U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:10 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,752,283 times

Advertisements

The training is nothing to be surprised about! Typical call enter abusive tactics.

However, it is also Windows based. So if you are Mac based, you can forget about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 07:37 AM

3,237 posts, read 5,105,904 times
I know someone who used to work at HSN, it's a total sweatshop. Full of morons, ex-cons, etc

Old 06-23-2015, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,367 times
See this post below? I guarantee you this is from an HR person. The first problem with Hilton is they tell you all kinds of garbage that is NOT true. This is exactly the b.s. they tell you.

Like making twice $9/hr?? Uh - MAYBE a full time person - lying to callers to get them to take their time share offer can make $18 per hour, but I assure you - as someone who always performs in the top 3% - you're lucky to get $13/hr being an honest person.

Hilton has had the same computer system problems for over 5 years and these problems KILL your ability to make $$. They knit pick apart everything you do - regardless of how much $$ you sell for them and how productive you are. It's constant hounding and if their systems worked - we COULD make more $$.

They also promise that if you make a reservation and that person cancels later - you still get your commission NOT TRUE!

It's bait & switch on steroids at Hilton. That's why they have at LEAST a 50% drop out rate of people leaving within 3 - 6 months of hiring on.

HRCC takes the fact that their India based IT department is soooo pathetic, can't fix a darn thing (because the same problems still exist years later) Hilton takes out the massive losses their IT contractor cause on US AGENTS!!

They promise you free stays at hotels - that's few & far between. Act like you can get employee rates at all the hotels whenever you want... NOT TRUE - it's one broken promise after another.

That combined with their software systems constantly screwing you out of your sales, their rigged commission structure, their insane micro-managing and knit picking, splitting hair criticisms - it just turns out to be an extremely stress filled job.

They send you information, trainings, etc. that you're supposed to read - duties you're supposed to perform "in between calls" HA! They are so understaffed because of the insanely high turn over of staff that you have NO time between calls to do anything. Thus you end up trying to make up by doing these things on your own time.

Hilton was busted a few years ago for making their employees work without pay and they are still up to their old tricks - they just changed how they did it.

When the government came down on them for requiring you to put in an extra 3 hours a week for free - Hilton didn't pay the back pay ordered by the government - as normal wages... oh no. They paid it to us as a bonus!! Thus the federal government income tax rate was about twice as much as usual on those wages.

That means that 40% - 50% of the back pay owed to us went to federal income taxes NOT US! That's just dirty pool.

IF you don't mind being belittled and considered an idiot, required to work miracles around their broken software systems, don't mind being jacked out of your pay & commissions and can take splitting hairs & wipe cracking - then hey - you found the perfect job.

THIS IS THE POST THAT I PROMISE IS FROM HR. It's the same b.s they tell you in orientation & training:

velocemoma

2 posts, read 20,209 times
Default Hilton WAH
As a 4 year employee of the Hilton WAH program, I can attest to the fact that it's the best WAH program around. The $9.00 per hour after training is correct, however, there is incentive pay for rooms booked as well as an upsell opportunity at the end of most calls. It's not hard to double that hourly salary at all. Yes, even as part time, you do get benefits (no heath insurance, but everything else). One correction I would like to make to a statement made by another individual, the maximum number of hours a part timer can work (unless there are additional hours being offered) is 29 per week (not 39). They are hiring right now, so if you've got the background, apply. It's a great job!

Hilton Reservations & Customer Care - Tampa

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...#ixzz3dxHj8brL

Old 06-24-2015, 06:04 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,288,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellinDaTruth View Post
See this post below? I guarantee you this is from an HR person. The first problem with Hilton is they tell you all kinds of garbage that is NOT true. This is exactly the b.s. they tell you.
Many companies do the same. Welcome to real world!

Old 06-24-2015, 06:11 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,288,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellinDaTruth View Post
They promise you free stays at hotels - that's few & far between. Act like you can get employee rates at all the hotels whenever you want... NOT TRUE - it's one broken promise after another.
Interesting. Some years ago they in fact had a web site where Hilton employees were able to book $29/$39/$49 per night rooms depending on hotel level. I personally traveled all over the states because I was saving on hotels and wanted to use this opportunity. $39 hotel in NY, sweet! $29 hotel in San Francisco? why not! That web site was independent from local hotels/ call centers. Of course all bookings had to be done in advance, but it was do-able. If it's no longer the case, then it's sad. It was a good bonus for employees

Old 05-28-2016, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 724 times
Smile Just hired for Reservations agent from home.

I'm starting training soon and reading these comment's has me worried. I was so excited to have gotten the position. For those wondering how to get a second interview, just be upbeat and positive..remember it's SALES so during the initial virtual interview don't go for the low ball room rate. I hope there's happy employees out there, i can say I've worked home based cust service jobs before and honestly they all suck pretty much, however some are better than other's. You have to weigh the good with the bad, and so far Hilton doesn't look bad. I like how you can schedule your own hours..very flexible. I'll definitely update after training and production ends to let everyone know how it's going. If there's any happy employee's out there I'd love to hear more about the job, and the commission, scheduling etc.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 449 times
Smile I loved my time at HRCC (Hilton Reservations in Tampa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineday75 View Post
I'm starting training soon and reading these comment's has me worried. I was so excited to have gotten the position. For those wondering how to get a second interview, just be upbeat and positive..remember it's SALES so during the initial virtual interview don't go for the low ball room rate. I hope there's happy employees out there, i can say I've worked home based cust service jobs before and honestly they all suck pretty much, however some are better than other's. You have to weigh the good with the bad, and so far Hilton doesn't look bad. I like how you can schedule your own hours..very flexible. I'll definitely update after training and production ends to let everyone know how it's going. If there's any happy employee's out there I'd love to hear more about the job, and the commission, scheduling etc.
Congrats on getting in to hilton. It def. is not an easy job to get into.. I worked there for 3.5 years and LOVED my time there.. I got so many bonuses and all kinds of goodies.. Go to the spring fling.. It is AWESOME.. You get all kinds of FREE stuff from all the hotels. I wish I Had never left.

I was drawn away from another company that promised me the world.. and one I left hilton couldn't deliver ANYTHING they promised me.. =((

Have fun with the job.. It is AWESOME place to work.. Just sayin.. =))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay