U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-30-2018, 07:43 AM
 
162 posts, read 279,236 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

We are looking at homes in this area and so far I've come up with the following neighborhoods to check out when we visit the area. Any thoughts on these? I've done searches but only a few of them come up.

Fishhawk Ranch
Channing Park
River Hills
Twin Lakes of Brandon

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2018, 11:52 PM
KPB
 
1,504 posts, read 1,096,174 times
Reputation: 1285
Don't overlook Fishhawk Trails if your set on that area. It's the subdivision next to Riverhills and on the other side of the street from Fishhawk Ranch. The houses are on bigger lots, not 5 feet away from each other like Fishhawk Ranch which is very cookie cutter. Riverhills are on bigger lots as well but much older than Fishhawk Trails which was developed in the mid 90's.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2018, 05:45 AM
 
162 posts, read 279,236 times
Reputation: 32
We really like FishHawk Trails as well. But we can’t afford it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 11:56 AM
 
22,452 posts, read 33,300,379 times
Reputation: 21954
Check out Antebellum and Clearview, the last two phases in Fishhawk Ranch. They're part of the A-rated Newsome HS district.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 06:51 AM
 
162 posts, read 279,236 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Check out Antebellum and Clearview, the last two phases in Fishhawk Ranch. They're part of the A-rated Newsome HS district.
Thanks I will!

You seem to know the area well. I have a question. Yesterday I spoke with someone from Bradentown that knows of this area, but has never been. She said not to live too gar away from my husband's job (Lakeland) as I-4 is a nightmare and traffic will be terrible. My husband is OK with up to a 45 minute commute. Would FishHawk be longer than that? It says 21 miles on mapquest, would that really take up to an hour?

The good thing is he goes to work very early in the morning so that's not a concern really, but what about in the evening?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2018, 05:39 AM
 
22,452 posts, read 33,300,379 times
Reputation: 21954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cjj View Post
Thanks I will!

You seem to know the area well. I have a question. Yesterday I spoke with someone from Bradentown that knows of this area, but has never been. She said not to live too gar away from my husband's job (Lakeland) as I-4 is a nightmare and traffic will be terrible. My husband is OK with up to a 45 minute commute. Would FishHawk be longer than that? It says 21 miles on mapquest, would that really take up to an hour?

The good thing is he goes to work very early in the morning so that's not a concern really, but what about in the evening?
Actually I-4 isn't even part of the equation typically as there are other options. 21 miles is shorter than the 31 miles to downtown I was utilizing, so his work place must be on the west or southwest side which will equal a shorter than 45 minute drive time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2018, 06:48 AM
 
162 posts, read 279,236 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Actually I-4 isn't even part of the equation typically as there are other options. 21 miles is shorter than the 31 miles to downtown I was utilizing, so his work place must be on the west or southwest side which will equal a shorter than 45 minute drive time.
His workplace is in zip code 33811. I put in a few properties in FishHawk and calculated the distance and 21 was the average. I guess it depends where in FishHawk obviously.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2018, 05:34 PM
 
37 posts, read 48,408 times
Reputation: 44
Happy Holidays To Everyone!
I am considering moving to the Tampa area from the suburbs of New York City. I am doing my research but would like information concerning the crime in Riverview, Fl and Valrico, Fl. Are there any safe areas that you can recommend? I am especially concerned about safe neighborhoods where you don't have to worry about home burglaries. I am also looking for diversity and for shopping to be very close by. I don't want to have to drive far to restaurants or to run everyday errands. I am looking for an intimate setting even though I know Florida is very spread out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2018, 07:45 PM
 
788 posts, read 518,552 times
Reputation: 850
Great, we're getting another damn New Yorker.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2018, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
4,189 posts, read 4,364,749 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb710 View Post
Happy Holidays To Everyone!
I am considering moving to the Tampa area from the suburbs of New York City. I am doing my research but would like information concerning the crime in Riverview, Fl and Valrico, Fl. Are there any safe areas that you can recommend? I am especially concerned about safe neighborhoods where you don't have to worry about home burglaries. I am also looking for diversity and for shopping to be very close by. I don't want to have to drive far to restaurants or to run everyday errands. I am looking for an intimate setting even though I know Florida is very spread out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Then the Lithia/Valrico neighborhoods are not where you want to be. There is nothing "intimate" about the area.

RM
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top