Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBeer View Post
There's a fine line between lane jumping and trying to dodge the idiots to get somewhere. I change lanes alot on the interstate and usually get to where I'm going fairly quickly. I attribute this to 2 secret strategies: 1. Not using my phone while I'm driving, and 2. Paying attention to traffic around me. Crazy, I know.
I get so frustrated because most of the people on the road are on their phones, either talking or texting/surfing/etc. There's always people driving 50 in the left lane (on the phone) and the rest of the people are either driving 50 or 90 (also on the phone). There's a few of us that just watch the road, predict a path through the idiots, and maneuver. I don't understand how people are so freaking clueless while operating a vehicle. I've driven all over the country extensively, Florida has the worst drivers. I would rather drive through NYC at 5pm on a Friday than Tampa at 5pm on a Friday. I've done it many times and it's a significantly more intelligent drive. Traffic laws aren't followed or enforced here. People drive like complete morons and every year the bar gets lower and lower.
I understand what your saying but I think what he meant by lane jumping was that at this particular section of the interstate the 2 right lanes exit onto Kennedy and the Veterans and gets backed up so some people continue on the left then try to jump over at the last minute pretty much causing a cluster f...mess.
I agree with the rest of your comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 09:28 PM

120 posts, read 117,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
I understand what your saying but I think what he meant by lane jumping was that at this particular section of the interstate the 2 right lanes exit onto Kennedy and the Veterans and gets backed up so some people continue on the left then try to jump over at the last minute pretty much causing a cluster f...mess.
I agree with the rest of your comment.
I know exactly where you are referring to, and yes, it's maddening. That area is just a f*ing mess. They should put lane barriers there - if you missed your exit, oh well, pay more attention next time. I've been to places where they have citytitties and it effectively solves this problem.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:10 AM

356 posts, read 302,261 times
The whole traffic situation is basically one big mess. Not only are there a growing number of cars on the highways trying to navigate inferior infrastructures, there is also a continually increasing number of Thug Drivers (TD) on the roads. These drivers are immature, reckless, aggressive, and fail to adhere to basic driving rules. They will cut you off, tailgate, and weave in and out of traffic. I really think these drivers are transplants from other areas. But, the increase in this type of driving is not terribly surprising given the general ongoing decay in the country.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student66 View Post
The whole traffic situation is basically one big mess. Not only are there a growing number of cars on the highways trying to navigate inferior infrastructures, there is also a continually increasing number of Thug Drivers (TD) on the roads. These drivers are immature, reckless, aggressive, and fail to adhere to basic driving rules. They will cut you off, tailgate, and weave in and out of traffic. I really think these drivers are transplants from other areas. But, the increase in this type of driving is not terribly surprising given the general ongoing decay in the country.
agree on the thug drivers, I usually find a way to separate myself from them - normally give them all the space they need

Old 04-18-2017, 11:11 AM

44 posts, read 50,842 times
Gosh these past 2 weeks have been a mess on the bridge...between the fire, the huge wreck, and the car that was just sitting in the middle lane yesterday its enough to give you grey hair at 25. I agree with all of you the ones who get over last second (for some reason) drive me absolutely nuts! Or before it goes down to two lanes into Tampa the ones who get in the merging lane for 0.2 miles when it ends only to pass 4 people and beg or force their way back in.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:04 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJCtheRipperxX View Post
the ones who get in the merging lane for 0.2 miles when it ends only to pass 4 people and beg or force their way back in.
This is why you don't let them in. I've become a much more aggressive driver recently. Cruising in the left lane? You're getting cut off. Pass me without a blinker? Cut off with brakes. Try to block me in when I'm in a merge lane? I'll sideswipe you if I have to.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This is why you don't let them in. I've become a much more aggressive driver recently. Cruising in the left lane? You're getting cut off. Pass me without a blinker? Cut off with brakes. Try to block me in when I'm in a merge lane? I'll sideswipe you if I have to.
Try that with my C6 Vette brett. I would be around you so fast you won't know day it is ray.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Try that with my C6 Vette brett. I would be around you so fast you won't know day it is ray.
What Kind Of Vehicle Do You Drive?: Here's What A Man's Car Says About His Personality

Old 04-18-2017, 05:06 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Mine must change a lot. Just got rid of the 5.0 2015 GT. It was never in my heart and i had to go back to a Vette.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Mine must change a lot. Just got rid of the 5.0 2015 GT. It was never in my heart and i had to go back to a Vette.
Some men buy souped up cars because they're lacking in other departments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: