Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:26 AM

9 posts, read 19,749 times

Advertisements

Long story short, my girlfriend and I are in our mid 20s. We both picked up and left Pennsylvania to live in Tampa in early 2016. We just wanted a new start. Where we were from in PA, there was very little hustle and bustle and very little to do. We both love the city and loved Tampa the first time we visited. So we just looked at apartment reviews online and picked a decent apartment for the value. (The complex and management is fantastic. Couldn't ask for more on that end. But the location is "ehhh".)

We are looking to move into something "nicer" with a better area. We are both settled with jobs and have done some exploring. I'd like to stay on the Hillsborough side and not venture into Pinellas. One of us works in West Chase and the other works near Rocky Point.

I'd like to stay below the $1300/month range (rent and utilities). Can anyone point us in the right direction? West Chase is really nice. But other than West Chase, we really don't know of anywhere that's similar since we're so new to the Tampa area. Apartment ratings really don't help. They are really subjective. We're simple people who don't complain about much of anything. We just want a nice, comfortable to come home to after a long day at work.

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 10:38 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,060,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
Long story short, my girlfriend and I are in our mid 20s. We both picked up and left Pennsylvania to live in Tampa in early 2016. We just wanted a new start. Where we were from in PA, there was very little hustle and bustle and very little to do. We both love the city and loved Tampa the first time we visited. So we just looked at apartment reviews online and picked a decent apartment for the value. (The complex and management is fantastic. Couldn't ask for more on that end. But the location is "ehhh".)

We are looking to move into something "nicer" with a better area. We are both settled with jobs and have done some exploring. I'd like to stay on the Hillsborough side and not venture into Pinellas. One of us works in West Chase and the other works near Rocky Point.

I'd like to stay below the $1300/month range (rent and utilities). Can anyone point us in the right direction? West Chase is really nice. But other than West Chase, we really don't know of anywhere that's similar since we're so new to the Tampa area. Apartment ratings really don't help. They are really subjective. We're simple people who don't complain about much of anything. We just want a nice, comfortable to come home to after a long day at work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Apartments for Rent in Tampa, FL - 1276 Rentals

Old 11-22-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I haven't had much luck with these websites and really just overwhelmed at this point. Which is why I came here. Maybe some personal anecdotes or personal advice from those living in the Tampa area might be able to shed some light on where I should go or look into.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:18 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,953,932 times
younger people look to live in south tampa. Soho, Hyde Park, Channelside, Westshore all have many rentals. Look on hotpads and see whats in your price range. A 1 bdrm in a new complex will be at least 1400. Construction, traffic, unreal congestion and Rents have all skyrocketed in south tampa over the past few years. Drive around and see if its for you though i would not recommend the mass suburban congested sprawl offered in north tampa, brandon or southshore areas unless thats what you desire. Though far from ideal and prohibitively expensive if u r looking to buy the central location and proximity to entertainment makes south tampa the most popular option for most younger people.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:12 PM

461 posts, read 551,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
younger people look to live in south tampa. Soho, Hyde Park, Channelside, Westshore all have many rentals. Look on hotpads and see whats in your price range. A 1 bdrm in a new complex will be at least 1400. Construction, traffic, unreal congestion and Rents have all skyrocketed in south tampa over the past few years. Drive around and see if its for you though i would not recommend the mass suburban congested sprawl offered in north tampa, brandon or southshore areas unless thats what you desire. Though far from ideal and prohibitively expensive if u r looking to buy the central location and proximity to entertainment makes south tampa the most popular option for most younger people.
A lot of availability down on Clearwater Largo Rd.. some in Old Tampa I would imagine or Tampa Heights. Just steer more people that way and the neighborhoods will at least fill up with decent people and boom, they can fix the neighborhoods up.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-26-2016 at 06:38 PM..

Old 11-26-2016, 07:39 AM

350 posts, read 332,068 times
First of all, WELCOME!!!!!! I saw a site where Coldwell Banker Realty company had rentals...you might call them? Best Wishes!!!

Old 11-26-2016, 10:21 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,989,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
A lot of availability down on Clearwater Largo Rd..
Not really within Tampa...

That said, I'd look at Seminole Heights. Up-and-coming area, cheaper rentals (if you can find them), younger vibe. Significantly cheaper than SoHo/South Tampa, and I'd go as far as saying there's significantly more to do.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:55 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,155,085 times
Narrow it down a bit, and what's your budget? how far to commute?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:03 AM

461 posts, read 551,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Not really within Tampa...

That said, I'd look at Seminole Heights. Up-and-coming area, cheaper rentals (if you can find them), younger vibe. Significantly cheaper than SoHo/South Tampa, and I'd go as far as saying there's significantly more to do.
He should go to Tampa Heights.. where choice of the day is jerk chicken and bbq, chitlins, watermelon.. the whole 9 yards

In all seriousness though, I think this would only work if everyone started a moving to Tampa thread and recommended them to go to areas like this and then got a whole bunch of whites in that corridor and then they'd be left having to organize and fixing the place up.. Wishful thinking though but probably wont happen. Everyone always want to avoid problems instead of tackling them head on.. that's why a lot of those areas have been utter crap with gangbangers everywhere. Clearwater Largo though, that was a mixed hood but ya, encourage everyone to go there, then theyd run the scum out the neighborhoods by default if they all felt stuck and had nowhere to go because we forced them over there.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 AM

It seems like we have narrowed it down to Westchase at this point. That's a very short commute for her job and slightly shorter for my job. Seems like a safe area that's family friendly. Very nice landscapes and seems the area is well kept. I don't know really too much about nearby shopping or dining. Thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay