U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:18 PM

10 posts, read 56,895 times

Advertisements

I don't mean car burglary or petty vandalism. That you will always have some faction of, many times because of bored kids or kids with too much freedom. I'm talking about kids with too much freedom that have not been parented well at all or come from areas where their comraderie involved gang activities. Does that mean Wesley Chapel is "bad", no, but it has been a growing concern that has manifested from this economic downturn, most specifically in housing. It would be in anyone's best interest, but especially with children, whom almost always want to be an active part of a communities social network, to know these possibilities. this is what was said by the police to us as they investigated a house party in a vacant home that had over 50 kids from all kinds of areas break into, that had drugs and guns as a part of it. That would be the rarity in Saddlebrook. I tried to drive into saddlebrook the other day to just look at what's for sale and they turned me away. Maybe there was some lazy security. I think for someone new to the area, especially with kids, they should have these facts. I do love this area and can't wait for some stabilization, love the lower taxes but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 08:14 PM

25,351 posts, read 37,523,921 times
I lived at Saddlebrook for over 2 years and have seen a lot of kids who live their in the dormes without parents and have vandalized a lot. That is why at one point they had security at the pool. I know Saddlebrook is trying to do the best they can but like other communities it is hard to take care of everything. I wouldn't let my kids walk around after dark over there, the same as anywhere else. There is just as much drug use in there as anywhere else.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,531,153 times
Saddlebrook doesn't let just anyone in through the gates. You need a bar coded gate pass or your stopped and your licence number and reason for entering is documented.
It may have happened in the past, but it's not that way now. I lived in Meadow Pointe for 6 years. It started going down hill about 3 years ago. Too many sub-prime loans.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 AM

I know you get stopped and your licensed taken but when you are in there there is no one looking at things. On the side of the road of SR 54 there is big billboard saying "open to the public" and that is exactly what it is with all the good and the bad. And if you haven't noticed how much it went down over the past years, well I have lived there and are there almost everyday. They haven't got enough people working there, because it saves a lot of money and it shows. I was there last week when they had the great snowboard mibile jumpings and concert, open to everybody again. It was a nice mixed crowd, the rest you can fill out your self. A lot of people who lived in there for a long time in the high end homes have sold them or are in prcess of doing so, all for a reason. But I'm still glad we have a place like Saddlebrook in our community but it is different than what I expected when i moved in there a couple of years ago. Not upscale at all, just another community with the same issues, and the people at the gate don't make a change. If you know how some of these kids get drugs, I don't know but it is in there and it scares me since some are really young kids, just like every other community, but I didn't expected it in there. Maybe stupid and ignorant me.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:52 AM

5 posts, read 14,620 times
Well, interesting to hear about other neighborhoods....I think all neighborhoods have their share of problems. I do love Seven Oaks, it is a great community. New River is a smaller neighborhood, it is quaint and quiet and many of the residents are involved; we try to watch out for one anothers property etc. We keep the community clean and the entrance, common areas, playgrounds, and pool are very well kept. A few years back we had some unruley kids, but the community stepped up and we developed a neighborhood watch. The HOA started giving steeper fines for vandalism etc. We have adults that volunteer in a neighborhood patrol watch to keep it safe too. I say become involved before it is too late. We are told by our HOA if we see kids trespassing, vandalizing etc to call the police so the kids know there is no tollerance for this behavior. It seems to be working!

I have a Windward Home and I have had no issues with it at all. It is a solid home. Anytime I have heard of someone complaining about their "new" home, they had a KB Home! (another builder in New River)

Old 03-16-2008, 10:20 AM

I own a KB home and have no complains. I think it depends with all builder if the construction manager is good or fails to do their job.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 AM

11 posts, read 24,786 times
I'm not sure if this is common in FL leases, but in the state that I live in, you can typically have a clause that states if you purchase a home during your contract lease period (12 months) you can get out of the lease with a 60 day notice. It might be something to negotiate with the owner. - That might be state law where I live though.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandandwater View Post
I'm not sure if this is common in FL leases, but in the state that I live in, you can typically have a clause that states if you purchase a home during your contract lease period (12 months) you can get out of the lease with a 60 day notice. It might be something to negotiate with the owner. - That might be state law where I live though.
You mean a rental lease can be broken by buying another home?

Old 03-25-2008, 05:35 AM

5 posts, read 14,620 times
Dont know much about leasing homes but it is probably a good idea before buying to see where it is that you would like to live.......

Last edited by elesak; 03-25-2008 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay