U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-05-2017, 06:57 PM
 
366 posts, read 254,789 times
Reputation: 144

Advertisements

Visiting my fellows up north Tampa i noticed they use water from a tap as water for making the tea/cofee/soup. I asked them about it and they told me that they get used to drinking the water from the tap. I don`t want to make an experiment upon myself)
So i wonder either they are little mad or it`s ok to use this water for cooking? I got used to buying a bottled water for those purposes! But because we often cook a soup it`s often turns out that we run out of bottled water and have to use a tap water.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-05-2017, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 14,072,668 times
Reputation: 6028
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Visiting my fellows up north Tampa i noticed they use water from a tap as water for making the tea/cofee/soup. I asked them about it and they told me that they get used to drinking the water from the tap. I don`t want to make an experiment upon myself)
So i wonder either they are little mad or it`s ok to use this water for cooking? I got used to buying a bottled water for those purposes! But because we often cook a soup it`s often turns out that we run out of bottled water and have to use a tap water.
In Hernando County our water is pumped out of the aquifer. Good stuff. I know parts of Hillsborough use water from the river. I dont see a problem with using it for cooking though
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 07:39 PM
 
1,139 posts, read 3,057,119 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
So i wonder either they are little mad or it`s ok to use this water for cooking? I got used to buying a bottled water for those purposes! But because we often cook a soup it`s often turns out that we run out of bottled water and have to use a tap water.
Been using tap water for decades now for everything including cooking...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Sinkholeville
1,501 posts, read 1,534,380 times
Reputation: 2332
Compromise, filter your tap water for cooking until you get used to it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 08:34 AM
 
366 posts, read 254,789 times
Reputation: 144
So i can even drink it without boiling if i filter it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Tampa
439 posts, read 523,536 times
Reputation: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
So i can even drink it without boiling if i filter it?
I probably wouldn't, the water table in FL is very low, i believe only 50 ft, along with all the chemicals that the water plant puts in the water, it's pretty bad. When i had a Culligan rep come to my house and test my water, i couldn't believe my eyes how bad the water is here. Needless to say, reverse osmosis is almost a must if you can afford it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 12:08 PM
 
1,139 posts, read 3,057,119 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
So i can even drink it without boiling if i filter it?
Yes. If you are concerned, you can download the water quality report from the county website.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 14,072,668 times
Reputation: 6028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
I probably wouldn't, the water table in FL is very low, i believe only 50 ft, along with all the chemicals that the water plant puts in the water, it's pretty bad. When i had a Culligan rep come to my house and test my water, i couldn't believe my eyes how bad the water is here. Needless to say, reverse osmosis is almost a must if you can afford it.
You got conned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,471 posts, read 3,922,804 times
Reputation: 12073
We have lived in 4 states and never bought bottled water. In Florida that includes Jacksonville, Boca Raton and 4 different homes in Pinellas county. The only time we have bottled water is for picky guests.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2017, 06:33 AM
KPB
 
1,505 posts, read 1,103,611 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You got conned.
Agreed!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top