Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:44 PM

10 posts, read 23,256 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give their opinions on the quality/safety on living in Apollo Beach with kids? We are eye-balling a few rental properties there, but aren't familiar with the area.
Is it a "bad area" with lots of crime?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 06:25 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,312,397 times
Did you happen to search any of the previous threads about AB?

Old 04-25-2016, 07:24 PM

10 posts, read 23,256 times
Yessir I did. Not here trying to annoy anyone....
Most replies are old and things change. Was just looking for something current.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,312,397 times
I pass through Apollo Beach all the time. There's not much there. I'm not sure what the kids are doing and whether the school are any good. There are a few posters here who can tell you more. I'm not aware of a large amount of crime coming from the area.

Hillsborough County crime data | Tampa Bay Times

Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office - News Releases

There are a couple of high end, gated communities that are very nice places to live. The non-gated communities are hit or miss. No HOA means you could get a neighbor who is a PITA. I guess that could be the case in most communities though. One could do a lot worse than Apollo Beach. It also depends on where your work is located and how far your commute would be.

Last edited by BucFan; 04-26-2016 at 03:19 AM..

Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 AM

167 posts, read 164,255 times
Its ok, far away from things but nice and quiet especially on the south peninsula. Good for retirement people.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:00 PM

3 posts, read 2,974 times
I am planning to buy a home in the new Waterset community in AB. It has a wonderful community feel with walking trails, lakes, pools, fitness centers and a small cafe. The builders range from starter homes to semi custom. I don't have children in school, but there is a new charter school opening this August (2017), for k-8th graders. I am from California and lived in South Tampa for two years, prior to deciding on AB. It is 20 mins to downtown Tampa and close to shopping in Brandon.

We looked at Mira Bay and many of the beautiful canal homes near the newly reopened AB preserve. There is a nice bay beach there that wasn't open when the older reviews were written. I would say visit an area and get a feel for it. Listening to others opinions is fine, but for a decision as serious as this one, I would take the advice and file it away, and see how it compares to your experiences during your visit.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:58 PM

5,944 posts, read 7,291,577 times
If you are getting to downtown Tampa from Apollo Beach in 20 minutes you're flying or breaking the law. It's not possible, even in the lightest traffic.

Just don't want anyone reading this thread to be misled.

RM

Old 07-07-2017, 01:06 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,992,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeeta View Post
It is 20 mins to downtown Tampa
I would love to see someone get from the heart of Brandon to Downtown Tampa in 20 minutes during peak hours, much less Apollo Beach.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:55 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,569,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I would love to see someone get from the heart of Brandon to Downtown Tampa in 20 minutes during peak hours, much less Apollo Beach.
Agree. That's why some of us took driving and a growing community in consideration before buying a house.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:58 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,228,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
If you are getting to downtown Tampa from Apollo Beach in 20 minutes you're flying or breaking the law. It's not possible, even in the lightest traffic.

Just don't want anyone reading this thread to be misled.

RM
From Yeeta's message he/she mentions buying a house in Waterset so I think they are basing their travel times from there. They didn't mention rush hour or not. Looking at Google Maps it shows that from Waterset to Tampa City Hall it would take 22 minutes right now, so the 20 min rough estimate is not too far off. All bets are off for rush hour, but Google Maps estimates that morning rush would be 22-35 min (7AM departure).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay