Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:57 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems2158 View Post
I've had a house in Sun City Center and now have a condo in King's Point. Being a snowbird, the house in SCC was a problem because there was always something that needed attention. It had a pool and hot tub and landscaping and grass that were always problems. As someone had mentioned, King's Point is better for snow birds because you can lock up and walk away and not have to worry about the outside maintenance.

My HOA monthly cost is $440 but it includes water, basic cable, insurance, twice a week trash pickup and all outside maintenance is includes. The entire King's Point community is landscapes and maintained pretty well. Access to two clubhouses and 3 pools is included.
And the security gate is included as well, I assume? What about the shuttle buses that take people around for shopping and doctor appointments? Believe it or not, where I am now, the county actually provides that service to the 55+ communities if they need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 01:10 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Hillsborough taxpayers pays for a flex route to SCC as well. The internal shuttle at Kings Point is a good deal for folks who cant drive.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:44 AM

if you live in S. Hillsborough, and use Big Bend Road every morning, evening to get to work you might consider signing this petition to improve the traffic flow getting onto I75 because currently as you know, it's a mess.....thought I'd post this petition here as it is one of the few S. Hillsborough County threads -

https://www.change.org/p/u-s-house-o...iter=840067484

Old 12-06-2017, 04:49 AM

Traffic has gotten very congested down here in S. Hillsborough/College Ave included.

South Hillsborough on road to growth, transportation plan aims to address surge | tbo.com

Old 12-06-2017, 05:00 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,522,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Traffic has gotten very congested down here in S. Hillsborough/College Ave included.

South Hillsborough on road to growth, transportation plan aims to address surge | tbo.com
Don't mean to sound negative but I'm afraid you haven't seen anything yet. (It's not going to get any better).

Old 12-06-2017, 09:57 AM

That's a shame about the section of Sun City Center that will be affected by the widening of Big Bend. It really stinks to pay top dollar to retire in what you thought was a peaceful community, only to find out later that you will be affected by the noise, dust, and vehicle exhaust of a major thoroughfare. Hopefully sound barriers are part of the plan.

As bad as it is, though, at least Hillsborough County pays for road repaving, even in parts of Sun City Center. Where I am now, the communities have to foot that bill. Even in non-HOA neighborhoods, the residents have to pay for road re-paving via special assessment that gets tacked on to their property tax bill.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:14 PM

drove around the area today (US 301) and the amount of development is unbelievable....widening the roads, leveling and clearing brush all around Apollo Beach, Riverview.....I can't imagine what this area will look like in 5-10 yrs.....bumper to bumper traffic, I guess.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:44 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,240,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
if you live in S. Hillsborough, and use Big Bend Road every morning, evening to get to work you might consider signing this petition to improve the traffic flow getting onto I75 because currently as you know, it's a mess.....thought I'd post this petition here as it is one of the few S. Hillsborough County threads -

https://www.change.org/p/u-s-house-o...iter=840067484
Before signing the petition, please be aware of the privacy policy for change.org, it's a bit disturbing to me.

Change.org Privacy Policy

BTW, the county has plans for I75. Unfortunately the plans are for completion of the interchange work in 2025. Yes, that's 7 years from now and one can imagine how bad things will get before they get better. What is interesting is the county plans to widen roads, such as 301 and Big Bend, prior to addressing the I75 interchange. Not sure what Einstein with the county thought that it was better to flood the I75 and Big Bend interchange with higher volume of traffic before addressing the necessary interchange improvements.

Additionally, I and several other concerned residents in the area, will be meeting with Commissioner White on Monday to present traffic concerns for the South Hillsborough County. The presentation will include the concerns for I75 and Big Bend and other choke points in the community. We are asking for the Commissioner for support his to have these areas of concerned addressed in a more timely basis than is current planned.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Before signing the petition, please be aware of the privacy policy for change.org, it's a bit disturbing to me.

Change.org Privacy Policy

BTW, the county has plans for I75. Unfortunately the plans are for completion of the interchange work in 2025. Yes, that's 7 years from now and one can imagine how bad things will get before they get better. What is interesting is the county plans to widen roads, such as 301 and Big Bend, prior to addressing the I75 interchange. Not sure what Einstein with the county thought that it was better to flood the I75 and Big Bend interchange with higher volume of traffic before addressing the necessary interchange improvements.

Additionally, I and several other concerned residents in the area, will be meeting with Commissioner White on Monday to present traffic concerns for the South Hillsborough County. The presentation will include the concerns for I75 and Big Bend and other choke points in the community. We are asking for the Commissioner for support his to have these areas of concerned addressed in a more timely basis than is current planned.
I know we've had some differences in the past, and I have moved out of the area, but I just want to say, what you are doing is pure gold and I thank you for it. As a long time resident of Florida, and one who also gets involved in certain issues from time to time, I have been very sour on all the relocation from up North and Midwest, to say the least. But with new residents such as yourself, the state just might have a chance. Unless people speak up and give their input, local politicians will just barrel ahead with plans that suit developers more than residents.

As I've said before, I always found Hillsborough to be a very well run county and responsive to the residents. Almost without exception, my experiences with the county have been good. But it won't always be that way unless people speak up.

And just as an aside, I've done my share of complaining about 301 from Parrish up to Brandon. However, I just wish the main road that our subdivision is off of was as orderly and well planned as that 301 stretch in Hillsborough.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:21 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,240,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
I know we've had some differences in the past, and I have moved out of the area, but I just want to say, what you are doing is pure gold and I thank you for it. As a long time resident of Florida, and one who also gets involved in certain issues from time to time, I have been very sour on all the relocation from up North and Midwest, to say the least. But with new residents such as yourself, the state just might have a chance. Unless people speak up and give their input, local politicians will just barrel ahead with plans that suit developers more than residents.

As I've said before, I always found Hillsborough to be a very well run county and responsive to the residents. Almost without exception, my experiences with the county have been good. But it won't always be that way unless people speak up.

And just as an aside, I've done my share of complaining about 301 from Parrish up to Brandon. However, I just wish the main road that our subdivision is off of was as orderly and well planned as that 301 stretch in Hillsborough.
No worries kmarc, a good discussion with different views is always good way to see different sides of the each story. But when a perceived prejudice is sprinkled in based on persons geographic heritage it can and does take some unfortunate nasty turns. It's still good as long as those involved learn something from it.

Yep, we Yankees aren't really that bad a folk, and blend in that my heritage includes my dad who was a self proclaimed hillbilly, well maybe I got a bit of the southern charm sparkling through.

It's easy for people to just use these forums to BMC, while good for venting it is non-productive and even negatively impacts the moral of the community. I just feel passionate enough to take time to summarize the issue, share facts and details and present a case before Commissioner White. We are hopeful that outcome from our meeting is 1) review the facts and details we have gathered, 2) ask for his support in escalating these concerns to the proper people/channels, 3) that he work to find an opportunity to begin and complete the work in their current plan before 2025 (as currently planned) in order to provide relief to the traffic congestion and safety issues and 4) that he recognize that there are areas of congestion, not in the current transportation plan, that need to be addressed within that plans 10 year time frame. A lot to hope for, guess we'll see.

Thanks for the positive feedback and words kmarc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay