Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 12:23 PM

3,822 posts, read 3,252,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It was not my choice to stay here. When my parents left me their house on a reverse mortgage in Danashores in 2001 prices just screamed up in 3 years time and when i put it up for sale in July of 04 it sold within 2 hours of the sign going up in the yard. Since it was priced about half of what other homes were going for in Danashores someone just drove by knocked on the door and said they wanted it. This was before i came into a lot of money in 2007. I had to get a mortgage to pay off the 32K reverse mortgage and was forced to have HOI and flood. Well after 3 years of that BS i just said screw it and sold and bought a house in west Pasco for $85k with cash so i would never be forced to deal with HOI or flood Ins again. I also bought up other homes to flip in west Pasco and lost 400k on a big house in the gulf when things came crashing down in late 07 + plus no one would insure these big homes on the gulf.

I also made good money on a few small homes so it all came about even. I came into money again from a nursing home lawsuit i begged my mother to start before she died in 01 that my father was in. Well that law suit took years, but i had asked her to start the suit up so she would have some money as my parents were broke during that time.

Well my mother died in Apr on 01 and my father in Dec of 01. Then in Jan 02 my uncle died and left us with millions and that turned into a years long court battle with his second wife and her son, not my uncles son.

Seems he did not write up the trust and will right and we get screwed and only got a few mil and they got most it.

So i will never trust flipping homes again. My house was only worth about 20k for many years and there was no way i was spending 4 to 6K a year to insure it. So it cost me nothing to live here other than around 300 smackers a year for prop taxes. I hope home prices crash again so my taxes stay low bro..No way i would sell my house for less than the 85k i paid for it and go back to Danashores and pay a insane 4k or more a year for prop taxes. I figure i have save around 50k on Ins cost since 04.
So where are you from? It seems your uncle and family were pretty well off. I mean you can easily afford FL unlike many of us here.

So why is it you want to leave? is it the influx of people and tourist and the large crowds, or did losing a lot of cash in the houses cause you to have a sour taste in your mouth and want to leave and start over?

For me, there is not much to do here and you gotta drive to Ft. Myers or Sarasota for most stuff and the traffic is horrible too and lack of good paying jobs and the business ideas I have wouldn't work in a small area like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 01:41 PM

30,146 posts, read 20,868,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
So where are you from? It seems your uncle and family were pretty well off. I mean you can easily afford FL unlike many of us here.

So why is it you want to leave? is it the influx of people and tourist and the large crowds, or did losing a lot of cash in the houses cause you to have a sour taste in your mouth and want to leave and start over?

For me, there is not much to do here and you gotta drive to Ft. Myers or Sarasota for most stuff and the traffic is horrible too and lack of good paying jobs and the business ideas I have wouldn't work in a small area like this.
I was born in Danashores in Tampa and lived there from 1963 till 2004. I only moved to west Pasco to flip homes when home flipping was on fire. So the house i am in was one of them flips i never moved out of. Not really looking to leave unless Cuba can be a free place to move to. I have no wish to live north of FL or live in any other state. My parents were broke near the end. I love FL all in all, just hate how the weather has changed the last near 30 years I don't go out or do much anyways other than fish offshore and go on runs with my Corvette club.

I like staying home and i am happy i don't pay anything to live in my house other than whatever upgrades i have done to the house over the years. Don't need a big house or spend big money on prop taxes and such.

Paid 85k for my house and figure i have saved a ton by not paying for Ins or high prop taxes over the 13 years i have been here. If the house blew up today i got my money worth. I could just go pay cash for another sub 80k home. Sure as heck not paying 300k+ for a big house i don't need as i live alone and have no fam left.

I would hate to be paying a mortgage and have to deal with Ins comps raping me every year. Now my money is free for toys like high end A/V and cars and telescopes. I feel sorry for people paying 2k+ a month for a home.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I was born in Danashores in Tampa and lived there from 1963 till 2004. I only moved to west Pasco to flip homes when home flipping was on fire. So the house i am in was one of them flips i never moved out of. Not really looking to leave unless Cuba can be a free place to move to. I have no wish to live north of FL or live in any other state. My parents were broke near the end. I love FL all in all, just hate how the weather has changed the last near 30 years I don't go out or do much anyways other than fish offshore and go on runs with my Corvette club.

I like staying home and i am happy i don't pay anything to live in my house other than whatever upgrades i have done to the house over the years. Don't need a big house or spend big money on prop taxes and such.

Paid 85k for my house and figure i have saved a ton by not paying for Ins or high prop taxes over the 13 years i have been here. If the house blew up today i got my money worth. I could just go pay cash for another sub 80k home. Sure as heck not paying 300k+ for a big house i don't need as i live alone and have no fam left.

I would hate to be paying a mortgage and have to deal with Ins comps raping me every year. Now my money is free for toys like high end A/V and cars and telescopes. I feel sorry for people paying 2k+ a month for a home.
When you mean by weather do you mean by it being hot? It seems we don't get much winter weather the last couple years down here in SWFL. When I lived in Naples before moving back to MO I still remember getting cold spells in the winter. Granted we get short lived ones that can get pretty cold but then it warms up a week later to the mid 80s.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
When you mean by weather do you mean by it being hot? It seems we don't get much winter weather the last couple years down here in SWFL. When I lived in Naples before moving back to MO I still remember getting cold spells in the winter. Granted we get short lived ones that can get pretty cold but then it warms up a week later to the mid 80s.
Our winters have warmed up so much since 1989. Only 1995-96 and 2010 were colder. Just the last 6 years we have warmed up so much around the planet. Our summers were always hot, but now we don't see our normal southeast windflow anymore since 1985. I get very little rain in the summer where i live , under 2" so far this July and only 3.2" of rain last July. Almost every summer i get way below normal rain compared to others living a few miles to my east thanks to a reverse west windflow 85% of the summer.

We also see freak rain events more than ever before where i got 30" of rain in a months time in the summer of 2015 and 24" in 3 weeks time last summer in Sept, then went dry with under 3" of rain from Oct to this May. It will get much worse as the planet heats up and our weather will just be hot year round and very dry within the next 30 years. Falls are just hot , winters are just hot and springs are just hot with us breaking heat records day after day the last 6 years as my snowball effect is taking place now and will see a rapid up tick in temps along with more freak rain events and more long dry periods like we saw for 8 months from Oct to May of this year. Sea level rise is ready to take to the moon as it will ramp up at a pace no one dreamed of.

This state is done within 70 years. Banks will no longer offer loans on water front homes not too far off.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Our winters have warmed up so much since 1989. Only 1995-96 and 2010 were colder. Just the last 6 years we have warmed up so much around the planet. Our summers were always hot, but now we don't see our normal southeast windflow anymore since 1985. I get very little rain in the summer where i live , under 2" so far this July and only 3.2" of rain last July. Almost every summer i get way below normal rain compared to others living a few miles to my east thanks to a reverse west windflow 85% of the summer.

We also see freak rain events more than ever before where i got 30" of rain in a months time in the summer of 2015 and 24" in 3 weeks time last summer in Sept, then went dry with under 3" of rain from Oct to this May. It will get much worse as the planet heats up and our weather will just be hot year round and very dry within the next 30 years. Falls are just hot , winters are just hot and springs are just hot with us breaking heat records day after day the last 6 years as my snowball effect is taking place now and will see a rapid up tick in temps along with more freak rain events and more long dry periods like we saw for 8 months from Oct to May of this year. Sea level rise is ready to take to the moon as it will ramp up at a pace no one dreamed of.

This state is done within 70 years. Banks will no longer offer loans on water front homes not too far off.
I'm wondering about this sinkhole problem too in your region. With the population increase, if the sink holes become a huge problem will we see insurance rates sky rocket and insurers not insuring in the region that it could causing a regional housing bubble in that region? if it cost 30k to insure a 240k home it could be a problem for a large amount of the population. Will you see people selling lower and trying to get out?

This latest sink hole is less than a half mile from my cousin.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I'm wondering about this sinkhole problem too in your region. With the population increase, if the sink holes become a huge problem will we see insurance rates sky rocket and insurers not insuring in the region that it could causing a regional housing bubble in that region? if it cost 30k to insure a 240k home it could be a problem for a large amount of the population. Will you see people selling lower and trying to get out?

This latest sink hole is less than a half mile from my cousin.
FL has always had sink holes. Just about every lake was a sink hole. Just that builders built wherever they wanted. Now with ground water being pumped out for drinking water more and more it will cause more sink holes as we see little rain and then get too much rain at one time. My area has the cheapest homes in the country so i don't see prices going up in my hood compared to everywhere else. I see prices going back down to 2010 levels as flood Ins will run people out of these small rundown homes where i live. Ins is much cheaper everywhere else but my area.

When a whole area from Holiday to Hudson see's all the older people die off and being replaced with scum bag renters the area will never improve nor will home prices. This area was built around 1971 to 75 for older people that were ready to retire so the small 2bedroom homes were not meant for 5 4 to 8 people that live in them now. The whole area is run down and junk in the yards and cars parked in the small yards and Pasco county does not enforce any codes to speak of in this area. I could go out and buy all the homes i want today for 50k and less. But jump a few miles east the prices jump to 125 to 300k.

We don't have real sink holes near the coast as 95% of the claims over the years were for cracks in walls and such. A drug dealer burned a house down to the ground in my hood a while back and it was cleared away to a bare lot. Now the new house would have to built up a good 8ft from the ground. So who in the world would pay 150k or more to build a new house around sub 70k run down dumps that are rented out to trash?

Best thing that can happen is a CAT 5 just wipe out everything from Holiday to Hudson 8 miles inland and not allow any more rebuilding within 10 miles of the coast and clear this trash out here.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
FL has always had sink holes. Just about every lake was a sink hole. Just that builders built wherever they wanted. Now with ground water being pumped out for drinking water more and more it will cause more sink holes as we see little rain and then get too much rain at one time. My area has the cheapest homes in the country so i don't see prices going up in my hood compared to everywhere else. I see prices going back down to 2010 levels as flood Ins will run people out of these small rundown homes where i live. Ins is much cheaper everywhere else but my area.

When a whole area from Holiday to Hudson see's all the older people die off and being replaced with scum bag renters the area will never improve nor will home prices. This area was built around 1971 to 75 for older people that were ready to retire so the small 2bedroom homes were not meant for 5 4 to 8 people that live in them now. The whole area is run down and junk in the yards and cars parked in the small yards and Pasco county does not enforce any codes to speak of in this area. I could go out and buy all the homes i want today for 50k and less. But jump a few miles east the prices jump to 125 to 300k.

We don't have real sink holes near the coast as 95% of the claims over the years were for cracks in walls and such. A drug dealer burned a house down to the ground in my hood a while back and it was cleared away to a bare lot. Now the new house would have to built up a good 8ft from the ground. So who in the world would pay 150k or more to build a new house around sub 70k run down dumps that are rented out to trash?

Best thing that can happen is a CAT 5 just wipe out everything from Holiday to Hudson 8 miles inland and not allow any more rebuilding within 10 miles of the coast and clear this trash out here.
I do wonder what will happen here in FL when these younger baby boomers in their early 60s are moving down here when they die off 20 years from now. I hear down in Naples people selling their homes are still not getting full value because the developers have been building too many houses. Someone can simply go buy a new home for the same or cheaper than what someone is selling their home for.

I've never been up to the beaches in Pasco. The homes right along the beach or super close to it are they still expensive like everywhere else, or are they a lot cheaper too?

Old 07-16-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I do wonder what will happen here in FL when these younger baby boomers in their early 60s are moving down here when they die off 20 years from now. I hear down in Naples people selling their homes are still not getting full value because the developers have been building too many houses. Someone can simply go buy a new home for the same or cheaper than what someone is selling their home for.

I've never been up to the beaches in Pasco. The homes right along the beach or super close to it are they still expensive like everywhere else, or are they a lot cheaper too?
They are no beaches in Pasco to speak of, just sawgrass and rocky areas. The very few big homes on the water are about half of what they woUld go for in Tampa or other places. So a home for 400k here would be 800k to 1 mil in other places. Most homes in this area are sub 70k around US19.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:52 PM

686 posts, read 615,037 times
Quote:

There aren't any Pasco beaches worthy of mention. A couple parks on the Gulf, but nothing like Pinellas beaches. West Pasco is a trashcan.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
There aren't any Pasco beaches worthy of mention. A couple parks on the Gulf, but nothing like Pinellas beaches. West Pasco is a trashcan.
From the photos I've seen it seems most of the costal Gulf up there is marshy, not much sandy beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay