Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:25 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,316,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Not trying to pick on Publix. I'm sure it's a very fine supermarket chain, even though I have never seen one in my life. But this article seems ridiculous. How can a relatively small regional supermarket chain be America's favorite? I'm sorry, but before something can be called America's favorite, it should be available in at least half the states, and best as I can tell Publix only has stores in six states. Most of them are just in two states. They must have primarily surveyed people who live in the South. The article could have been better title: Florida votes Publix #1. If it's really that good though, I hope they keep expanding. Because I'm not really impressed with any of the supermarkets here in the West.
I moved back to Michigan from Clearwater and I tell you what Kroger is way better than Publix bigger, better selection, fresher produce, they have a Starbucks and a bank in the Kroger by me. The aisles are wider and the store is very clean, and they have plenty of self serve registers. And I also have Meijer it's like a super Walmart without the auto service. Also both have gas stations and pharmacies witch makes it very convenient. Also prices are way cheaper than Publix. And guess what Kroger is a union supermarket.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:16 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,560,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
Another Publix thread?
I was amazed we had more then one page on the last thread. I just want to see if we can be 48 pages!!

Old 05-24-2017, 11:43 AM

619 posts, read 1,606,269 times
We have three now here in Knoxville. Rumors of at least one more. I'm currently eating a Publix Cuban sub right now.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,483,834 times
I'm a great fan of the Publix near me.
It has everything I need under one roof with a great selection at reasonable prices.
Their fresh produce is excellent,they make great subs and salads and they do a delicious Californian Chardonnay.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:44 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,073,764 times
Nice to know. I will be stopping at Winn Dixie on my way home. Better prices and liquor store beside it to get the holiday weekend started right!

Old 05-27-2017, 08:57 AM

5,913 posts, read 7,250,922 times
I just enjoy looking at the demographics for Publix versus other stores I frequent, like Walmart.

Gee, I wonder why you don't see all the seedy sort of low-life people on Publix?

As with the other thread, I "spot shop" at Publix to avoid being raped by them on mainstream items. Got a BOGO? Great! Buy that box of Cheezits for $4.00? I think not.

And they do have good fried chicken.

-RM

Last edited by MortonR; 05-27-2017 at 09:08 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 09:20 AM

17,466 posts, read 38,877,668 times
Publix is a great store and great company. It is consistently ranked in Fortune's top 100 companies to work for. This year it was ranked #21. They not only have customer loyalty, they have employee loyalty. And yes, I have known many who worked for Publix, and they all loved it.

Publix Super Markets: #21 on 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 | Fortune

Over the years I have switched shopping to various other stores like Super Target, tried Wal Mart (ugh!) Trader Joe's and ALDI, but at the end of the day I have gone back to doing the bulk of my shopping at Publix; with an occasional trip elsewhere. And the store where I shop has had the same employees for years; one lady told me she has been there 16 years.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:28 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,368,306 times
What Publix makes exceedingly well are their sandwiches and subs. Large, quality Boar's Head meats, and reasonably priced. Better than most sub and sandwich shops. I think I'll get one today!

I would also add that their meat section is very good: great ribeyes, T-bones, ribs and pork chops.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 11,566 times
Winn Dixie is a failing brand, esp in Florida..Publix Supermarkets, a privately held company is a pretty darn well-run operation. A PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS customer is not a Walmart customer for sure. PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS right now is heavily aiming at the suburban shopper and is actively building fresh stores clustered around newer SF developments in key growth corridors. Their aim is to be able to get to a new PUBLIX within about 10 min drive from your SF house. Convenience, quality, and super customer service. Generally speaking, a PUBLIX customer shops in a Publix for superior CUSTOMER SERVICE, not necessarily "price". You want to see awful customer concern and service? go visit a Winn Dixie, or worse yet, a Walmart...or you can bag your own groceries (or buy bags for your goods) at an ALDi.

The stores that are in trouble in this retail space are WHOLE FOODS MARKET (looking for a buyer), and TARGET, which is in an identity crisis in re whether to actually be in the food or supermarket business. PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS is sticking to their knitting and doing a decent job in this retail space known as "grocery supermarkets"...PUBLIX is NOT a "specialty retailer" or niche player ala Sprouts (which was to be sold to Target but failed), or a Trader Joes. HAIL PUBLIX - a great Florida-based-owned success story.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:25 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,508,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Publix is a great store and great company. It is consistently ranked in Fortune's top 100 companies to work for. This year it was ranked #21. They not only have customer loyalty, they have employee loyalty. And yes, I have known many who worked for Publix, and they all loved it.

Publix Super Markets: #21 on 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 | Fortune

Over the years I have switched shopping to various other stores like Super Target, tried Wal Mart (ugh!) Trader Joe's and ALDI, but at the end of the day I have gone back to doing the bulk of my shopping at Publix; with an occasional trip elsewhere. And the store where I shop has had the same employees for years; one lady told me she has been there 16 years.
Agree, Publix does seem like a pretty good company to work for. I have a couple friends that drive trucks for Publix, they'll both be millionaires at retirement. Truck drivers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay