Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 01:48 AM

28 posts, read 32,762 times

Advertisements

I have 2 odd questions for ya.

1. Can anyone share how much they pay for motorcycle insurance?

2. Can anyone that has a humidity gauge inSIDE their house tell me what the humidity is this time of year? We are moving to Florida FOR the humidity (medical issue with my eye) and I want to see how much humidity that air conditioners suck out of the air inside. Also what temp do you set your ac at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 02:23 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,256,945 times
Usually the local weather report will give you daily humidity numbers.
People tend to set their thermostats to whatever temperature they feel comfortable with, my Dad for example likes to set the thermostat to 80 degrees while i prefer 65 degrees,how much humidity does a normal A/C unit take out of the air? Much reading resources available=
https://www.google.ca/#q=how+much+hu...itioner+remove
Seems a major move to sell up and move everything to Florida just for the humidity,have you tried a humidifier or two in current local?
As for Florida motorcycle insurance? its all over the place and depends on type of bike,past driving history and medical criteria, best bet would be to talk with insurance agents to derive the best coverage for your particular situation.=
https://www.google.ca/#q=motorcycle+insurance+florida

Old 05-28-2016, 04:14 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,898,576 times
We set the a/c daytime to 79. Our inside humidity is running in the upper 30s to low 40s. However, it's been relatively dry outside as well, with our outdoor humidity running in the 40s in the daytime this past week. Higher humidity due here soon.

We didn't bring our motorcycles to FL but when we had them in AZ we got a good deal with Progressive (we had our auto with them, too).

Old 05-28-2016, 06:00 AM

676 posts, read 1,270,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8rgator View Post
I have 2 odd questions for ya.

1. Can anyone share how much they pay for motorcycle insurance?

2. Can anyone that has a humidity gauge inSIDE their house tell me what the humidity is this time of year? We are moving to Florida FOR the humidity (medical issue with my eye) and I want to see how much humidity that air conditioners suck out of the air inside. Also what temp do you set your ac at?
Our house is about 60% this time of year. We keep our programmable thermostat at 76 degrees during the day and 74 degrees at night.

I regulate my garage where I keep the cars to 40-45% with a humidifier. That is what I recommend for your bike.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:14 AM

554 posts, read 976,722 times
I pay about $55 a month full coverage (300k/100k) Stacked for a 2013 Triumph Tbird. Clean driving record.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:12 AM

28 posts, read 32,762 times
Thanks all comma very helpful. We do have humidifiers everywhere, like 6 of them. One is hooked up to my refrigerator line so it runs full blast 24/7. It creates a lot of mold, but not a whole lot of comfort. Even with those in winter I topped out at about 32% on average

Old 05-30-2016, 07:47 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,336,150 times
Air conditioners are designed to pull water out of the air. It's part of the process. Air with less water is much easier to cool and also much more comfortable.

Florida will give you the humidity you desire outdoors. However, if you bring your humidity levels too high, you will potentially introduce mold into the home. 55% Relative Humidity is about as high as you'll want to go.

You might be better off with a less humid outdoor environment and during cooler seasons just add a humidifier. But again, you'll need to closely monitor relative humidity.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:15 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,898,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Air conditioners are designed to pull water out of the air. It's part of the process. Air with less water is much easier to cool and also much more comfortable.

Florida will give you the humidity you desire outdoors. However, if you bring your humidity levels too high, you will potentially introduce mold into the home. 55% Relative Humidity is about as high as you'll want to go.

You might be better off with a less humid outdoor environment and during cooler seasons just add a humidifier. But again, you'll need to closely monitor relative humidity.
Yes, too high humidity indoors and you will get mold. It can become toxic and very expensive to remove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay