U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 11,954 times

Advertisements

We are a retired couple and are thinking about relocating to Port Richey, Fl. from Miami. Trying to get away from traffic and high price property. We are not boaters, but like to go to the beach now and then. Would like a quiet area, maybe a 55+. Cannot afford anything over $140K. Any advice?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 11:54 AM

924 posts, read 2,557,574 times
Pasco County is growing like crazy, huge neighborhoods with thousands of houses being built. My retired mother lives in Trinty, New Port Richey, in a 55 plus community. Could be a good choice but traffic is crazy.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 15,296,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisca54 View Post
We are a retired couple and are thinking about relocating to Port Richey, Fl. from Miami. Trying to get away from traffic and high price property. We are not boaters, but like to go to the beach now and then. Would like a quiet area, maybe a 55+. Cannot afford anything over $140K. Any advice?
To avoid the traffic and be within your price range look at Citrus County. Lecanto, Beverly Hills, Inverness.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:31 PM

25,884 posts, read 16,926,436 times
Tons of homes under 50k in Portrichey. But the traffic is bad and lots of drugs and crime.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:32 PM

1,464 posts, read 2,914,054 times
I think you will find a lot of the traffic that folks consider here busy, a lot less frantic than the Miami Dade area
There are lots of pockets of places you can find quiet - if you want to be near the beaches, you need to be farther south, though there are little bits of beach around Hudson and north Pinellas. Sun City Centre, south of Tampa in Hillsborough county is a planned over 55 community, nice and quite organized there - lots of amenities nearby and there is a kind of manmade beach nearby, or Bradenton Beach is about 40 mins south of there. Otherwise there are lots of planned 55+ communities all over Pinellas County, busier roads, but lots of local amenities that save you having to drive too far for every day things and entertainment. Plus we have over 26 miles of gorgeous beaches to choose from, most of which are only a few minutes from many communities. Good luck with your searching.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
Pasco County is growing like crazy, huge neighborhoods with thousands of houses being built. My retired mother lives in Trinty, New Port Richey, in a 55 plus community. Could be a good choice but traffic is crazy.
Thanks but we are just trying to get away from crazy traffic. we will check it out!

Old 06-19-2016, 04:37 PM

Thank you! I'll Check it out!

Old 06-19-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Tons of homes under 50k in Portrichey. But the traffic is bad and lots of drugs and crime.
in a population of 3K its hard to believe there are lots of drugs and crime!!!

Old 06-19-2016, 04:52 PM

25,884 posts, read 16,926,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisca54 View Post
in a population of 3K its hard to believe there are lots of drugs and crime!!!
Better do some searching on here dear. Most of the homes around US19 are rundown small 2bedroom homes selling for around 30 to 50k and most of the homes are rented out to trash. Plenty of drug crimes from Hoilday to Hudson.

Way more that 3k people in the area i have lived here since 2004 and seen my home drop in price 140k from the peak in 05. I have seen drunks and drugged out people laying in the street in front of my house, i have seem the same homes rented out 5 to 10 times to druggies that live there for a month to a few months and trash the place over and over and the landlords don't care. I have seen fights in front of my yard and kids ages 5 to 8 running around at 2 am in the morning due to drunk or drugged out parnets that don't care.

That is just the start of what it is like in west Pasco.

Better darn well wake up and study up before making a mistake like i did when i was flipping homes back in 2001 to 06.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:00 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,443,108 times
I own at Sunnybrook. NO crimes I am aware of in the past three years, fully gated, great reserve fund, low condo fees. Here are some listings. Ignore the one for $100K, it is way overpriced. The rest are in line with current values.

34653 Condos & Apartments For Sale - 7 Listings | Zillow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay