Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 09:01 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-fan View Post
I'm really luvin my nearby Walmart neighborhood market. Clean, no crowds. fast checkout, best prices on the frozen veggies and canned goods I routinely buy. Here are the Tampa locations:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/w.../data=!3m1!4b1
I like Walmart Neighborhood Market supermarkets. A store I have shopped at was easy to get in and out, had necessities food and pharmacy departments, had good products and fresh foods at good prices, was well kept, and was well staffed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 09:05 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I like Walmart Neighborhood Market supermarkets. A store I have shopped at was easy to get in and out, had necessities food and pharmacy departments, had good products and fresh foods at good prices, was well kept, and was well staffed.
What is it about Walmart staff, though, are they discouraged from being friendly.....it really takes a lot of effort to get them to smile - are they that poorly understaffed, underpaid or mistreated by their supervisors that they just can't bring themselves to smile. I find that it's like this across the board in most of the Walmarts that I've visited in all the states.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:08 AM

144 posts, read 94,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBmodem View Post
well then it couldn't be the one at Myrtle, the one at Lockwd suxx too
This one's in "Palmer Crossing" (Clark & Honore).

Disappointing to read that other of their Neighborhood Markets aren't good.

Maybe I have low standards. When I lived in Tampa, the local Walmart (Hanley & Waters) was laughable.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
What is it about Walmart staff, though, are they discouraged from being friendly.....it really takes a lot of effort to get them to smile - are they that poorly understaffed, underpaid or mistreated by their supervisors that they just can't bring themselves to smile. I find that it's like this across the board in most of the Walmarts that I've visited in all the states.
I do not know which Walmart stores you have shopped at. I have shopped at a Walmart Supercenter and a Walmart Neighborhood Market within the span of three months. Associates at both stores were upbeat and energized.

Are Walmart associates underpaid? I have heard Walmart's starting pay is higher than an experienced Winn-Dixie associate's pay.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:43 AM

I have seen United States Department of Agriculture Prime meats at Walmart recently.

Old 03-25-2018, 10:46 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Publix "Cuban bread"?

You must not be Cuban.
No, I'm not. But I was raised on Cuban food and no longer live in Florida. I happen to like what Publix bakes up here, it's a fresh and tasty compromise.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:00 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
This was my experience at the only Neighborhood Market I've ever been to as well. It was in Orlando on 436, a few miles north of the Airport. When I said "thanks, have a good night" to the cashier, I was met with a glare. He didn't say a single word during the entire transaction.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
This was my experience at the only Neighborhood Market I've ever been to as well. It was in Orlando on 436, a few miles north of the Airport. When I said "thanks, have a good night" to the cashier, I was met with a glare. He didn't say a single word during the entire transaction.
Yep - I usually say stuff to them. Last week at Ft Lauderdale area Walmarts (I had to visit several for what I was needing).....absolutely no courtesy. I purposely went through one cashier and not a single verbal interaction. I get better satisfaction at the self checkout kiosk nowadays .

I suspect that a shift of dealing with Walmart customers, it's best for them to clam up and be quiet or they'd get in a rhubarb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp4bp13sp-0

Old 03-26-2018, 10:15 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
You guys are shopping at Wal-Mart... Find a better store and you wont have these issues.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:05 PM

144 posts, read 94,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
You guys are shopping at Wal-Mart... Find a better store and you wont have these issues.
I'll say it again, my local Walmart neighborhood store is rocking it. Today I picked up a four pack of LED light-bulbs. Best price and free shipping to my local Walmart.

Shopping there works for me, as the Great Value staples are cheap and great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay