Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 09:49 PM

5 posts, read 3,937 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've been looking at 1br condos/apartments in West Shore and SOHO. Moving in 1-3 months from now, with a max budget of 1400 (+ utilities). I'm a late 20's self-employed male whos into fitness, meeting girls, doing cool adventurous stuff, living it up whenever possible, etc..

Currently, I live over in Largo (fml) because I have such a good deal and amenities, but I'm bored as F, and drive way too much. I work all over Pinellas and Hillsborough county so West shore is probably a little better location wise, but I'll sacrifice if I'll be happier in Soho.

Basically, and I have searched a bit, where should I move to to rent for a year? Moved here from NY state 3 years ago.

I was looking at the Madison in Soho, Millennium in West Shore, but am torn.

Id like to be close to highways but also feel like I'm in the happening area with young ambitious people like myself. I like the amenities and buildings in West shore but I'd like to happy hour in Soho because the girls are smokin' and I feel like it has a better social scene.

Help. Lol. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 06:10 AM

133 posts, read 130,910 times
Stay in Largo, and save the hassle and the expense. You can party in south howard and go home and save the money. I agree that the girls however are smokin', no doubt.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:59 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,197 times
Westshore would keep you close to 275 and Veterans, and close enough to SoHo that you wont mind driving there. SoHo is more of a party spot for the kids that go to UT. The novelty will wear off fast.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:06 AM

30,393 posts, read 21,210,559 times
Largo is a rough area i would move and pay more. Plus you save the long drive if your drinking and taking a chance with the cops.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Westshore would keep you close to 275 and Veterans, and close enough to SoHo that you wont mind driving there. SoHo is more of a party spot for the kids that go to UT. The novelty will wear off fast.
This is what I was thinking, maybe take the better location in West shore, nicer building with more parking, but not walking distance to all the bars. The other part of me wants to just walk to happy hour a few days a week in Soho from the Madison and just meet a ton of girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Largo is a rough area i would move and pay more. Plus you save the long drive if your drinking and taking a chance with the cops.
Yeah. I usually uber everywhere when drinking. I'll pay a little more for a better quality of life. Hangout at whisky joes, Soho, downtown, ybor, etc.. so much more to do. St Pete is cool but too far for me.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyVincente View Post
Stay in Largo, and save the hassle and the expense. You can party in south howard and go home and save the money. I agree that the girls however are smokin', no doubt.
There's more stuff to do overall though in Tampa vs largo. It's all old people and poor people and families here. I'm the youngest person in my complex.

I have decided on Tampa, just torn between Soho or West shore really. I should maybe check out a few places drive around at different times of the day.

Any other info guys? Generally how is life in these two places? Traffic bad? Thank you.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract28 View Post
Any other info guys? Generally how is life in these two places? Traffic bad? Thank you.
Getting out of Westshore is rough, seeing as the light at Columbus and Dale Mabry seeming stays red for an hour. However, once past that light, you're fine. It's also close to International Mall which has some cool little bars and restaurants out front, then Westshore Mall which has a few places if I remember correctly. You're not far from SoHo either. You're also not far from West Tampa, where you will be able to find some awesome Cuban food!

Old 10-09-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract28 View Post
There's more stuff to do overall though in Tampa vs largo. It's all old people and poor people and families here. I'm the youngest person in my complex.

I have decided on Tampa, just torn between Soho or West shore really. I should maybe check out a few places drive around at different times of the day.

There are some bad areas in the Westshore area as well near 275. Traffic sucks everywhere.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
There are some bad areas in the Westshore area as well near 275.
Westshore is a pretty small area. There is no part of Westshore that will compare to Nebraska Ave, and Nebraska Ave pales in comparison to crime in other areas. This is just a stupid comment.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Westshore is a pretty small area. There is no part of Westshore that will compare to Nebraska Ave, and Nebraska Ave pales in comparison to crime in other areas. This is just a stupid comment.
You are wrong like always. Guess you never seen the area around Ray- jay or 275 bra. Lived here much longer than you and know much more that you ever dreamed of. Never said anything about it being worse than other areas like Nebraska, not even sure why you even brought that area up as it had nothing to do with where the OP was asking about.
I guess i can say my area in west Pasco is much worse or as is TNC. Talk about a stupid post, you won that award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay