U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 08:50 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,455,710 times

Advertisements

quail hollow in Wesley chapel near lots but price wise going up-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:26 AM

14 posts, read 8,230 times
thank you all

Old 09-13-2016, 08:11 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,173,216 times
My opinion is that if you are trying to escape the given factors of life in a large city I would avoid a large city.
There are many less populated, congestion, high crime to look at. With both of you having in demand skills the options are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linper82 View Post
Hello Everyone:

Im going to become a nurse soon, after that my family and I are planing to moving from Miami to Tampa,. We are cubans in the 30s. My husband works in the refrigeration field( appliances repair, air cond, ect). we have two kids in elementary one have an EIP because attention defficits. Miami is getting worse every year, more people coming, rents going up, and not chance to buy a nice house for less than 350s. We are living in Miami our last 12 yrs and we re kind of scared about the change. We are looking for a nice neighborhood to buy a house no more than $225.00. Our biggest concern are the schools, not only the rate, but also the reputation, all experiences you can provide I will aprecciated. I have read a lot of "A" rate schools reviews that are talking a lot about bulling. ?? is a bullying a mayor problem in Tampa than in Miami, or same thing?
So resuming, I would like your help on:

nice family friendly neightborhoods to grow kids
houses not more than $225.00
good reputation elementaries.( any experience with adhd kids)
traffic avisements
best hospitals for kids
soccer programs for kids in the parks.
low crime zones

thanks in advance, i know i have many questions, but I will appreciate any help

Old 09-14-2016, 06:02 AM

18 posts, read 11,512 times
There are several new home communities going up in Pasco along 54 (Land O Lakes) - in fact I have a home that shows like a model for around that price in Ballantrae. I also like North Tampa around the Northdale, Citrus Park, Carrollwood area. If you come up to Pasco there is the Trinity Hospital, Brandon also has a huge hospital. My husband is a manager with the HCA hospital network and may have some ideas about jobs. PM me if you want some information about jobs/ or me about housing. Good luck. This is a great area to be the in the medical field!

Old 09-14-2016, 06:13 AM

18 posts, read 11,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linper82 View Post
I noticed that many of the houses in Tampa has HOA and CDD, how does this work there? can somebody explain me? This could be a problem for those subdivisions with many empty- foreclousure houses, I guess...?
HOA fees are community fees, usually for things like a pool, community center, but could even cover yard in some townhomes or condos. Each vary greatly. My mom has that in a 55+ for $58 a month (she does her own yard), but they can go up very high to hundreds.

CDD fees are for newer communities and can last 10 - 20 years from when the community was developed. It pays the government for the extra services like fire and schools it will need to put into place when a community is developed. They are found in your taxes. USUALLY these newer home communities keep their HOA fees low when their CDD fees are high to keep people coming in. For example, I have a house listed in Ballantrae in Land O Lakes. The HOA is about $300 A YEAR for pool, club house, splash park and free basic cable... but the CDD is in the taxes so a house around $225k pays taxes before homestead of around $4000 a year instead of around $2000 a year which is more typical.

These fees are only a burden if you don't take them into consideration when you are looking. They are usually on the MLS listing and must be disclosed to you when you make an offer or so many days when you go under contract so that you can back out if you don't like them. Your real estate agent can help you when you buy with all these details.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:30 AM

14 posts, read 8,230 times
tanyasellstampa

thank you very much!, I'll post you private for more info.. thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or