U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:49 AM

13,773 posts, read 32,460,075 times

Advertisements

Gyros and the bakeries in TS are sooo good. I loved to just go there for the food, but also the feeling of the area itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 06:55 AM

14,410 posts, read 28,907,758 times
I think Tarpon Springs is an incredibly neat little town, and once considered moving there myself. It does seem to be growing like crazy, tho'.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:55 PM

53 posts, read 176,907 times
Ah...to be younger and not have children....oops! I didn't say that.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:53 PM

105 posts, read 122,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila74 View Post
I have a few questions about Tarpon.
1. Is it more hurricane prone - if that makes any sense? I know it's florida so there is always a risk of hurricanes but is it common? Like I know Southern Florida supposedly got hit pretty hard but what about the Tampa/Tarpon area? Hopefully you sort of understand what I mean it's very early
2. What is the atmosphere like? Is it constantly hot? Lots of humidity.
3. Are there any real nice beaches there?

Any other info would be great!
Laila,

wow I wish I could give you a great answer..... on # 1 question... but don't think anyone can!
2. nope it's not constantly hot but from about July - End of October sometimes its VERY humid! but look at the positiv side its good for a great looking "skin" all that extra moisture
3. Howard Park is right there in Tarpon and then you got Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island just down the street in Dunedin... take Curlew Road all the way West you end up on Honeymoon Island!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 PM

105 posts, read 122,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Gyros and the bakeries in TS are sooo good. I loved to just go there for the food, but also the feeling of the area itself.
omg I just love it there are you kidding me..... bakeries... yum yum that put a few pounds on my hips since I moved here from Germany but then the summer heat melts them away quickly, right? if you want mediterranean "flair" for a day or night go to the sponge docks sit in one of the outside restaurants and just enjoy watching people walk by... the ONLY thing I still cant get used to is that once you are done eating you get the check...in the US in general... in germany where I am from we used to go out to dinner and then sit for hours and chit chat and drink some wine or beer and then you would ask for your check but no one just "brings" it to you

Old 03-09-2008, 09:13 AM

13,773 posts, read 32,460,075 times
There are a few restaurants and bakeries off the main drag that are really good. I wish I could remember the name of them. They aren't nearly as busy and you can take your time and enjoy.

I think it is because as a rule most ppl are always in a rush in the US. Of course, if there are ppl waiting then you are costing the restaurant money..

Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy_tampa View Post
... the ONLY thing I still cant get used to is that once you are done eating you get the check...in the US in general... in germany where I am from we used to go out to dinner and then sit for hours and chit chat and drink some wine or beer and then you would ask for your check but no one just "brings" it to you
In Greece, the Greeks never rush you out the door. Greeks will sit for hours sucking on a couple of drinks while talking, laughing and talking. Sometimes the problem is getting the waiter to notice you. He's usually having a smoke and reading the sports page. Trust me, I know. I've been their enough and I still loved it. I do agree that if the place is really packed, with a huge line up waiting to get in, that maybe you should order more or move on, but in general I find the practice rude, and I usually won't return. Wait staff should never bring the bill without being asked for it.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 PM

By the way, I've been to Germany too. Always had a great time there. I lived on beer and schnitzel. The carnival in Koln was fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay