Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 PM

17 posts, read 122,557 times

Advertisements

Im looking to move to the Tampa/ St. Petersburg area and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Brandywine Apartments in St. Petersburg or the area that it's in. I am doing research on apartments to rent.

Here is the address if this helps:

1699 - 68th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710

Thanks!

Last edited by slbot072581; 03-10-2008 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 10:16 PM

17 posts, read 122,557 times
bump for help.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM

29 posts, read 84,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbot072581 View Post
Im looking to move to the Tampa/ St. Petersburg area and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Brandywine Apartments in St. Petersburg or the area that it's in. I am doing research on apartments to rent.

Here is the address if this helps:

1699 - 68th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710

Thanks!
This apartment complex is very close to shopping ie Tyrone Square Mall, a shopping plaza Crosswinds, and many other conveniences such as the DMV, Post Office, Circuit City, Wal-greens, CVS, and fast food restaurants. There’s also Azalea elementary school and Azalea middle school in very close proximity, and a new grocery store being built and close to a Bank of America. The area is nice and clean, but I will mention there was a murder there a few years back I think in 2005. Usually there is nothing of the sort in that area. Hope this helps. google the apartment and crime and see what comes up.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:04 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,121 times
Default the area is good

overall. Of course it's urban so there will be "characters" around. Just keep alert. the mall attracts everything. It has nice stores and is well maintained but you do see genuine gang members there. Haven't been any serious incidents that I know of certainly it's not rampant. most of what occurs involves cars so be very alert when you park.
I live nearby and in fact, I think we looked at Brandywine. If it's the one I think, the company that manages is a REIT. That is a real estate investment trust, so their main purpose in owning the property is to see it appreciate over a fairly short period. In general these companies are very cheap on maintenance and repairs. We looked at a 2 br. and the bed rooms were huge but there was virtually no living room. You could maybe get one small couch and a chair but no real place for even a small eating table. The arrangement and where the cable was didn't lend itself to comfortable tv watching. We also didn't like the way we were treated. Even tho I don't have income, they wanted to charge me to do a credit. It would have just wasted our $50 and maybe lost us the place cause right now I don't have my own credit anyway. we're an older couple. So we found something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese07 View Post
This apartment complex is very close to shopping ie Tyrone Square Mall, a shopping plaza Crosswinds, and many other conveniences such as the DMV, Post Office, Circuit City, Wal-greens, CVS, and fast food restaurants. There’s also Azalea elementary school and Azalea middle school in very close proximity, and a new grocery store being built and close to a Bank of America. The area is nice and clean, but I will mention there was a murder there a few years back I think in 2005. Usually there is nothing of the sort in that area. Hope this helps. google the apartment and crime and see what comes up.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,211 times
Where are you coming from?

Some find that area really boring and suburban - for others it's exactly what they want. I wouldn't have lived there because I wanted to be closer to downtown St. Pete.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:02 PM

849 posts, read 3,527,121 times
Smile I wouldn't call it exactly suburban

but it's not totally urban like Downtown either. You go out the gates and you can walk on real sidewalks to the Mall and other places including all sorts of places to worship, St Pete College and library and other services, drs. etc.. True they are in strip centers because most people here want their cars but it's not absolutely necessary to use it all the time. You can walk to Tyrone Mall and get a bus to downtown or to the beach. The surrounding areas are more urban residential than suburban, cul-de sac, mcmansion-ville. It's a good alternative. For one reason it's closer to the beach.
Given my druthers tho if I were younger, I'd probably prefer Downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Where are you coming from?

Some find that area really boring and suburban - for others it's exactly what they want. I wouldn't have lived there because I wanted to be closer to downtown St. Pete.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM

190 posts, read 764,067 times
Brandywine Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other St. Petersburg apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

If you google apartment ratings or review for the apartment complex, websites come up for you to read, reviews by actual tenants. Any hoo, Many poor reviews for that complex. One thing to keep in mind...Many if not all of the 5 star rating will be fake, done by management to help boost the rating! You can usually tell, they are way overkill.
Nearly all of them want money for a background check!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,524 times
Thumbs up thank goodness for background checks!!

i used to live at this community and it is actually a nice place to live for the money and the location. is it 5 star?? no, certainly not, but you get what you pay for and they have really large rooms. but i disagree that all 5star ratings are from company staff, because i know quite a few people that LOVED their apartment and community and were there for 10, 20 or 30 years even... but everyone (good or bad) is entitled to their opinion, so as long as you give perspective to the reviews, you're okay.

AND THANK GOODNESS for background checks!! i wouldn't live at a place that didn't charge people money to check their criminal history, credit, income and rental...
apartment communities suck to live at in the first place, but then you have to fear your neighbors are drug addicts or felons or can't prove income because of dealing drugs or prostitution?? i'd rather pay $50 for a community to check my background that i knew was clean... seems the people who complain have bad backgrounds.

back to brandywine, it is a decent place to live. rooms are huge, (esp the 1050 sf 2bed 1bath that i was in, corner unit, huge walk in closet, nice) and the buildings are brick/concrete, so they are almost sound proof. no major plumbing issues or anything.

the REIT company comment it COMPLETELY FALSE... i researched it and REITs are a special real estate investment company that gives 90% of profits to its shareholders... that means that they liek to spend as much as possible on improvements to their properties because the money stays in the value of the property and not given to the shareholders. this is why REITs usually redevlop their properties and other companies just sell the old ones off. when i was their, the buildings and facilities were maintained relative to the price of rent... obviously if you pay more, you get nicer stuff.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 6,436 times
Thumbs down horrible

I lived there for a short time and hated it! yes it was nice for the money, but I am STILL having problems with the complex and have moved out quite some time ago. I found the staff to be very shady with many things there and would NEVER recommend this apartment complex to ANYONE! I am now in another apartment that is smaller but cheaper and I feel much safer with the people that work and live there. Yes, it is close to the mall, CVS and many other useful places, but it is not worth it, I would suggest somewhere on Gandy, they may be a bit smaller but are beautiful apartments close to I275 and many shopping plazas.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 6,179 times
Talking Great

I will say I moved into Brandywine apartments 2 years ago and have absolutely no complaints.

The staff is awesome (except for one guy but you'll barely ever see him anyone) the complex is great. If I ever have a maintanence problem they are very quick to respond and they do a great job.
I am actually moving into a bigger apartment tomorrow and they have been great to work with me as far as transferring and everything.

It has been absolutely the best apartment complex I have ever lived in and I have lived in many apartments around FL and in Maryland(which is where I came from)

I would recommend them for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay