U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
 
25,879 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869

Advertisements

Pasco Alarm Registry - PAR - Pasco County Sheriff's Office

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...m_registr.html
The Board of County Commissioners passed an ordinance Tuesday creating an alarm system registration in Pasco County, similar to ordinances which already exist in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.
Registration is free, required

This ordinance requires registration of any alarm system located in Pasco County by September 1st of each year or within 30 days of installation.

Failure to register can result in fines and code violations if a false alarm is registered at a location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2016, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Castle Rock, Co
1,614 posts, read 2,675,439 times
Reputation: 959
Im really having a hard time understanding how this does anything beneficial.

Edit: I read the actual PDF and they are looking to be able to contact the owner of the home/alarm company more easily.

Personally, I have a weird thing about registering my security devices. Pasco has a thing to register your security cameras too. again, not too comfortable there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 04:18 AM
 
140 posts, read 132,653 times
Reputation: 169
Thanks. Good to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 05:12 AM
 
25,879 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869
A wile ago I saw the registration and registered but one of the questions was to give the IP address for my cameras which was optional.

We did pass on that info as we thought that is a little bit too much oversight not knowing if someone will be looking at us after giving out an IP address.

I do agree with fining owners for false alarms as it is costing society so much money.

One of.my employees has false alarms going off all the time. When the mail delivers a package the alarm goes off if someone comes to close to the door. That happened so often and I'm on the list to be called and received so many calls already and always tell ADT not to send out the cops.

At our office we hardly have any issues other than some agents not being fast enough to shut off the alarm while entering after hours but the system recognizes the codes so never did the cops have to go for that.

Ad cops are being targeted so much it makes sense to know who is responsible for an alarm system and able to check out if that person has felonies before the cops will go there. Now the cops will know if it is a tenant or owner and whow may be there as often felons hang oit with other felons.

I know of a sec.offender with a lot of a camerasudden and the entire family has criminal backgrounds.
Cameras are pointed at neighbors and neither cops nor HOA are doing anything as it seems to be allowed as long as cameras are not pointed to look into a window.

So a sex offender can video tape neighbors kids in the neighbors backyard!
Maybe by registering as the County is now doing the next step is to get a law in place to forbid this behavior.

Last edited by bentlebee; 08-18-2016 at 05:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Castle Rock, Co
1,614 posts, read 2,675,439 times
Reputation: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A wile ago I saw the registration and registered but one of the questions was to give the IP address for my cameras which was optional.

We did pass on that info as we thought that is a little bit too much oversight not knowing if someone will be looking at us after giving out an IP address.

I do agree with fining owners for false alarms as it is costing society so much money.

One of.my employees has false alarms going off all the time. When the mail delivers a package the alarm goes off if someone comes to close to the door. That happened so often and I'm on the list to be called and received so many calls already and always tell ADT not to send out the cops.

At our office we hardly have any issues other than some agents not being fast enough to shut off the alarm while entering after hours but the system recognizes the codes so never did the cops have to go for that.

Ad cops are being targeted so much it makes sense to know who is responsible for an alarm system and able to check out if that person has felonies before the cops will go there. Now the cops will know if it is a tenant or owner and whow may be there as often felons hang oit with other felons.

I know of a sec.offender with a lot of a camerasudden and the entire family has criminal backgrounds.
Cameras are pointed at neighbors and neither cops nor HOA are doing anything as it seems to be allowed as long as cameras are not pointed to look into a window.

So a sex offender can video tape neighbors kids in the neighbors backyard!
Maybe by registering as the County is now doing the next step is to get a law in place to forbid this behavior.
I would develop or buy some sort IR flashlight/strobe and point it at their cameras. Blind their camera without doing anything the human eye can see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 03:09 PM
 
25,879 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
I would develop or buy some sort IR flashlight/strobe and point it at their cameras. Blind their camera without doing anything the human eye can see.
If you look into what you need to do for that it will cost money as only very bright light will help and that for 24/7 to be pointed in that direction. There is special laser light that can take out a camera but it is illegal to do so but it seems a sex offender can legally watch someone's kids on the cameras.... pretty sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
3,017 posts, read 4,864,023 times
Reputation: 3281
I can see the point regarding registering the alarms, but I'd never register my cameras. Glad I'm not in Pasco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2016, 04:21 PM
 
25,879 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869
I'm not sure about cameras being mandatory to be registered but I did disclose the ones we have without giving out the IP address that could be filled out but didn't seem to be required.

I don't care if the cops and bad guys/girls know that we have cameras as we want them to know that they will be taped if they enter illegally.

The images are pretty clear and as you can see with the US swimmers, nowadays there are cameras almost every where.

We even have dash cams..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2016, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,583 posts, read 3,691,035 times
Reputation: 3369
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm not sure about cameras being mandatory to be registered but I did disclose the ones we have without giving out the IP address that could be filled out but didn't seem to be required.

I don't care if the cops and bad guys/girls know that we have cameras as we want them to know that they will be taped if they enter illegally.

The images are pretty clear and as you can see with the US swimmers, nowadays there are cameras almost every where.

We even have dash cams..
As an IT security professional I would never give out information such as this, however, even if I did it would be for RFC 1918 private addresses since I run my own internal network. Wouldn't do them a bit of good, since they don't know how I'm NATing those to the outside, or if I even have them on public facing IPs.

For that matter, if they really wanted to access the cameras, they would find a way. It's not that difficult to do, especially if they have the cooperation of your ISP.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2016, 03:57 PM
 
25,879 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869
I'm not a technical expert so I have to start researching online what ISP is and what RFC1918 stands for to better understand your post.

To me most important is that the bad guys/girls know we have an active alarm system and cameras so they may rather pick out someone else's property that doesn't have any whistles and bells. Of course I hope nobody is targeted and everyone is safe but it is nave to think that there are no thieves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top