U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 PM

16 posts, read 50,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla06462 View Post
I am in the process if trying to get on with Hilton work at Home. I have plenty of experience making hotel reservations but seem to be having a problem getting my computer through thier testing. It is only almost three years old but something is not meshing with what it needs to mesh with. Anyone have any advice what it might be? I have done everything we can think of. I really could use this job if anyone can help you would be a life saver
Without any technical specs I would say make sure you are using the browser they recommend, if you are using firefox I would probably switch over to internet explorer. Other than that I would say make sure your pop up blocker is off. The more I think about it the more possibilities come to mind, it could be a number of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,161,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
What exactly do you do when you work at home for these companies?
My co-worker did the HSN at home rep job; she took customers' orders. That's it! She did this a few nights per week with some weekend day hours and supposedly brought in a pretty decent monthly income.

She had to quit recently for personal reasons.

I would LOVE to do this PT myself, but I don't have a noise-free home. You cannot have animals or kids making noise or other phones ringing or the televisions playing.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM

296 posts, read 512,448 times
I was looking in to that also, I think the hourly rate for hilton was 9 dollars an hour.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 7,165 times
Regarding the Hilton Work at Home.
It's the best part time job I've ever had.
They are extremely flexible
Training is $7.25 an hour for 7 weeks
Then $9.00 an hour afterwards for 90 days
After your 90 days your get an addition .25 so you pay is $9.25
Then your next raise (up to 4%) is after you've worked a year.
The work at home system is relatively easy. The only down fall is the 7 weeks of training which is done on site...not very convenient especially for a work at home job.
However the way the job works is during off peak season you have to work a minimum of 20 hours a week during peak it's minimum of 25 a week always 4 of those hours have to be done on a weekend day (friday, saturday, or sunday) regardless of peak no non- peak. You can work up to 39 hours a week if you are part time. Also you you to decide when you will work the core of your hours...ex: morning, afternoon, or evenings. If you choose core evenings for example you will select to work a schedule each week between the hours of 6pm and 12am. You choose you schedule weekly. You accrue vacation time and sick time. You get great travel (hotel) benefits for you and your family. They even have a matching 401k and lots of opportunities to advance like to specific lines that they call desk such as hotel desk, spanish desk, luxury hotel desk, customer care...the list goes on. Hilton is truly a trend setter for their work at home program. You are paid a guarnteed salary plus you early like an average of 12 cents for every reservation booked in addition to other incentives. You can really walk away making some serious part time money. It is just like working in a call center except you are working from home...so you are held accountable for your stats such as quality, talk time, not ready time and attendance...they have a very sophisticated way of tracking your work habits. I would most definitely recommend this job to anyone looking for parttime work. Best of luck for you.

Last edited by lovelyladyt; 06-24-2010 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: Needed to add additional infomation

Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM

219 posts, read 420,864 times
A few years ago, I was offered a job by HSN. I had to pass a drug (urine) test first. I did not accept as they are quite cheap. They actually said to me "we are budgeted at $35,000 for the job but I am offering you $30,000" Please note, they knew my salary that I was making at the time was $48,000.
The whole interview process only took about a week and they were very nice during the interview.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM

3,378 posts, read 7,617,995 times
This is something I am going to look into for my wife when we get there. Thanks for the bump and the mysterious person who spoke so highly of Hiton's work at home program who only has one post. Seriously, this would be great for DW to do while the kids are in school. PERFECTO!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 AM

6 posts, read 73,851 times
Question Question 4 LovelyLadyT

do you get bene's with hilton even if you're just PT? or do you have to work more than 39 hrs per week?

thanks!

meg

Old 07-12-2010, 02:36 AM

Question Next Hilton 'Informational Session'

hey! newbie here - with a (another) question:

does anybody know hilton's 'informational session' days & times for this week - the week or Mon., 7/12?

i got invited to one of the information sessions for a PT hilton work at home job last week, but i couldn't make either one. i know they are having more this week, which i believe i could go to, but i don't know when.

(i think they are all at 2:30; last week the days were tues. and wed.)

i could reeeally use this job! i know we pretty much all could use work these days , but i really appreciate the help of anyone who might know.

thanks a lot!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:35 PM

hi, lovelyladyt! newbie here - with a (another) question:

do you (or anybody) by any chance know hilton's 'informational session' days & times for this week - the week or Mon., 7/12?

i got invited to one of the information sessions for a PT hilton work at home job last week, but i couldn't make either one. i believe they are having more this week, which i think it should be fine for me to attend, but i don't know when they are.

(they were all at 2:30; last week the days were tues. and wed.)

i could reeeally use this job! i know we pretty much all could use work these days , and i really appreciate the help of anyone who might know.

thanks a lot!!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM

hey alaskakash, i hope the job works out for your wife. could you maybe let me know what she thinks of it once she has started? thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay