Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,002 times

Advertisements

My husband is waiting for a reply on an interview in Lakeland. We searched all the way to Lithia, Riverview etc and found Terra Largo in Lakeland and love it. We are coming from out of State and have very little crime here. We can go for walks, out to shop, eat etc with no fear. I keep reading to live southern Lakeland, If I am correct Terra Largo is North?? Please tell me more about this area and it is close to the mall etc. He is going to accept the job if it is offered and we have found 2 homes in Terra Largo we love. BUT we do not want to make a mistake and buy in the middle of an very unsafe area. He has never had more than a 15-20 min commute in little traffic so the other areas like Lithia are just to far to drive. We spent a weekend here, had a realtor show us the different areas and we saw all of Lakeland. Employees at the hotel were the nicest people!! There were good areas and bad areas. 400,000 homes on a lake in the middle of a major crime area confused us. I truly appreciate honest replies. Cant afford an expensive mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 10:02 AM

261 posts, read 260,940 times
Riverview is a third world country with increasing crime , that has terrible traffic and used to be a country area like rural Polk 20 years ago, not no more. Lithia/Fishawk area is being built up quick just like Riverview and some of the feeder roads are getting congested fast from Lithia to Valrico. Lakeland and polk county is cheaper and less congested than most of Hillsborough, but of course over time things could change it is Central Florida. Riverview was country living in 2000 now its urban decay. I recently moved out of state because of the increasing rent, crime and traffic in the Brandon Riverview area, i will never live in Central Florida again after the urban sprawl i am seeing there especially over the last 2 years.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:53 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
"urban decay" in 16 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
Riverview is a third world country with increasing crime , that has terrible traffic and used to be a country area like rural Polk 20 years ago, not no more. Lithia/Fishawk area is being built up quick just like Riverview and some of the feeder roads are getting congested fast from Lithia to Valrico. Lakeland and polk county is cheaper and less congested than most of Hillsborough, but of course over time things could change it is Central Florida. Riverview was country living in 2000 now its urban decay. I recently moved out of state because of the increasing rent, crime and traffic in the Brandon Riverview area, i will never live in Central Florida again after the urban sprawl i am seeing there especially over the last 2 years.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:52 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,340,370 times
Lakeland isn't a town I'd want to live in (again).

I've never been so bored in my life.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:29 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times
Tagged.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:43 AM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,531,204 times
Lakeland native here. Yes, Terra Largo is on the north side, directly across from Lakeland's 30-year-old mall and the not-so-great Hampton Hills neighborhood. I encourage you to contact Lakeland Police Department and inquire about crime statistics in that area, as anything I could offer you would be purely anecdotal/opinion. If you have the means to buy in Terra Largo, then I suggest you look at south side communities such as Grasslands off Harden Boulevard.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:46 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
Lakeland native here. Yes, Terra Largo is on the north side, directly across from Lakeland's 30-year-old mall and the not-so-great Hampton Hills neighborhood. I encourage you to contact Lakeland Police Department and inquire about crime statistics in that area, as anything I could offer you would be purely anecdotal/opinion. If you have the means to buy in Terra Largo, then I suggest you look at south side communities such as Grasslands off Harden Boulevard.
I agree. We lived on the south side of Lakeland several years ago, and Grasslands is a very nice area. Close to the open-air mall and the Polk Parkway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay