Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 12:47 PM

47 posts, read 242,734 times

Advertisements

I am in need of some advice. I am currently trying to buy new construction in Forrest Creek. It is a Neal Community. I am from MN trying to get the transaction rolling. They have upped their base price twice within 2 weeks--once for $11,000 and now tell me that with every 2nd home sold they will up it again. So I am trying to lock in my price with a purchase agreement.
On Friday at 4:00 they gave me the lot premium price of $3,000. I called early Saturday morning and told them that was the lot I wanted--they told me the lot was now $6,000. They also want $18,000 down for a house which will not be be completed until the early part of 2009.

I think I am seeing red flags. Can anyone give me any input? I thought they were a reputable builder

Old 03-16-2008, 09:31 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,551,401 times
Default Bradenton

I think your post would get more response if you posted in the Sarasota-Bradenton forum. To my knowledge, Neal is not building anywhere in the Tampa Bay area.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 PM

3 posts, read 27,928 times
So....based on the builders response, what have you done? We are in the same situation. Want to move to the Sarasota area and are very fond of LWR. I know that no place will be without some problems, but I have heard nothing but good things about Neal. In today's economy, you have to research all builders - Moderator cut: libel

Last edited by Keeper; 08-20-2009 at 07:42 AM..

Old 06-08-2008, 08:46 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,073,637 times
My mother in law lives in NW Bradenton and our close family friend lives in a Neal community. I will say our friend's home is beautiful and the neighborhood they live in is very, very nice (the homes there are upscale, in the $400k+ range), there have been a few complaints. Also, to do any upgrades whatsoever cost her a lot of money. I think she did $150k in upgrades and it is NOT a fancy house whatsoever--minimal tile, etc.

If you're bold enough to do it, why not visit the neighborhood as often as possible and catch residents when they're out and ask them as much as you can? The people living there are the ones to ask.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-20-2009 at 07:42 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 21,073 times
Default Forest Creek

I have looked at the community and am very interested but not if it is not gated. My concerns are the gates and the increases in fees. Can anyone tell me how much the fees increased in a year?

Old 07-07-2008, 10:59 PM

1 posts, read 20,999 times
I have lived in Neal homes for over 10 years now. I am so sick of people whining and complaining about Neal and the cottages at Forest Creek. Neal Communities is offering a product where all age range and income people are actually afford. Not only are these homes reasonably priced, but they are actually nice homes. In response to sadder, people like you complain about the maintenance at Forest Creek (or any other Neal community) and have no idea how other builders treat their homeowners and maintain their communities. I have hear such horror stories about friends that have to deal with other local builder/developers that leave their communities COMPLETELY unmaintained and pay ridiculously high fees. I think some of you people complaining want Pat Neal himself to come in and clean the neighborhood and cut the grass himself. Not only that, some homeowners want to think that Pat Neal is responsible for how the housing market is doing. (I guess it makes them feel better when they go to sleep at night.) Anyone that I have talked to from Neal Communities, including Pat Neal, has always been kind and respectful me and my family and has always addressed any concerns that I have had. For those that own a home (whether it is a Neal home or not), stop whining and complaining because the housing market will come back around, like it always does. All I have to say is if you are looking move Parrish, check out the homes at Forest Creek for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay