Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 18,433 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on moving from downtown Tampa to Riverview. I want to get out of all the mess and traffic of Tampa and move to a more family friendly area. I've noticed riverview has some really reasonable price homes and are a lot cheaper compared to some other areas. Is it a really good place t raise a family ( I have a wife and 2 kids). Ive seen some other older reviews of Riverview and it seems a there is a mixed of good and bad, has it changed overtime? I noticed a neighborhood called AYERSWORTH and the homes seem to really cheap in there, is that a nice subdivision or should I avoid it. Are there other recommended neighborhoods i should look at, me and my wife plan on buying new. Thanks, greatly appreciated it!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 PM

201 posts, read 237,791 times
Check into a community called Mariposa ... still being built and is gated. It's on Gornto Lake Rd. just north of Bloomingdale Ave.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:08 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Yes.

Jk I don't know what you are looking for, it might check all the boxes for you, I would caution you that it's boom/bust area, during the last bubble burst that area lost as much as 80% of their value, if you like the area and are buying long term them you are fine just ride out the roller coaster.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:15 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,241,662 times
FYI, Ayersworth is not in Riverview, it's south of Riverview in Wimauma.

Past threads that may be of interest:

Any advise on ayersworth riverview,fl

Ayersworth at Riverview??????

Old 02-08-2017, 09:17 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,241,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Yes.

Jk I don't know what you are looking for, it might check all the boxes for you, I would caution you that it's boom/bust area, during the last bubble burst that area lost as much as 80% of their value, if you like the area and are buying long term them you are fine just ride out the roller coaster.
Really? I've seen nothing that indicates $175K/200K home would have dropped to $35K/40K. Source please.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:21 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housepanda123 View Post
Is it a really good place t raise a family ( I have a wife and 2 kids). Ive seen some other older reviews of Riverview and it seems a there is a mixed of good and bad, has it changed overtime?
Riverview and the much of western Hillsborough County are good areas, but they are going downhill. It's important to emphasize that the trend is very slow. But I don't see any way it could be reversed. When the dense development in and around Downtown Tampa hits critical mass, that will suck in many of the most productive and pro-social people, the same people who have in the past made the suburbs so wonderful.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:42 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,281,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Riverview and the much of western Hillsborough County are good areas, but they are going downhill. It's important to emphasize that the trend is very slow. But I don't see any way it could be reversed. When the dense development in and around Downtown Tampa hits critical mass, that will suck in many of the most productive and pro-social people, the same people who have in the past made the suburbs so wonderful.

I agree with you but I think a lot of it depends on how affordable it is/will be to live in the dense development in and around downtown Tampa.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:00 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
If that is to be believed, why would that only impact Western Hillsborough County instead of all the bedroom communities in the Tampa Bay area?

Old 02-08-2017, 04:28 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
If that is to be believed, why would that only impact Western Hillsborough County instead of all the bedroom communities in the Tampa Bay area?
Why do you think it would only impact Western Hillsborough?

Old 02-08-2017, 05:39 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times
Riverview is hit or miss.

There is a massive amount of development going on in the area, surrounding what used to be pretty rural homes and farms.

If you drive down Balm Riverview Road, for example, for miles on one side are brand new or relatively new developments that are nicely landscaped and walled. On the east side of the road are older homes on large lots, many of which are manufactured homes and even trailers in some cases. These have been there for years.

The very northern edge of Riverview is partially built up and the rest is old and sketchy.

Unless you pick out a specific part of the area and look it over, it's nearly impossible to tell what you're getting into.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay