U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 12:06 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,483,944 times

Advertisements

It is not what you say peeps, it is how you say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 02:40 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,672,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
It is my right under the United States Constitution to respectfully express my opinions, and I can explain my experiences that I had the last few years in the Tampa Bay area. Unfortunately my wife is a lawyer and I am also a professional and worked in many different industries over the last 15 years in Tampa Bay so I understand Freedom of Speech and I am just being truthful on what we experienced in the area.
Freedom of speech means the government can't ban you from saying certain things. The fact that you haven't been arrested for your dishonest comments shows that your freedom of speech is being protected.

You're not being truthful at all.

You most certainly were banned, under multiple other screen names. Nice try, though.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:00 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
3,527 posts, read 3,652,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
Morton,
I never was banned ever from this forum. I am Not sure of or do not care what your background is; but maybe you need a class in Constitutional Law!
It is my right under the United States Constitution to respectfully express my opinions, and I can explain my experiences that I had the last few years in the Tampa Bay area. Unfortunately my wife is a lawyer and I am also a professional and worked in many different industries over the last 15 years in Tampa Bay so I understand Freedom of Speech and I am just being truthful on what we experienced in the area. If you do not want to read the truth do not read it! Yes our rent and insurances went up like crazy! Yes our neighbors in our complex were loud, rude and some didn't speak English! Yes there was times when commuting from Pinellas to Hillsborough it took two hours. Yes I witnessed with my own eyes car accidents and pedestrian accidents in the crazy traffic. Yes we seen a lot of our friends in the legal community move out as well the last year or so. Yes its very transient and changing but the growth in some of the growing areas such as Riverview and Valrico is causing problems and an increase of crime and it has!
Why would I make this up! We did not move to Tampa for us to spend thousand of dollars just to move, the place went to hell in a hand-basket and As far as Lexington no problems here so far.
Morton please respect peoples opinions because everyone has different experiences and different things they seen in the area or maybe you are the one that should be banned!
I'm sorry for you, too.

Please show me where I said you were banned? Or are you tipping your hand from prior experience?

Now you're making false accusations, and of course that's not protected speech.

Better get those glasses checked.

RM

Last edited by MortonR; 09-29-2016 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 AM

8 posts, read 8,068 times
Oh boy :/

Old 10-16-2016, 11:46 AM

697 posts, read 419,255 times
The problem with reading apartment ratings online is that almost all of them are bad no matter what complex you look at. Three out of 5 stars is about the best you'll find for most places. So it's very hard to decide. If you make a decision based on ratings, you might end up not even moving anywhere. There just isn't anywhere good to live, or hardly, and that's basically just how it is. I find myself moving about once every 3 years on average because they play games and jack up the rent by big amounts so you're forced to move. I have yet to find a stable affordable apartment that isn't run by a greedy management company.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
The problem with reading apartment ratings online is that almost all of them are bad no matter what complex you look at. Three out of 5 stars is about the best you'll find for most places. So it's very hard to decide. If you make a decision based on ratings, you might end up not even moving anywhere. There just isn't anywhere good to live, or hardly, and that's basically just how it is. I find myself moving about once every 3 years on average because they play games and jack up the rent by big amounts so you're forced to move. I have yet to find a stable affordable apartment that isn't run by a greedy management company.
Very true and this is why i prefer to rent from INDIVIDUAL owners now. Always treating us fair and very little if any increase. As long as you're a great tenant I guess.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:46 PM

240 posts, read 207,549 times
OP, I agree with Paradise Lost. The traffic is horrible here. And only going to get worse, as people keep moving here. Transportation Dept. can't keep up with road construction and repairs. I just hate the amount of people you have to deal with all day long! Cars, bikes, pedestrians, school busses, snowbirds, tourists... It's becoming hell on earth.

A lot of posters on here are in love with Florida. That's their choice, but it isn't a paradise. And your daughter will have to pay out of state tuition.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:08 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,672,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterK View Post
A lot of posters on here are in love with Florida. That's their choice, but it isn't a paradise.
You're always free to leave.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
You're always free to leave.

Yet they don't seem to!

Old 10-20-2016, 02:24 PM

34,240 posts, read 41,253,416 times
Op you never said or i missed it as to the reasons you want to up root and move to Tampa.
With no money and no job are you sure this endeavor isnt just wishful thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or