U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:00 AM

25,851 posts, read 39,055,622 times

Advertisements

Maybe instead of approcjing we should put a nice stuff on our signs ...lol, a little sticky maybe? lol

I agree with TampaKaren why can't they just give a call because the number is on there and asked the owner of the sign to remove it. Some companies have over 50 signs out and it only should take 1 call to speak with them and let them know and other wise remove them. I had in the past even a sign with a lock on it and it was taken. I was thinking maybe the competition was taken it but it seems the competition plays fair but this man not. Hope this man reads this and calls so it saves him time and we all can pick it up. The unfair part is that he only takes it from a certain area, not every where, which would make more sense to me. This is like an exstremist and I don't like exstremists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,908,033 times
He is not an extremist, he just doesn't like his nieghborhood looking like a mess. There are ordinances in place stating that putting sign in the ROW is not allowed and yet these people still do it.
Do you think calling someone about their sign will change that? No
I am sure he only grabs some because it would be a full time job to get them all.

Easiest solution is to not put signs in the ROW where they do not belong.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 PM

222 posts, read 453,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
There he was again today and today victim was a KB homes sign. I guess this man has a heart since he left the sign for a lost dog, standing near the road. There are also a couple of trailers for sale down that road and it seems that he doesn't want to take their for sale signs put at similar spots as other sign. What could be the difference. I know their is a fair housing act, it seems not a fair signs act.lol

Maybe this guy has a house for sale and only wants his house to have a sigh.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM

I didn't see the man on the moter cycle today either he is late, has a day off or is sick, or read this post and is getting scared that ...., well the result was that there was a Bridgewater sign on the corner of Curley and i hope this person will rent out the property, because it is better than an empty house and the owner might be able to keep up with the financial burden of the home.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 PM

792 posts, read 2,015,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
During the week I have noticed for the last couple of months that there is a man in Wesley Chapel riding a motor bike who is taking every sign that is put next to the road. For sale, rent, garage sale, etc signs. He is riding on Wells Road (ther is where I first saw him) , Curley Road and than he takes SR 54 East. He takes the signs put them behind his back between his back and the back support on his motor bike.

I have mixed feelings every day I see him doing this. Mixed feelings because of himtaking signs from Bridgwater residents who are deperite to sell their homes and others to get new neighbors. People on the edge of foreclosure not having moeny to pay for an add in the newspaper and trying everything to get out of financial trouble. He also takes the signs at Chapel Pines, etc. all the communities where he drives by.

I know it is looking beter without signs etc, but I feel for the people in todays economy who are trying to do whatever they can. In my opinion, I would give them a break. Every day i see this man with his grey beard on his motor bike taking these signs I'm thinking the same.
He is not from the HOA because he is taking them at more than one community, who he is I don't know but I see him riding with many signs every day.

Can you let me know what you think about this?
Why don't you put a sign up that you know he will take down and then put grease or wet paint or some other fun substance on it, so that when he grabs it, he'll have a whole new set of problems

Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 AM

Your funny! I wouldn't have a problem with this man if there was a "sign" or some other notice showing who he is or is working for. Like if he is working for the COunty it would be fine with me, but it looks like the guy is going to work and on his way wants to do whatever he wants. If signs are not allowed than don't attack one spot but be a hero and take them from all of Wesley Chapel or Pasco, but not hese few communities and specially the one that has so much trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay