Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Assuming the streetcar expansion does end up happening, traffic through Downtown should lighten up a little bit. Now, if they could extend it to Seminole Heights, it should ease a lot of traffic around that general area.

Unfortunately, I see Hillsborough screwing us yet again.
Something needs to be done for traffic not to back up with all the additional people who are moving to Florida and Tampa Bay area, due to the growth that is going on.

Wesley Chapel is getting a Diamond pattern to access I-75 which is like Sarasota or Bradenton already has.

Overpass gets an exit/access to I-75 so that will take traffic of other exits but way more needs to be done to keep up with the growth.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:13 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Something needs to be done for traffic not to back up with all the additional people who are moving to Florida and Tampa Bay area, due to the growth that is going on.
I agree. What I would do is make mass transit. You either use it, or you're stuck in traffic.

What I will not agree to is tearing through Ybor and Seminole Heights over and over again to make room for more lanes that will be obsolete in ten years.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
They'll learn 10 yrs too late that they need rail. I'll be dead and buried before they opt for mass transit like they should. No progressive thinking. If Vinik really wanted to make an impact he'd focus on that need. But it's too huge, too expensive, too risky.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:15 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Most public transits are government run and can’t even break even and cause tax increases.

Most cities that have public transportation have that for decades and the cities basically grow bigger with expending the transportation that was already in place.

Tampa only has some public transportation that is already causing roads to back up as they stop in the middle of the road which is super annoying.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:48 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Most public transits are government run and can’t even break even and cause tax increases.
This. I've lost count of how many times my former state had to give a bailout the regional transit authority before I moved down here. They keep raising the prices on the toll roads to fund the bailout, so people who aren't even using mass transit are continually subsidizing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay