Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 08:24 AM

850 posts, read 3,149,813 times

Advertisements

Okay ya'll - this is an s.o.s. for info on the job market in Tampa, Orlando and points in between.

My husband and I have come to the conclusion that we need to go where the jobs are - due to the market problems here in KY. We have sent resumes through Career Builder, but have found the site NOT to be very helpful. He has applied for some Civil Service jobs (used to work at Fort Knox but his position was eliminated) and is deep into IT. I am in the Medical field.

Here is the question - can someone give me the name of an agency/agencies which will accept resumes and work with people wishing to relocate?
I have a realtor who has been somewhat helpful, but it is not her forte'. My parents live in Sebring, but I know that market does not support the careers we have.

We are up for a commute 45 minutes or so, and realize living inland is cheaper than the coast -

Any suggestions? Thanks!

KimmieyKY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2006, 02:07 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,350,819 times
For Tampa, check this link: http://www.medhunters.com/jobs/tampa-florida-usa.html (broken link)

Medical Field is HUGE here, not familiar with Orlando medical market. In Tampa there is Tampa General Hospital, MacDill AFB, St. Josephs, University, Memorial, Vencor, H Lee Moffitt Cancer, VA Hospital, Town n Country Hospital. At USF thee are major medical areas, as USF(Univ of South Florida) is a major medical and nursing college. With the booming population, both young and retirees, it will always be in need.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:28 PM

850 posts, read 3,149,813 times
Thank you so much! I just had time to come back and check messages - I have been applying for positions in Sarasota - lots there, too.

Any take on the IT market? I noticed the link (thank you )for med jobs - anything for IT?

Old 12-17-2006, 11:36 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,350,819 times
IT is hude too, not familiar with recruiters, but most my friends in this field work from home and make over 80k. Sarasota very nice , rich area$$$$, but very elderly, beaches are very nice, but being under 40 with no family tends to have you coming up to Tampa for some action..I like Sarasota alot, but can be a little too laid back for me, in my opinion.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:50 PM

131 posts, read 575,926 times
Kimmie -- I used to work in IT in Orlando. What type of IT work are you looking for??? I was in sales. After 9/11 it got really bad (my industry), however after we moved back to KY (Northern KY) we realized the economy recovered quicker in Orlando then Cincy. My hubby does design work/graphics and his field seems to have rebounded in Orlando. We are hoping to move back to Fl in 08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay