Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM

10 posts, read 29,485 times

Advertisements

Seriously considering moving to Wesley Chapel in Seven Oaks. I know the community has a great reputation, but for those who have relocated from NY, are there any regrets? Some of my concerns are all the malls developing, lack of a "town" feel and rules in the community. On the positive side I know community rules keep up the value of the real estate and I will never run out of places to shop. Lastly, do you really need to stay inside during the summer months? I have been to Florida a few times in August, I know it is hot , but it did not seem unbearable to me. I would appreciate any feedback on the community and change of lifestyle from NY. I have friends in the area who really love it. THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 05:25 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Seven Oaks is great. I love the club house with the fitness (too bad the equipment is mostly broken and takes long to be repaired), and the pool area is great. In the summer they have security (teenagers who check on id's and alcohol) at the pool so the crime went down and it is very nice.
The heat is very personally if you can stand it or not. I'm from Europe and wasn't used to it, but you just chnage a little of the times when you do things. The location is one of the best in Wesley Chapel. Close to everyhting. I have a investment property in there and always look at my investments as if I was living there and want the tenants to keep the yard and everything as if they own it and so far the do. If not I would recieve letters from the HOA, which i got once for a previous tenant for the palm tree not being trimmed and some weed. IMO the HOA was right and the tenant stated he had been to busy and forgot but knew the HOA was right and changed it. I think that is great to keep the value up and that is in the home owners best interest. There are only a few parts build so close to I-75 that the noise is so much, I would even consider living there, and you see a lot of short sale in that street. So if you buy a home and haven't been here like people did a couple of years ago, make sure you know exactly how far you are from the interstae, since they are going to widen it and that creates more noise. All other sub communties are very nice.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:09 PM

23 posts, read 103,165 times
Hey I moved from Queens, New York last March! I also live in Seven Oaks, my boyfriend owns in the beautidul GREAT community of Seven Oaks! Tampa is real large but nothing compared to NYC, I love my NY but hate the cold and keeping the child caged indoors becuse its too cold or dangerous outside! Dont know if you're making the move alone or with a family but the change from NY is good but time for adjustment is greatly needed. Jobs and pay are much less and difficult then NY. That i hate!

Old 03-14-2008, 04:40 AM

10 posts, read 29,485 times
We are negotiating a price on a house now. They do not seem that flexible on the sale price because the houses have already come down about 40,000.00. They will negotiate closing fees, supply blinds throughout the house and extend the closing date. What do you think about the CDD fees, they are rather high. My friend says they keep up the property value. Are they very rigid rules? My feeling is that once the new mall opens the area will although crowded, will become more desirable. I think it is a great opportunity to buy. My husband is less enthusiastic about the move. He doesn't really like the idea of a community. He travels a lot and I am home with the kids, so I would rather be somewhere with some social outlets and support. Any positive feedback about Seven Oaks to pass on to him?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:23 PM

23 posts, read 103,165 times
It is Great, I truely do LOVE it, my boyfriend is always away frm his home, and we can leave doors garge open and the neighbors are always looking out for one another at least in our sub- division. Send me a DM or email
and i will give more detailed info, and pics. But it is the best move to do from NYC. And the mall is not that close to us its on the other side of i-75, so when their visitor come they will exit and go WEST 3-5 miles, and we go East 3-4 miles, and then drive into SEVEN OAKS,which is huge.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-18-2008 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: You don't want to put in your email address

Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
Wesley Chapel is a new and upcoming part of the Tampa Bay area. It's very nice....

Old 03-17-2008, 07:26 PM

80 posts, read 348,805 times
Default Seven Oaks

Is Wesley Chapel/Seven Oaks appropriate for an older couple?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
I don't see why not. Any area is appropriate. But like I said before, that area is growing and very new. I would live there if it wasn't so far from my job...

Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 AM

81 posts, read 308,317 times
Default I recently moved in Seven Oaks and love it!

My wife and I recently moved in Seven Oaks and really like it so far. I go to gym 5 days in a week (weekdays) and I have not yet seen anything broken there. They got free weights as well, which I like. I would recommend you to visit their club house and check their fitness center, tennis courts etc if you have any doubt about its condition. On negative side (or positive depending on your preference ), you always have 4-5 people exercising in fitness center during evening hours. I didn't have to wait so far for anything but it feels little crowded. They got lot of activities in club house as well, if you are interested. Check out their club house website: Seven Oaks Clubhouse - Home

We pay CDD appx. 1500/yr. IMHO that's not bad for the facility you get. We work out a lot, I play tennis and we both hit pool quite often as well. While searching for home we did not come across any new development that did not have CDD with these facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay