Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,573 times

Advertisements

Wondering if Waterset is really worth the price difference compared to other Riverview/Apollo Beach communities that are less expensive, like South Fork, Waterleaf, and Panther Trace.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 12:00 AM

5 posts, read 7,641 times
I am following this thread . I have the same exact question .

Old 04-30-2018, 01:43 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,213,764 times
If you like a larger community, then look at Waterset. It's a decent community, but it wasn't for me. There will be over 7,000 homes once completed. It's also located right near TECO plant, which was a bit of a turn-off for me.

I moved to Waterleaf as I liked the smaller community feel (will be 600 homes) and the style and quality of the build. I don't know if you can say Waterset costs more than Waterleaf, there are homes in Waterleaf from mid 200's to upper 600's, depends on home and lot size.

I know of two neighbors who lived in Waterset originally and moved to Waterleaf. I also know of several people who like me looked at Waterset but bought in Waterleaf. I'm sure there are those who looked at Waterleaf and moved to Waterset as well, but I don't interact with those people

Good luck in your search.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:43 PM

7 posts, read 5,442 times
Just to throw another consideration out there---I find many people weigh commute times when looking at both communities. If you have to travel during rush hour the commute can be the deal breaker.

Good luck with your search!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:16 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,555,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Military Mom View Post
Just to throw another consideration out there---I find many people weigh commute times when looking at both communities. If you have to travel during rush hour the commute can be the deal breaker.

Good luck with your search!
Commute should be at the top of the list here in Tampa Bay. When we were looking at buying our house in Brandon (88) the builder said he could build the same house cheaper down in southshore and save us $15000. That was the best 15K I ever spent. The amount of time and gas that would of added to my commutes would be $$$$ crazy $$$. living 7 minutes to the crosstown/75N/75S = priceless. Being in walking distance to a Large Town Center Mall, Costco, restaurants, banks, medical offices, restaurants, Fitnesss Centers, Lowes, restaurants, Pet Hospital, Verizon store, restaurants, walking trail, Bass Pro Shop, Top Golf entertainment, Walmart Super Center, Publix, Aldi, Post Office and did I mention many restaurants. Who needs to sit in traffic when god gave us legs and sunshine.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:06 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,213,764 times
Going to guess that from 1988 the price difference is much more than $15K today, hence the reason people are looking in the southshore area. I know for my house there was at least $100K difference in what would be comparable as you get closer to Tampa area. But I don't worry about commuting (or working at all for that matter).

Old 05-02-2018, 07:23 AM

79 posts, read 75,968 times
I have spent a considerable amount of time in Waterset and Mirabay. Both offer GREAT amenities and gathering spaces that make it feel like a community. I would say Mirabay is the most "resort" like setting and Waterset is more of a suburb type setting. Your commute to Tampa will be fairly easy and quick depending on what time of day you'll be driving there. Both communities are a great value for your money, especially if you're going to buy an existing home and not new construction. Private message me if you have further questions, I'd love to help!

Old 05-02-2018, 09:55 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,555,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Going to guess that from 1988 the price difference is much more than $15K today, hence the reason people are looking in the southshore area. I know for my house there was at least $100K difference in what would be comparable as you get closer to Tampa area. But I don't worry about commuting (or working at all for that matter).
For sure. When you are retired the priorities definitely change.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:44 PM

5 posts, read 7,641 times
Thank you guys for that ... Im looking at Lucaya Lake Club and Triple Creek also. I’m heading to Tampa on Friday to look at homes as I am currently in South FL. I’ve just noticed some house
prices are bein reduced in Waterset and I’m trying to figure out why. Maybe all the new construction sigh....

Old 05-03-2018, 03:19 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,113,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewell2018 View Post
Thank you guys for that ... Im looking at Lucaya Lake Club and Triple Creek also. I’m heading to Tampa on Friday to look at homes as I am currently in South FL. I’ve just noticed some house
prices are bein reduced in Waterset and I’m trying to figure out why. Maybe all the new construction sigh....
Probably just stagnation. Housing prices go up and up until they reach the point people can't afford them. You might want to do a foreclosure heat map search on Zillow, check out pre-foreclosures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay