U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:48 PM

94 posts, read 219,867 times

Advertisements

We are a couple in our early 30's with three children and we are looking into the Wesley Chapel area. We have heard that Wesley Chapel is a great area for people our age with children.

We just have a few questions

What other developments besides Seven Oaks and Meadow Point are good for raising children. We are looking for a 4 Bedroom home for around 250k.

CDD fees, what are people paying on average for these fees? Are these monthly fees or yearly fees?

Lastly is it possible to get into a rental property on a month to month lease? We want to rent in order to learn the area and within 6 months or less make a home purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM

141 posts, read 700,557 times
Check out Oak Creek. They have some really nice houses. It's off handcart rd on the border of w.c. and zephyrhills.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:41 PM

68 posts, read 259,781 times
There are plenty of homes out there to rent, although I'm not sure which would be comfortable with month to month. Also check out New River Township, as their second phase is just going up.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM

Problem is we want to rent for a few months to decide on which area fits our needs and then place bids on homes. This isn't something we want to wait a year for because we stuck in a long term lease.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:57 PM

3,923 posts, read 10,291,180 times
Unless you're prepared to pay like a tourist, the minimum lease period is 7 months. Less than that (short term furnished) will cost you a lot more.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:14 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,613,967 times
Check with the apartment complexes in the area. Some will do short term rentals. We stayed at one on Cross Creek in New Tampa for s short term.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM

25,784 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
Check out Oak Creek. They have some really nice houses. It's off handcart rd on the border of w.c. and zephyrhills.
It is a nice community but in the middle of nowhere. Because of the market right now it will take years before shop will get in the neighbor hood. i did see a short sale (probable soon a foreclosure) and they lowered the listing price a lot and it is in Oak Creek. 2006, 2600 sqft. for $ 150 K. Nice home with upgrades. I'm still buying short sales but i'm not looking overthere, too far from everything. If you want to live there for years you have a fantastic deal if the bank goes along with the price.

i have rental properties, but never rent them shorter than 7 month. When a renter moves out you have to paint, etc. and it will take a lot to do that for such a short time. After 7 month you can rent month to month on most rental properties. Let me know if you need a place fast, I might be able to help you if it is in the upcoming month. I'm closing on a property and going to rent it out this week. Very good location close to all the shops and I-75/SR 56
If you need inof send me an DM. Wesley Chapel is very nice and has very nice kids friendly communities. CDD fees (the ones i pay) are paid yearly through the tax collector. HOA fees if there is also a CDD, onces a year. Otherwise you pay a HOA fee every month. CDD can be different even in the same community but in a different sub community. Seven Oaks has CDD fees like aprox. $ 1,500- and also $ 2,600-. The last is for a gated community since you pay for the private roads and maintenance for the gate. Country Walk has a high CDD and New River Township (lakes) has a HOA $ 95.- a month. The 2nd fase of New River is going to have a CDD fee and a HOA fee. Oak Creek was $ 1,500.- but I'm not sure if this is still the same, but it is so far from everything and Seven Oaks is so much closer and I pay the same amount on CDD's overthere as people in Oak Creek. With the high gas prices that might something to be considered.

Good luck, I hope this will help you a little.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Check with the apartment complexes in the area. Some will do short term rentals. We stayed at one on Cross Creek in New Tampa for s short term.
That's good news! May I ask where; how long you stayed; and how much you paid? Might help some others going forward. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:34 AM

Ok ,so can anyone point me to who/where they do 7 month leases, I think that would suit us perfectly. Give us enough time to learn the area, then close and move into our own home.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1122 View Post
Ok ,so can anyone point me to who/where they do 7 month leases, I think that would suit us perfectly. Give us enough time to learn the area, then close and move into our own home.
You can search for privately owned properties to lease on Craigslist and Move.com. Also look in the TampaTribune at TBO.com

You can search for apartment communities (well the one's that pay to advertise any way) on Rent.com, apartmenthunters.com, and apartmentguide.com.

Maybe since you're thinking about living near the Northeast Hillsborough / Southeast Pasco counties area, you might find something to rent there? That way, you'd know for sure if the area was right for your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay