Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:21 PM

428 posts, read 416,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
I accumulated many usefull furniture, appliances etc. I posted AD on craiglist but nobody answered me. I can`t create something like garage sale because i`m renting in apartments. So i wonder if here are in Tampa places where to sell my stuff?
It seems that people was getting rich because they`d prefer buying new rather than used things even if used stuff is twice cheaper and almost new...

Have you dropped prices of your stuff on CL? I never had a problem selling stuff there, especially if I bumped a thread with a lowered price. Why not try that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 07:38 AM

569 posts, read 1,058,872 times
I'm actually looking for a cherry wood desk / table at the moment. 36" to about 65" long and at least 28" deep with a flat top (no shelving stuff). I don't suppose either of you have one of those for sale?

But yeah, I haven't heard of too many people having problems selling stuff on CL or the other classifieds sites. That tells me that either your pictures are bad or your prices are too high. Maybe second-hand goods are worth more where you're from than they are here? For example, if you're trying to sell a plastic chair that originally cost your $25, I wouldn't expect to pay more than about $5 for it off CL. If you're trying to get $15 for it I'd rather just pay the extra $10 and get a new one...

One other thing that just occurred to me and wasn't mentioned previously: maybe you should have some American friends review your posts and reword them into 100% proper English. With the plethora of scams our there, if I see a post that has significantly messed up grammar or spelling I assume it's a scam and skip over it.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:37 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
If you're on Facebook try joining/posting to local groups like:

Tampa Bay Tag Sales: https://www.facebook.com/groups/271475769891055/

Tampa Bay Online Garage Sale: https://www.facebook.com/groups/281729728572093/

Try doing a key word search in Facebook under your town, county or general geographical vicinity + add the phrase "tag sale" or "garage sale" and see what pops up. There are several under "Tampa sale." It's easier to manage than Craigslist and it's more localized.

Last edited by Daisy Grey; 05-18-2017 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 05-21-2017, 07:18 AM

383 posts, read 343,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsamon View Post
I'm actually looking for a cherry wood desk / table at the moment. 36" to about 65" long and at least 28" deep with a flat top (no shelving stuff). I don't suppose either of you have one of those for sale?

But yeah, I haven't heard of too many people having problems selling stuff on CL or the other classifieds sites. That tells me that either your pictures are bad or your prices are too high. Maybe second-hand goods are worth more where you're from than they are here? For example, if you're trying to sell a plastic chair that originally cost your $25, I wouldn't expect to pay more than about $5 for it off CL. If you're trying to get $15 for it I'd rather just pay the extra $10 and get a new one...

One other thing that just occurred to me and wasn't mentioned previously: maybe you should have some American friends review your posts and reword them into 100% proper English. With the plethora of scams our there, if I see a post that has significantly messed up grammar or spelling I assume it's a scam and skip over it.
Yeah i have my niece to rewiew my posts...but i doubt it because of English. You know lots of native speakers don`t use correct grammar. I notice it everywhere (even with my middle level of English). It would be odd if person`s kindness depends on grammar
I think i live in a pretty wealthy area so people here don`t pay attention in such sort of post ad.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:33 AM

569 posts, read 1,058,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Yeah i have my niece to rewiew my posts...but i doubt it because of English. You know lots of native speakers don`t use correct grammar. I notice it everywhere (even with my middle level of English). It would be odd if person`s kindness depends on grammar
I think i live in a pretty wealthy area so people here don`t pay attention in such sort of post ad.
That could be, but if your'e using CL people from all over the Tampa Bay area should see it. And it's not that "peoples' kindness depends on grammar"; it's that people don't want to deal with a scam, and there's tons of them out there, most of which don't use proper English. If you're selling something that's very much a commodity and easy to obtain why am I going to respond to an ad that has a higher chance of being a scam? I'll just go to the next ad, or the local big box store and save myself the headache. However, you said it's being reviewed by someone so that may not be the issue. Just wanted to point it out as a possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: