late twenties everyone was mid forties and up, coming from NYC where you change jobs every 3 or 4 years, I found most people here never left their jobs, even people that were downsized in the late 2000's came back on board after a year or two I found that mind boggling, but we do hire some IT subcontractors when our engineering dept is too busy, and those kids get younger and younger the last dude we got I thought he was in high school it can also be that now in my late thirties everyone looks younger to me.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:52 AM

26 posts, read 28,605 times
OP - I am in the exact same boat you're in, except I work from home and I live in New Tampa. I've never seen more blue-hairs in my life. I joined a couple meetup groups and whatnot but man it is truly hard to meet young folks here.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:42 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHateMe1 View Post
I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Are there more older people living in Tampa than younger working adults in their 20's and early 30's? At the couple of professional jobs I've worked, I'm typically the only one under 30 and it makes it challenging at times to "fit in". I'm working with people in their late 30's and up to 65 married with kids. Obviously I was hired to do a job which I do but where's the young folk at?
I would have thought that the "data" on city data would give you a very clear and correct set of information to answer your question.

Just search this actual site and then search where you are and compare the two.

I did not intend that to be rude, but frankly this site was designed to answer questions about pop, income , etc...

Old 04-22-2016, 05:53 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
There is a lot of hatred, biases toward the elderly on this subforum. Had I substituted a race instead of "blue hairs", I'm sure that I'd be chastized, suspended, banned. But slamming the elderly on here seems like a popular thing to do.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
There is a lot of hatred, biases toward the elderly on this subforum. Had I substituted a race instead of "blue hairs", I'm sure that I'd be chastized, suspended, banned. But slamming the elderly on here seems like a popular thing to do.
You are so right, and it is in every forum here. Those who have some bias against seniors and/or retirees should just not even CONSIDER moving anywhere in Florida. We don't welcome that type of discrimination. There are 49 other states they can take their snotty selves.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Some City Data Data=
http://www.city-data.com/city/Tampa-Florida.html.
Some stats a bit out of date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: