Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 705 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving from St. Pete to Westshore and was wondering how bad the noise from the airport is... I'm sure this topic has been covered in-part before but with all of the changes over the past couple of years I thought it might be worth readdressing .

I used to live near Dulles, so it's not like I'm bothered by planes... I'm just wondering how BAD it is . I can't find the airport's mandated Quiet Hours ANYWHERE LoL (which concerns me!)...

Also - pretending that I know very little about the Westshore area - any parts that I should steer clear of? Money isn't too much of an issue (trying to stay under $1,750)... I'm a technical professional in his late 30s. I don't MIND college kids - but I have ruled out Waterfront (for that reason) .

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 04:24 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I lived right next to TIA for 41 years. It never did bother me. Since you are south of TIA only time it may bother you is when it is cold and we have a north wind and they take off to the north. Only got real loud in Danashores when we had a cold northeast wind and they took off to the north.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:57 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,377,898 times
The residents of some of the higher end parts of South Tampa and Westchase seem to attend the airport commission meetings to complain about the noise on a regular basis. I seems to recall them claiming that it's getting worse every year.

South Tampa residents say airport traffic noise keeps getting worse | TBO.com

RM

Old 02-20-2017, 12:44 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,927 times
in Westshore, its not too bad unless you right on the water (or very close) and real close to kennedy. When they take off/land to/from the south, they come in mostly over the bay but boarder right on the coast there.

I have been in houses right in that area next to kennedy and right on the water and I swear you could throw a rock and hit the planes they are so close. That would bother me, otherwise its not too bad though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay