Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 04:57 PM

65 posts, read 71,194 times

Advertisements

Bring on the next crash baby! Only way I will consider buying something. Think it's pretty foolish to purchase in this inflated market. Was talking with a coworker who just paid almost 200k for a 900 sq/ft place in the Tyrone area of St. Pete. Friggen nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 06:35 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themosthigh View Post
Bring on the next crash baby! Only way I will consider buying something. Think it's pretty foolish to purchase in this inflated market. Was talking with a coworker who just paid almost 200k for a 900 sq/ft place in the Tyrone area of St. Pete. Friggen nuts.
I think you are in for a long wait. There is incredible demand for places here, and doesn't show signs of slowing anytime soon.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:06 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
whitee your right..we are buying in this market and as a Realtor I am not happy about it..However it is what it is and we don't have a crystal ball as to what is going to happen in the next 5-7 years...Hopefully it plummet like it has in the past..
You are buying in what you think is sellers market and at the top of the market, and are hoping that that housing price will plummet in 5 - 7 years? And you are a real estate agent?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I think you are in for a long wait. There is incredible demand for places here, and doesn't show signs of slowing anytime soon.
^This. Nothing we see indicates an imminent collapse of the market based on our crystal ball

Old 03-30-2017, 06:58 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
You are buying in what you think is sellers market and at the top of the market, and are hoping that that housing price will plummet in 5 - 7 years? And you are a real estate agent?
PLEASE READ....I NEVER said they were going to plumet, what I said was no one has a crystal ball and we have no idea what the market will do..Right now its a seller market, the trend usually is 5-10 years and no one knows what the Economy and Interest rates will look like in the Near Future...So if someone is buying in a high market that is the chance you take if the MARKET takes a downturn..WOW

and yes I am a Realtor and very good one at that!!!

Old 03-30-2017, 07:01 AM

18 posts, read 17,099 times
Very, very few saw or understood the previous bubble in real time either. I'm not making predictions, but my interpretation of current events (disconnect between income rise & housing expense rise) suggest that this is not sustainable, and history always repeats it self.. market cycles, etc, etc..

Old 03-30-2017, 08:40 AM

88 posts, read 108,598 times
Sure I think the market is a little high and has gone up to fast to soon, but what is the alternative. To pay the crazy rent? Your rent will cost more than your mortgage on a similar house right now due to the low rates. So even if your house drops 10% each year for the next couple of years, you aren't ahead of the game by renting. The rent you pay is gone. If the house value holds or the market continues up you are even more behind. Sure I think we are due for a fall, but no one knows for sure when. I was going to rent 2 years ago because I was worried about the market falling, but bought instead after I ran the numbers. I would be out $45k over those last 2 years in rent. Now I am looking to sell my home for $40k profit after living here for 2 years. You can't perfectly time the market. I will say coming from the northeast, this area is VERY affordable to what my home cost me in the northeast even 6 years ago.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:40 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitee View Post
Very, very few saw or understood the previous bubble in real time either. I'm not making predictions, but my interpretation of current events (disconnect between income rise & housing expense rise) suggest that this is not sustainable, and history always repeats it self.. market cycles, etc, etc..
Doing some math. How much is an average home in TB, St pete..... let's say 200k. Nothing fancy. 30 year mortgage. 4.5% interest... what is the mortgage payment, 20% down? Taxes probably close to 2k, annual, and insurance probably at least $1500.

Are most new homebuyers two income familes now? I think so. Still probably cheaper than renting a home, unless you go small condo.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
PLEASE READ....I NEVER said they were going to plumet, what I said was no one has a crystal ball and we have no idea what the market will do..Right now its a seller market, the trend usually is 5-10 years and no one knows what the Economy and Interest rates will look like in the Near Future...So if someone is buying in a high market that is the chance you take if the MARKET takes a downturn..WOW

and yes I am a Realtor and very good one at that!!!
PLEASE READ...I NEVER said you said they ARE going to plummet. I said that you ARE HOPPING that it will. I quote your entire message. Unless you are doing a trump, it is clear what your wrote .

Old 03-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Seems we are getting advice on flipping......

I tracked many homes in my neck woods in the last bubble cycle. A lot of them sold at the top of the market, to buy right back an inflated price few miles down the road, now extending themselves and leveraging more than what they were before.. as any saving from sale goes to a down payment to their now bigger home. Add to that a 10% transaction cost. A slight correction in the market and one of them loosing a job (since most would use 2 income to afford what they can't afford) would throw them off to foreclosure.

Moral of story-don't flip and supersize during a boom, between transaction cost, and high leverage in your new bigger home, it is asking for trouble. I guess people really have short memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: