U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:29 AM

25,242 posts, read 37,166,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1122 View Post
Ok ,so can anyone point me to who/where they do 7 month leases, I think that would suit us perfectly. Give us enough time to learn the area, then close and move into our own home.
I have mine also on smarthomerentals.com
and ephizz.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 AM

89 posts, read 307,215 times
Hi, My daughter just had a 7 month lease at Seven Oaks. She's a teacher in Wesley Chapel. Maybe you could find something there? Best of luck!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:09 AM

5 posts, read 14,562 times
New River Township (off of 54 in Wesley Chapel) is a great family communinity with moderately priced homes. No CDD. Brand new elementary school just opened. Nice and quiet community. Family oriented.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 AM

5 posts, read 14,562 times
Smile Great Wesley Chapel Community

New River Township is a great community. Moderately priced homes, community features and family oriented. Great schools, new elementary school just opened and it is beautiful! Convenient to Zephyrhills and Wesley Chapel shopping. Family oriented and quiet.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:44 AM

141 posts, read 689,257 times
yea but doesnt windward build in new river?? They dont have the BEST reputation...at least in my opinion.

They built a new subdivision in temple terrace called hidden oaks and the quality of the homes were awful.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
yea but doesnt windward build in new river?? They dont have the BEST reputation...at least in my opinion.

They built a new subdivision in temple terrace called hidden oaks and the quality of the homes were awful.
I owned a Windward home and when the buyer came with her home inspector that was an amazing experience for me. He couldn't find anything wrong. He gave a compliment to the builder for such a good work there was only one tiny cosmetic thing. I was surprised since the building experience was a little different because there were 3 construction managers, every time there was one, either he left or was promoted. Very good experience for the price.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:23 PM

141 posts, read 689,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I owned a Windward home and when the buyer came with her home inspector that was an amazing experience for me. He couldn't find anything wrong. He gave a compliment to the builder for such a good work there was only one tiny cosmetic thing. I was surprised since the building experience was a little different because there were 3 construction managers, every time there was one, either he left or was promoted. Very good experience for the price.

Hmm well I guess their quality depends on location then.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
Hmm well I guess their quality depends on location then.
That is for all the builders the same. It depends on their contractors, sub contractors and their construction manager. I had a Westfield home and in the same street there were a lot of people with huge issues with their homes. The construction manager had made a mess of it and the home owners are still having issues. I was a little bit more lucky but had my share too. Westfield has a good name so I guess it has to do with wanted to make a quick buck when the market was up and the demand very high that is when that happened. So every builder can have these issues or not.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:45 PM

10 posts, read 56,654 times
Default Urgent Please Read!!

This is straight from the police officer's mouth. If you want a nice safe community during this only going to get uglier housing phase, then you need to look at Seven Oaks (great rentals going on in there, awesome community) and Saddlebrook. These are the only two communities the cops would refer. Meadow Point's aka is Ghetto Point, Northwood is Northhood, Ashley Pines is also ghetto infested, you get the point. Because of the investor saturation in this area many desperate investors will rent out to anyone with a pulse or multiple families. Rather than take this as an opportunity to live in a better neighborhood with schools/community that could offer more the mainly minority (troubled minority to be fair) groups have made every effort to establish gang prescence, vandalize, walk around the community screaming profanities, break-ins, etc. You have kids, be very picky. I used to hate higher cost HOA communities and such but you get what you pay for. and don't buy for at least another year, make sure it's a foreclosure, lot's of them will be practically new!!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens5 View Post
This is straight from the police officer's mouth. If you want a nice safe community during this only going to get uglier housing phase, then you need to look at Seven Oaks (great rentals going on in there, awesome community) and Saddlebrook. These are the only two communities the cops would refer. Meadow Point's aka is Ghetto Point, Northwood is Northhood, Ashley Pines is also ghetto infested, you get the point. Because of the investor saturation in this area many desperate investors will rent out to anyone with a pulse or multiple families. Rather than take this as an opportunity to live in a better neighborhood with schools/community that could offer more the mainly minority (troubled minority to be fair) groups have made every effort to establish gang prescence, vandalize, walk around the community screaming profanities, break-ins, etc. You have kids, be very picky. I used to hate higher cost HOA communities and such but you get what you pay for. and don't buy for at least another year, make sure it's a foreclosure, lot's of them will be practically new!!
Did the police tell you about the sexual preditor who lives in Saddlebrook and the other times the police has to go to Saddlebrook because of things going in there. I don't know how many cars have been broken in in that community. Some of the coaches have told me that. But the people at the gate are letting everybody in so don't be fooled by that that makes it safer. In my community the crime rate is similar or less than Saddlebrook. We have to understand that Wesley Chapel is still a very nice place to live. There are many cities that have way more crime. This is just an average small town with similar kids who are bored and are destroying properties just to have "fun". The parents should have to pay for all the stuff they destroy and maybe the parents will have their kids stay at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay