Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 02:17 PM

11 posts, read 17,370 times

Advertisements

I know that many of you migrated to your new homes in Florida from the Frozen North, i was just wondering, do any of you miss snow - Christmas snow? When you receive those Christmas Cards with Currier and Ives scenes, do you get homesick for snowball fights, snowmen, or snow sleds. Do you long for a White Christmas. Does the thought of no White Christmas make you blue. Or maybe the thought of a snowy Christmas just gives you shivers. You remember wind shear factors, antifreeze, and snowblowers. You remember being so cold, you couldn't feel your feet - you began to realize what frostbite must feel like. I wonder if this Christmas you're perfectly content with white sand replacing white snow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 02:20 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,306,070 times
Guess.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:27 PM

Just so I'm clear, is that a sand dune?

Old 12-26-2017, 02:35 PM

471 posts, read 543,975 times
Let me see how to put this clearly.... aw hell no!

Old 12-26-2017, 02:53 PM

Today: You can have your snow.....

NWS Cleveland‏Verified account (National Weather Service)
@NWSCLE

Erie, PA picked up 19" of new snow from midnight to 6 AM. This brings the storm total to 53" over the past 30 hours, shattering many records. This is the greatest 2-day total in the entire state of PA (prev. record 44" in Morgantown, PA 3/20-21/1958).

7:05 AM - 26 Dec 2017

https://twitter.com/NWSCLE/status/94...torm-record%2F

Old 12-26-2017, 04:17 PM

7,745 posts, read 6,318,129 times
It snowed in Clearwater in 1973, but it melted when it was 6' above the ground.

When our kids were at FSU in Tallahassee they each phoned to tell us it was snowing up there.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:18 PM

My wife and I are close to closing on a condo in St. Pete. We will spend some of the year there and some of the year in Kentucky. I don't know how good you are at geography. Kentucky is about half way between Florida and Canada. I can't explain this, but somehow in winter Kentucky becomes a province of Canada. I have a theory the magnetic pull of the North Pole is stronger in winter - probably something to do with the Northern Lights. Anyhow Kentucky is closer to Canada in winter then it is in summer. You can believe me, I'm from Kentucky. Where I'm from Duck Dynasty is on Educational TV. Winter didn't bother me so much when I was younger but as I get older the cold really gets to me. Seems I'm getting some kind of brass monkey syndrome. Florida seems pretty good right now.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit13 View Post
My wife and I are close to closing on a condo in St. Pete. We will spend some of the year there and some of the year in Kentucky. I don't know how good you are at geography. Kentucky is about half way between Florida and Canada. I can't explain this, but somehow in winter Kentucky becomes a province of Canada. I have a theory the magnetic pull of the North Pole is stronger in winter - probably something to do with the Northern Lights. Anyhow Kentucky is closer to Canada in winter then it is in summer. You can believe me, I'm from Kentucky. Where I'm from Duck Dynasty is on Educational TV. Winter didn't bother me so much when I was younger but as I get older the cold really gets to me. Seems I'm getting some kind of brass monkey syndrome. Florida seems pretty good right now.
One can always head to either of the local airports and head to the northern mountains once or twice a year to get his/her fill of snowy weather......

FLIGHTS OUT from Clearwater/STP Airport....
LEXINGTON, KY (LEX) ALLEGIANT SUN, THU, 2 & 6
LOUISVILLE, KY (SDF) ALLEGIANT MON, FRI & 2

http://www.fly2pie.com/docs/default-...pdf?sfvrsn=108

Old 12-26-2017, 07:29 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,227,376 times
Funny, as I was waiting in line at Busch Gardens today in shorts and pull over shirt I shared this with my friends and family who live in the Chicago area with caption "I hope you are enjoying your White Christmas".

Yep, I miss the snow and hope I continue to miss it for many years to come!

Old 12-27-2017, 04:08 AM

Don't miss worrying about black ice and wrapping my car around a tree. While I was in the military, I was a first responder in this type of accident. Pretty bad scene. Driver dead on the scene. Image of his car sailing into a tree and wrapping around it will never leave me. Dangerous driving in the stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRK2K1vv0cU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay