Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 08:58 AM

79 posts, read 330,928 times

Advertisements

So I was about to leave for the Gasp. Arts Fest. downtown and decided to take a quick look at their website. Under "Rules", they say "Absolutely No Pets allowed". Huh?! I was going to take my dog w/me to enjoy the day, but don't want to risk it.

Makes no sense. An outdoor ARTS festival in a park but no dogs allowed on a leash or otherwise. It's further perplexing because the work of art that was chosen to represent this year's festival has a dog on it.

I'm just venting. If there's anyone who reads these threads that is somehow involved in the planning of this event, please reconsider this idiotic rule.

By the way, so far I like Tampa (recent move from NYC).

Thanks for "listening".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Strange it is . Most of the festivals I have been here, art or no art, have been full of the peoples pets(dogs) with them. Even the pirates had their dogs!!
Annie

Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
It's JUST too crowded at that arts fest for dogs. It's insanely crowded. As much as I love dogs and love to see them at events like this, when the crowds get that large they are just in the way. You'll see why when you get there...

I actually have seen dogs there anyway but it's not a good idea. It also gets very hot for them.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:51 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,376,422 times
I was there yesterday, plenty of friendly doggy's around, Tampa Street is very wide so great to walk the dogs there, Franklin Street can get a little congested...Lykes Gaslight park where one of the stages is set up has PLENTY of room for the pup...

A great day for anything today...JUST GET OUTSIDE!!!

Me..i'm heding to Fort DeSoto, I little biking, then relaxing on my beach chair....

Old 03-02-2008, 05:54 PM

79 posts, read 330,928 times
Tampaguy, I heard from others today that dogs do go there after all. There's always next year....

Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM

190 posts, read 764,012 times
Take your dog for a nice long walk or a jog or the beach, they will love you for it. An art fest really is no place for a dog, yes I do have a dog, and I think they do get in the way at a fest. They have to be on a leash which can get tangled with other people, and it is to hot for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay